+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

Re: Melissa Joan Hart - Season 9

I'm 54 and I know very well who she is. But, waiting to see if she can dance before I make my judgement.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3684753;
    I'm 54 and I know very well who she is. But, waiting to see if she can dance before I make my judgement.
    Yeah, but I think there's a difference between "knowing who someone is" and being part of a fanbase (who will be inclined vote for someone simply because of who they are).

I'm sure a reasonably large percentage of the viewers will know who she is. How much they CARE is the issue.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Most remember her and they think she is cute. But I have never cared for her. She is desperate and her comments about Farrah was tasteless. She said she hoped Farrah did not die so People Magazine would still run her cover where she lost her baby weight. If we can see this side from Melissa, maybe people will not care for her. Leave early and take that annoying partner with you.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3676567;
    I know why Shawn won. But it is sad to see Gilles lose and people did not vote on the dancing.

No, I do not like Melissa either. I liked her when she was younger. There are plenty of others hoping bad karma for other pro dancers too so it is not any different.

I know Melissa is popular and my wish will not happen. I do not like her but not delusional and know there is no way she is leaving early.
    Hey, most people are out for Maks and Karina each season as well and squeal with delight when they get a dud. I think Mark bugs me 1,000x more than either Derek or Julianne. Seriously compare-Mark went from his first season with Sabrina, to a win with Kristi, to Kim, to another win with Shawn, and now MJH. Jonathan, in those season, had a 3rd place controversial finish with Marie, to 2 first boots with Monica and Belinda, and now he gets Macy. I wonder if MJH requested Mark or Derek. Who wouldn't? She probably wants the pro that will keep her on the show as long as possible (who wouldn't). I'm thinking these two might mirror Shannon/Derek, minus the tears, when they got upset over remarks and scores.

No, Melissa won't be going anywhere anytime soon but I'm already ready for her and Mark to hit the road. Mark seems more and more arrogant each season. I hope he decides to take next season off. If he wins again, I may toss the TV out the window. He may have his fans, but not everyone thinks the show revolves around him and would like to see the other pros get rewarded.

FORT Regular

karalott, Thank you! No one has had the good fortune of Mark. You are right. He has gotten increasingly arrogant even though he had Sabrina, Kristi, and Shawn as partners. He seemed more full of himself last season. Now with Melissa who is equally desperate and whiney, they will annoy. But why ask for Mark? I am guessing her popularity will keep him around, not the other way around. When paired with someone not as talented or popular, he does not do as well. He could not even make it to the half way point with Sabrina. If Melissa was smart, she should have asked for Louis, Tony, Maks or Derek. They all do better than Mark. Of course none of them were blessed with Kristi or Shawn either. Though I imagine since those two will put on an act for the camera. They are incredibly fake.

You might be on the right track about Melissa whining. I found her sort of apology about her Fararh comments. She quickly made it about herself to excuse her stupid comments.

Is Mark even popular? He has fans but more than Maks or Derek? He is not the best choreographer or dancer. I do not see why he is the one pro with that best partners every season. Mark won twice but look at his partners. I am sick of him and hope he takes several seasons off. I doubt he will be missed that much. Especially since season 6 with Kristi was a low rated season and I bet last season's high ratings had more to do with Melissa R. and Gilles.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3689537;
    karalott, Thank you! No one has had the good fortune of Mark. You are right. He has gotten increasingly arrogant even though he had Sabrina, Kristi, and Shawn as partners. He seemed more full of himself last season. Now with Melissa who is equally desperate and whiney, they will annoy. But why ask for Mark? I am guessing her popularity will keep him around, not the other way around. When paired with someone not as talented or popular, he does not do as well. He could not even make it to the half way point with Sabrina. If Melissa was smart, she should have asked for Louis, Tony, Maks or Derek. They all do better than Mark. Of course none of them were blessed with Kristi or Shawn either. Though I imagine since those two will put on an act for the camera. They are incredibly fake.

You might be on the right track about Melissa whining. I found her sort of apology about her Fararh comments. She quickly made it about herself to excuse her stupid comments.

Is Mark even popular? He has fans but more than Maks or Derek? He is not the best choreographer or dancer. I do not see why he is the one pro with that best partners every season. Mark won twice but look at his partners. I am sick of him and hope he takes several seasons off. I doubt he will be missed that much. Especially since season 6 with Kristi was a low rated season and I bet last season's high ratings had more to do with Melissa R. and Gilles.
    I totally agree with that. There was no mystery about who was going to win season 6, Kristi Y. was. Last season, they had the largest audience for the premiere in the history of DWTS and I think it had a lot to do with the news that Melissa Rycroft from the Bachelor was going to be on. It was all over the news and it was on Special Edition on ABC about 30 minutes before DWTS premiered. After all, 17 million viewers just a week before had seen Melissa get dumped on The Bachelor and were still p*ss*d about it. Viewers were probably curious to see how she was doing, most not realizing that that actually happened 6-7 weeks prior to airing. ABC was bound and determined to make that fiasco last as long as possible. I'm sure glad they did.

Season 8 had some really good dancers and the leader board changed all the time. Any one of the final 6 could have won if they had had the fan base; Shawn, Gilles, Melissa, Ty, Lil Kim and Chuck. Ty had a fan base, but needed a tad more dancing skills and Chuck was really coming on those final 2-3 weeks he was there. Melissa's fan base obviously overwhelmed him that last week he was there because he was 5 points ahead of her in judges scores that week because of her injury and they had to judge her rehearsal tape instead of a live performance.

In Season 8, any one of those final 3 could have won and we had no idea who it would win until Tom announced the winner at the finale. Frankly, I was surprised. I thought when it got to Gilles and Shawn, that Gilles would win.

FORT Fanatic

For me she gives off a Jennie Garth vibe. I am not a fan of her acting either.

FORT Regular

Jennie never gave off desperate fame whore vibes. That's Melissa. Jennie seems content being a mom and acting and not desperate to stay in the spotlight. While Melissa seems to try so hard to be relevant. She did those pics in Maxim or FHM to break away from her sweet image. Those Farrah comments and now I read about some stupid myspace blog where she ranted about Daugherty stealing a song from her husband and called them gay. Bad taste, immature. More things to add to my dislike.

FORT Fanatic

Didn't Jennie say at one point she'd never do 90210 again? And then low and behold... biting hand that feeds comes to mind.

FORT Regular

I said Jennie was content acting. 90210 is an acting gig and no way going to make her regain her 90210 glory days. She knows that. Is Jennie on every magazine cover promoting show? Is she off trying to stay relevant? I do not think she is even a full time cast member and that is what she wanted. Part time gig, helping out the show that changed her life is not the same thing as fame whore. That is completely different from Melissa who was upset over the possibility of her People cover being bumped. Or calling someone gay on myspace for stealing her husband's song. People can get Jennie vibes but Jennie was never desperate or obnoxious like Melissa. Really, a myspace rant? Is she 12? Hopefully Melissa's dancing will not be that great and combined with Mark's obnoxious choreography, they will just make it to the half way point.
    Last edited by cousin_oliver; 09-05-2009 at 10:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast