+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

I heard Mark and Melissa were disappointed with their jive scores. I thought they were right on. Mark doesn't get it that it's not all tricks to cover up bad dancing. I wouldn't say Melissa's the worst and maybe she'll improve, but her feet look funny and like they don't know where to go. Much like with Shawn last year, there were points during the jive where it looked like they were doing two seperate things but weren't supposed to be.

I did like Mark his first season with Sabrina, but since then, and since the Hough/Ballas reign has taken over, his ego has gotten bigger and bigger. He doesn't seem to take criticism well. I saw an interview with him where he mentioned he's already thinking about a solo music career. I would think one would wait until your band career gets off the ground first to see if you can even make it that way.

sdl

Is it just me or does Melissa Joan Hart look old for age 33?
    Don't get me wrong, I like her and find her attractive. I just thought she looked more like mid-40's.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3715440;
    I heard Mark and Melissa were disappointed with their jive scores. I thought they were right on. Mark doesn't get it that it's not all tricks to cover up bad dancing. I wouldn't say Melissa's the worst and maybe she'll improve, but her feet look funny and like they don't know where to go. Much like with Shawn last year, there were points during the jive where it looked like they were doing two seperate things but weren't supposed to be.

I did like Mark his first season with Sabrina, but since then, and since the Hough/Ballas reign has taken over, his ego has gotten bigger and bigger. He doesn't seem to take criticism well. I saw an interview with him where he mentioned he's already thinking about a solo music career. I would think one would wait until your band career gets off the ground first to see if you can even make it that way.
    Really?! He was talking about a stupid solo career? LMAO! Yeah, that's not going to happen. When I saw video clips of his "singing" at The Grove, he sings like he dances. So over the top with so much histrionics.

In his interview with Samantha after they got their scores, he muttered something about how they still got two sixes. Then in another interview, he said he was happy that Carrie Ann gave them a 7 but then said the judges were right. Huh? He is not only arrogant but talks out of both sides of his mouth. He is a fool if he thinks Melissa deserved more than those 6s. I thought that 7 was too generous and I thought Baz did not like the dance but just tried to be polite. Baz really did not seem to like it.

Melissa looks old and looks really out of shape.

Mark is nuts, looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket, and looks like he hasn't slept in a month.

That costume and choreography did Melissa no favors last night. I don't think she's a good dancer to begin with but there seems to be potential. I don't think Mark has been the best teacher with the routines he's come up with, minus their VW. I wonder if in fact Melissa will regret this because I think they have both expected better comments and scores.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3720105;
    Mark is nuts, looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket, and looks like he hasn't slept in a month.

That costume and choreography did Melissa no favors last night.
    I agree, Mark does look rough. I think Melissa has poor posture. When added to her odd figure/body shape, it is not doing her any favors.

Y'know, Melissa isn't one of my favorites. I did think she was cute back in the day when she played the teenage witch but now/ Whatever. I do feel it's harsh to judge her body shape as she is someone who has had two children. (And one fairly recently.) There are some women who's body type allows them to bounce back quickly (like Brooke) and others like one of my daughters who may never be the same as before. Even though one isn't overweight, sometimes the shape just changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3721541;
    Y'know, Melissa isn't one of my favorites. I did think she was cute back in the day when she played the teenage witch but now/ Whatever. I do feel it's harsh to judge her body shape as she is someone who has had two children. (And one fairly recently.) There are some women who's body type allows them to bounce back quickly (like Brooke) and others like one of my daughters who may never be the same as before. Even though one isn't overweight, sometimes the shape just changes.
    That's just it though. Melissa was very overweight after she had her last kid. She has lost a lot of it since then and has done a great job getting back into shape. I really admire her for what she is doing on DWTS.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Who is John Galt?

She is not really overweight, just soft and probably doesn't work out. Dancing will tone her up pretty quick. Her dance ability is just not there. She is not as awkward as Kathy, but she gets lost in her foot work. I don't mind watching her, but doubt she last much longer (unless her fan base is huge).

I wasn't implying that she is overweight. I applaud her for losing all the baby weight. I was simply noticing that her figure is such that no matter how much weight she loses, it's not going to be cute.

I wasn't making any references to her weight, either, just saying for her body type, I don't think Mark did her any justice by that costume and choreography for her samba. However, all that aside, I don't think her dancing is fantastic, either. It's only week 3, so there's still time. Besides, I think she'll probably outlast a few other couples, namely Chuck/Anna and Michael/Anna. She's still remembered as Clarissa and Sabrina, and has been on wish lists for awhile to feel the former tween stars category. But with all the couples and good/bad dancing, I'm not really sure where she falls into place with the viewer votes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast