+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

Well no, there's not big backlash, the show goes on, and it doesn't care, treating decent hardworking guys like roadkill, but I refuse to watch it anymore. I should have learned my lesson with the Gilles fiasco, but this is just the lowest imaginable. That's the only way I can say with certainty that this isn't right.

Good guys who take pride in their professional accomplishments do not deserve ridicule from a pipsqueek like Tonioli. Too bad Mark wasn't such a gentleman, I would have loved to have seen him open up a can of whoopas on his behind.

At least Maks had the balls to say it:
    Dancing's Maks: Judges Need to Stop Their Antics - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

I enjoyed Mark and Anna's routine. I feel for Mark so much. He got crucified and did not deserve it. He took it like a champ though. Mark is an amazing person, the truest gentleman. He will ever pass by without a hello, never miss a hand, never miss a smile. But he's also a great dancer with a lot of potential. The routine wasn't perfect, but he had hip action, bounce action, a lot of material and a crazy, gravity-defying flip. To give him a 6? Are you crazy? Once again, I thought the comments were so rude. Kung Fu Panda doing samba on the Planet of the Apes? Really Bruno? We all like to have fun, but the judges were having too much "fun" there. People put their lives on hold to do the show and you don't treat them like that

FORT Fogey

Mark and Lacey were on The View today and Mark was very gracious about being voted off.

Also he said it was his wife's idea for him to go on the show.

Geez, let's have Mark invite Gilles to be a guest judge when Natalie is on, and during the last few minutes of the show all three can choose a lucky audience member to dance with.... No pushing and shoving, please, ladies......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3744092;
    Well no, there's not big backlash, the show goes on, and it doesn't care, treating decent hardworking guys like roadkill, but I refuse to watch it anymore. I should have learned my lesson with the Gilles fiasco, but this is just the lowest imaginable. That's the only way I can say with certainty that this isn't right.

Good guys who take pride in their professional accomplishments do not deserve ridicule from a pipsqueek like Tonioli. Too bad Mark wasn't such a gentleman, I would have loved to have seen him open up a can of whoopas on his behind.

At least Maks had the balls to say it:
    Dancing's Maks: Judges Need to Stop Their Antics - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com
    I never appreciate that kind of spiteful humor that is attempted or received at the expense of another. Mark did the best he could under bad conditions.

I suspect that despite last night, he enjoyed his overall experience on DWTS. I enjoyed watching him dance, and I also enjoyed "making his acquaintance", for I had never heard of him before this season. A lot - a very lot - of good has come out of his tenure on the show. It will be interesting to see what rewards he reaps from it.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Mark is on Iron Chef America. I enjoy watching it. Mark is the chairman on the show. It's a great hour of entertainment and I often find myself rooting for challenger, not the well known Iron Chef.
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fanatic

So why does the show kick a guy in the nuts who in Maks words, is "a great dancer with amazing potential"

Why, because he was kicked from the get go. He was a the last guy called on a Friday before the cast announcement on the Monday. He was told he was going to be on initally season 10. So he hops on a plane from Hawaii on the Saturday, and willingly joins the cast. Normally cast members take a few dance lessons before starting the "official" training, as we know Donny hid the fact he was working with a Ballroom coach for a year...and even guys like Jason Taylor and Apolo picked up a few lessons before starting. And yet Mark took the challenge with grace and good humor.

Why, because he's Marie Osmond's choice for who should have been kicked off week 4 when he had the best score of the two-steps.

Why, because he worked for each and every point, and was never given a break, or a mulligan for a trip or a mess up. An encore is handed out each week except week 6, when he did a great Jitterbug, but they ditched the encore because it was his. The excuse was "too much happening with a double elimination" and yet the encore returned the very next week with another double elimination.

Why, because charity efforts are celebrated by the show for Donny, Mya and Joanna, but curiously overlooked for Mark, even when he hosts a fundraiser for the victims of Manilla in the middle of DWTS.

Why, with two strong dances in a row he was gaining momentum.

Why, because he and Lacey won the fan vote for the Seacrest Interview when Donny's fans thought they had it in the bag.

Why, because the show screwed up royally with absolutely abysmal contingency plans for when a pro gets ill. They're so darn cheap they can't have an assistant pro to help like they do on So You Think You Can Dance, to learn the choreography, realize the choreographer's vision, practise with the celebrity and step in if necessary. It made perfect sense for Pasha to have Melanie La Patin dance with him on SYTYCD when his contestant partner fell ill. Somehow it "spoils" the illusion for this show? Give me a break

Why, because the show allowed Mark to twist in the wind and not until they got back to LA on Saturday that Anna started working with him.

Why, after 48 hours, and two virtually brand new learned dances, he goes out there, does fine and gets kicked in the groin again with low scores, and lets just shove him down further with a cruel comment.

Why, after an all night voting rally, those undeserved 6's defeated the fan vote.

The guy deserved so much better. It's just not worth it anymore to watch a show that props up favorites and crucifys those with potential. When will the show actually care about dancing? Probably never.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.

I liked Mark & I thought he was 1 of the most improved...but I knew when he was in the dance-off with Aaron that was the end of the road for him... because it was obvious the judges were all going to vote for their favorite Aaron whether he danced better then Mark or not

FORT Fanatic

Yes, I predicted it before it happened. Funny how that works. I said that if Mark is in the KO he's toast. Because if it's with anybody but Michael, he doesn't have a chance, they have all been annointed over Mark.

sdl

I just read Maks' Celebrity Blog and he now has a fan for life. Everything he said was so true, and he has amazing guts to say it on the record.
    As for Mark, he totally won me over as the season progressed, and a person of his integrity will be greatly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3744152;
    Mark is on Iron Chef America. I enjoy watching it. Mark is the chairman on the show. It's a great hour of entertainment and I often find myself rooting for challenger, not the well known Iron Chef.
    Every time he was on the screen I kept seeing Chairman Kaga. Couldn't get past it! Now that he's been kicked to the curb, the voice in my head screaming "Allez Cuisine!!" will finally stop. Arigato, America!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread