+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

Mark Ballas Jokes Partner Melissa Joan Hart Couldn’t Handle Maksim - PEOPLE TV Watch

Dancing with the Stars

Mark Ballas Jokes Partner Melissa Joan Hart Couldn’t Handle Maksim
    October 12, 2009

With last week’s strong showings by Mya and Natalie Coughlin, Melissa Joan Hart and her pro-partner Mark Ballas may have an uphill climb to that mirror ball trophy, and it will take less talk, more action!

“I call her ‘Tangent,’ ” Ballas tells PEOPLE with a laugh, ” She can talk … a lot, and about the most random things, because one thing will set her off, and she will talk about that forever, and that will link to something else, and that will link to something else … and then twenty minutes will go by.”

The dancing duo, appearing together on Friday night at the 5th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards are still getting to know each on the dance floor, but, as far as any chemistry issues, think old, married couple, with a lot of give and take.

When asked if she had come up with a moniker for her dance instructor, Joan Hart quickly shot back with, “Bossy,” which elicited an eye-roll from Ballas. “She thinks that I’m mean,” he said, “she wouldn’t last five minutes with Maks said, “she wouldn’t last five minutes with Maks [Chmerkovskiy].” – Reagan Alexander
    I'll go back to what I said before-I wonder if Melissa will come off regretting this as apparently it's not as easy as she expected, and it's not like she's getting a ton of press, either. Sure, it never hurts to get your name back out there and a career boost. But she seems to be one of the bigger complainers this season in regards to how much work it is and how hard it is.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3725521;
    Mark Ballas Jokes Partner Melissa Joan Hart Couldn’t Handle Maksim - PEOPLE TV Watch

I'll go back to what I said before-I wonder if Melissa will come off regretting this as apparently it's not as easy as she expected, and it's not like she's getting a ton of press, either. Sure, it never hurts to get your name back out there and a career boost. But she seems to be one of the bigger complainers this season in regards to how much work it is and how hard it is.
    I would agree with you except that, somehow out of somewhere, she delivered a performance tonight that I honestly didn't know she had in her.
    We can nitpick that she didn't really deserve the 10, but it was darned good.
    I'm happy for her. It wasn't easy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It's not hard dancing to the Charleston with that song of all songs However, I'll give Melissa her due. I think she's been a whiner, but she did really good tonight. I enjoyed Kelly and Donny's Charleston's more, but she did a really good job and I'm surprised she didn't do this well in her jive, because she obviously has the moves in her. So I'll blame Mark for that one. He seemed more nervous than Melissa about the criticism and scores. It remains to be seen if this was a one time deal and she'll be back to struggling next week or not. There was one part where I couldn't tell if she screwed up or not but I guess if Len didn't catch it it must have been part of the routine. I can't see Grumpy overlooking everything.

Mark still annoys me though, and I really won't miss these two if they went home tomorrow.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3726337;
    It's not hard dancing to the Charleston with that song of all songs However, I'll give Melissa her due. I think she's been a whiner, but she did really good tonight. I enjoyed Kelly and Donny's Charleston's more, but she did a really good job and I'm surprised she didn't do this well in her jive, because she obviously has the moves in her. So I'll blame Mark for that one. He seemed more nervous than Melissa about the criticism and scores. It remains to be seen if this was a one time deal and she'll be back to struggling next week or not. There was one part where I couldn't tell if she screwed up or not but I guess if Len didn't catch it it must have been part of the routine. I can't see Grumpy overlooking everything.

Mark still annoys me though, and I really won't miss these two if they went home tomorrow.
    Yea, look, MJH is not a great dancer. I'm not even sure if she qualifies as a star anymore. Her incessant blabbering in practice would drive me nuts.
    But she's not a bad person. So I'm happy to see someone like that have one great night when it all came together - I doubt it'll happen again. But she can at least go home with her dignity intact.
    I was hoping for a night like that for Michael, but with his coach, it's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726339;
    I'm not even sure if she qualifies as a star anymore. Her incessant blabbering in practice would drive me nuts.
    Everyone complains when reality contestants or other people are chosen for the show that aren't really 'stars'. Yet, they dig one up and everyone still complains.... Most of the 'stars' they pick are has-beens. The ones that aren't are still working and don't have time to do this show. At least MJH has a few tv shows (Clarissa Explains It All/Sabrina) under her belt plus a few tv movies and a couple of big screen movies out there.

She seems like a good kid....had a decent career in her youth, is married, has kids...seems like a good mom and you always see her in the tabloids at charity functions. I just don't understand the MJH hate. Is it more her partner than Melissa herself?

That said...I thought she was fantastic tonight. Maybe not quite worthy of 10's but she was the most improved of the evening and I'm happy to see her finally do well. I thoroughly enjoyed her dance.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726339;
    Yea, look, MJH is not a great dancer. I'm not even sure if she qualifies as a star anymore. Her incessant blabbering in practice would drive me nuts.
    But she's not a bad person. So I'm happy to see someone like that have one great night when it all came together - I doubt it'll happen again. But she can at least go home with her dignity intact.
    I was hoping for a night like that for Michael, but with his coach, it's never going to happen.
    When it happened, this was exactly the "sense" that I got as well. She pulled that one off whereas she may not be able to pull another one off down the road anywhere near as well. I think they let her have and savor the victory as I don't think they believe she will be the ultimate winner.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3726355;
    Everyone complains when reality contestants or other people are chosen for the show that aren't really 'stars'. Yet, they dig one up and everyone still complains.... Most of the 'stars' they pick are has-beens. The ones that aren't are still working and don't have time to do this show. At least MJH has a few tv shows (Clarissa Explains It All/Sabrina) under her belt plus a few tv movies and a couple of big screen movies out there.

She seems like a good kid....had a decent career in her youth, is married, has kids...seems like a good mom and you always see her in the tabloids at charity functions. I just don't understand the MJH hate. Is it more her partner than Melissa herself?

That said...I thought she was fantastic tonight. Maybe not quite worthy of 10's but she was the most improved of the evening and I'm happy to see her finally do well. I thoroughly enjoyed her dance.
    I've thought about that, but how did Susan Lucci and Cameron Matheson compete AND work on a daily soap in NYC while on the show?

Regarding MJH....she did better last night than in previous weeks...but in no way did she deserve 10s. No way.
    But she annoys me anyway.....so seeing her and her annoying partner go wouldn't bother me in the least, however I think Michael and a few others will most likely go before her.

I thought she did a really good job with the Charleston last night - definitely fun to watch.
    Has anyone else noticed that Mark's antics are becoming on a par with his father? I used to really like him, but his mugging is getting a bit annoying.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member

BTW, Melissa and Mark will get the encore dance tonight, oh joy I get to see Mark ham it up again. Ugh.

MJH is not a great dancer, she knows this but she danced very well last night. She's still learning, practicing like all the other celebs. She won't win.

I liked her sitcom, years ago, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, it was a really cute, fun show (I am 52). She seems like a very nice person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast