+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Mark Dacascos - Season 9

It's my guess that yes, Gilles and Mark are at least aquaintences prior to the show. Gilles and Mark are the kind of guys that aren't well known in the general public but it never ceases to amaze me "who" they know and the connections they have. For example Gilles kid Georges plays soccer with the Beckham boys, and Gilles has worked with Johnny Depp... Mark has worked with well known actors as well, like Monica Bellucci and Jet Li...Mark worked in an early film with director Wayne Wang, who directed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon... the six degrees of separation will probably lead us to Gilles and Mark knowing each other, Gilles is very involved in mixed martial arts, epecially because Chieck Kongo, one of the UFC heavyweights is best friends with Gilles. The fact that Mark is probably one of the few hollywood actors who speaks fluent French wouldn't hurt their relationship.Growing up in Germany and living in Asia and the US, Mark would have a really international pov, one that a Frenchman would relate to. And they just would have not only a martial arts connection, there's action films that Gilles says are his favorites, as well as I think a sort of spirtual nod to each other. To read that Gilles finds a lot of solice in faith, and to hear that Mark studied to be a Shaolin monk, could be another connection.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-10-2009 at 09:49 AM.

FORT Fanatic

FORT Fanatic

I loved their performance this week! Excellent choreography, Mark and Lacey looked fabulous, great chemistry, and they had great support from his Kids and Gilles Marini

Lacey really put in some authentic Two Step in that dance. I was afraid that they didn't have enough time, given Lacey mentioned that they had only 3 rehearsals, but they rocked it!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3726325;
    I loved their performance this week! Excellent choreography, Mark and Lacey looked fabulous, great chemistry, and they had great support from his Kids and Gilles Marini

Lacey really put in some authentic Two Step in that dance. I was afraid that they didn't have enough time, given Lacey mentioned that they had only 3 rehearsals, but they rocked it!
    Lacey is cute, and a great dancer.
    Ok, please don't shoot me but Mark looks like they way overdid the plastic surgery and maybe botox such that he is now incapable of showing any expression. It kind of freaks me out.
    He did dance pretty well tonight.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726333;
    Lacey is cute, and a great dancer.
    Ok, please don't shoot me but Mark looks like they way overdid the plastic surgery and maybe botox such that he is now incapable of showing any expression. It kind of freaks me out.
    He did dance pretty well tonight.
    You've mentioned you don't like the way he looks before. I get it. You don't like him. But he's not a plastic surgery guy, he's a guy with hardly any body fat, so he's lean everywhere. And I loved his expressions to the camera. I happen to think he's pretty gorgeous.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3726394;
    You've mentioned you don't like the way he looks before. I get it. You don't like him. But he's not a plastic surgery guy, he's a guy with hardly any body fat, so he's lean everywhere. And I loved his expressions to the camera. I happen to think he's pretty gorgeous.
    Not true and not fair. I do kind of like the guy but I'm trying to figure him out.
    He exceeded my expectations on the two step. I like that he's friends with Gilles. He is a competitor.
    But I can't figure out his tight, expressionless face - which is why I asked about the plastic surgery. I'm not the only one who has noticed and raised the same question.
    I would respectfully suggest that you have no personal knowledge of whether he has had plastic surgery or not, but are denying it because you like him.
    That really doesn't answer the question.

FORT Fanatic

All I can say to that is this: Have a look at his older body of work, and then ask yourself if he had whatever surgery you think he has had, why wouldn't he have removed some of the scars on his face and at least botoxed the forehead wrinkles he's got as a 45 year old man. He has aged and it does show on him, but it's not acute aging as with some people.

Mixed race and Asians in general, in my opinion age more gracefully than caucasians. He lives a very healthy lifestyle, obviously marital arts is part of his daily regime, he drinks only occassionally and is a health nut about his body because he has to be that way for any stunt work he does in film. He's quite thin right now, he's says he's normally 153-156 lbs, slight for a man of 5' 9'' but he's dropped to about 148. Like many that drop will show on the face.

I am frankly amazed he does what he does at 45, and doesn't even mention his age, unlike some competitors who use age as a crutch.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3726541;
    All I can say to that is this: Have a look at his older body of work, and then ask yourself if he had whatever surgery you think he has had, why wouldn't he have removed some of the scars on his face and at least botoxed the forehead wrinkles he's got as a 45 year old man. He has aged and it does show on him, but it's not acute aging as with some people.

Mixed race and Asians in general, in my opinion age more gracefully than caucasians. He lives a very healthy lifestyle, obviously marital arts is part of his daily regime, he drinks only occassionally and is a health nut about his body because he has to be that way for any stunt work he does in film. He's quite thin right now, he's says he's normally 153-156 lbs, slight for a man of 5' 9'' but he's dropped to about 148. Like many that drop will show on the face.

I am frankly amazed he does what he does at 45, and doesn't even mention his age, unlike some competitors who use age as a crutch.
    Fair enough. The points you raise are valid.
    Don't get me wrong - I thought this guy was going to win the whole deal the first week. He just seems to have tensed up so much.
    But last night was his best since the first week.
    I would have no problem with Mark in the final, especially if he could knock off Aaron and Mya.

FORT Fanatic

Here's my biased opinion.

Week one was great he blanked on the last bit of choreo but pulled it through.

Week two was a wardrobe malfunction that could have been a disaster but they pulled it through. I really was impressed by the choreography

Week three was ill-conceived. They were trying to go for something that just doesn't sit well for a Rumba..you don't flirt with your wife before you get into a sexy dance with someone else...the music too much uptempo, costumes wrong...he was wearing far too much clothing and baggy pants again.

Week four- I think both he and Lacey needed that trip to NYC to change direction and just have fun. Don't try to be perfect, that's a huge hurdle for him, because he's a perfectionist in his filmwork and does take after take to get fight choreo right. Nice touch to bring in the kids, and get him more relaxed about his next dance. Lacey to re-align her expectations as well and just enjoy it, and not get freaked out if Mark as an older married man compliments her as a beautiful girl. Loved their little kubbitzing just before the dance, little tickles and kisses...great to shake the nerves and just go for it. Two Step is a stinky dance for this show, but they did well.

I think this was a big hurdle and if they can sustain it being fun and not a job, then I see good things coming. I think Mark had a break through of sorts to let go of how he traditionally prepares for physical choreography and enjoy the process for what it is. I'd love for him to be a contender in this, and it's more than possible now.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-13-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Personally, I think all the stars looked jacked up on this show. Kelly is about the only one who doesn't, but then again, she plays with her hair and make-up all the time, often going for the dramatic look. We are used to it on her. For the most part, between the spray tans, the "I just raped the Avon Lady" make-up applications and the lighting, I don't think any of the celebs look particularly healthy...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread