+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3749738;
    This show was great for Mark. He appears to be headed for the D-list.
    Wasn't he already there? Although I guess this season is more like the D, F, and Z list.

AndieWestie and Karalott,

Both of your comments have me

Thanks, I needed that!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

In all seriousness, Mark is doing a couple of indy films, and the Martial Arts community are very excited at the prospects. At 45 he's as fit as he was at 25, and he still seems to get people to watch and notice him.

And it does appear that he's going to do some television.

Gilles has indicated in a Q and A on his website that they may do a film together.

Just because he's not a household name in the States doesn't mean he isn't known.

FORT Fanatic

One of the coolest things about Mark is that he twitters to his fans as easily in French and German as he does in English.

His fans certainly extend beyond the US borders.

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3750220;
    It didn't blow everyone away if hardly anyone even remembers it, or him.
    The facts are that Joanna did a Paso last week that people are still talking about, and is headed for the finals.
    Mark, a nice guy who happens to be boring and a bad actor, is gone from the show, having been voted off.
    According to the press releases, Mark has recently been promoting his latest ultra low budget movie, which was never shown in any theaters but went straight to DVD.
    Neither one has a career I would brag about, but Joanna has clearly won this round.
    Mark seems like a really nice guy but boy his dancing could hardly have been more boring.

I really wanted to see some of the martial arts energy and excitiment brought to the dancefloor--but all we got were some of the moves without the distinct energy.

Unlike Kristi Yamaguchi who brought the excitement and precision of ice dancing with her to the dancefloor.

I completely agree that while Mark--Mr Nice Guy--has pretty mich been forgotten, people are still gushing over J& D's futurisitic paso.

(Disclaimer--I don't like what I see of Joanna as a person. By my criterion--woiuld I want to sit next to her on a long airplane flight?--the answer would be an emphatic "NO!")

My list of DWTS "celebs" that I would want to sit next to on a plane, or have a sitdown:

Marissa (I'm expecting tomatoes)
    Melissa R (ditto on the tomatoes)
    Wozzie (more tomatoes)
    Louie
    Warren
    Emmett
    Apolo
    Natalie
    Kathy
    Brooke

Maybe OT (apologies), but I had fun remembering them. It's a short list, there are more but I'll spare you.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3750292;
    (Disclaimer--I don't like what I see of Joanna as a person. By my criterion--woiuld I want to sit next to her on a long airplane flight?--the answer would be an emphatic "NO!")

This is exactly why the show railroaded Mark. He never got the credit for the Paso Doble that he should have, and the Jitterbug, they won't even let him do it for the finale. I know exactly why. It was so good, that it's going to show up anything the stiff old man or the lead foot or the bimbo can do. Funny how no one was bored with that Jitterbug. It should have been the clear winner week 6, but was tied with Krupa's waltz mess.

And yes, Donny Osmond had to pay somebody to be on the show, for sure. The guy is a terrible dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750317;
    This is exactly why the show railroaded Mark. He never got the credit for the Paso Doble that he should have, and the Jitterbug, they won't even let him do it for the finale. I know exactly why. It was so good, that it's going to show up anything the stiff old man or the lead foot or the bimbo can do. Funny how no one was bored with that Jitterbug. It should have been the clear winner week 6, but was tied with Krupa's waltz mess.

And yes, Donny Osmond had to pay somebody to be on the show, for sure. The guy is a terrible dancer.
    Wow. You are a serious fan (Or maybe a relative?) While Mark seemed to be a very likeable guy and I was sorry for the circumstance that sent him home the week they did, it's life and stuff happens. He's moved on and found benefits from his time on the show. I can honestly say I don't remember Mark's dances except that he included some martial arts moves. I'm glad you're so enamored, but that doesn't mean everyone else stinks. I don't care for Joanna's (or Derek's) personality, but I can appreciate their paso doble. Mya bothers me as a ringer and with her entitled attitude (and I'll be very annoyed if she wins,) but she has certainly had some good dances (not that I agree that her last was due a 30.) Kelly is fun and sort of endearing and you want to cheer for her even though she seems to have peaked as a dancer but cna't we agree that there is beauty in her ballroom dances? And then there's Donnie. I disagree that he's a terrible dancer. I think he's got pretty good moves - even if you don't factor in his age. He's also good at "selling" his performance which, if you've watched the show season after season, is something that the judges will tell contestants is crucial in a dance performance. Someone can be fantastic technically, but they still need to be able to "sell" it. So welcome to your opinions, no one has to count them as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3750324;
    Wow. You are a serious fan (Or maybe a relative?)
    You must have heard me mumbling the same thing to myself over here in my dark corner.

On a separate note, I just caught a bit of Mark on satellite today in the 2006 Canadian film "Solar Attack." As a result, I'm coming around to the view that Mark should take up dance as a permanent occupation because in this film he was really bad.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750317;

I don't understand the logic behind these arguments.
    Are you saying that Mark was so awesome that they got people not to vote for him so they could keep the worst dancers around? And they are now afraid to let him do the Jitterbug when they bring the also-rans back for the finale because they fear his greatness will reveal their evil plot?
    And Donnie is such an unknown compared with mega-stars like Ashley Hamilton and Mark who's last name I still can't pronounce or spell, that HE had to pay to get on the show?
    Nah.
    This show is ultimately about ratings - putting on the worst people is not good for ratings.

+ Reply to Thread