Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macy Gray - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Macy Gray - Season 9

Macy Gray

PROFESSION:
    R&B singer-songwriter

BACKGROUND:
    The raspy-voiced soul singer is out to prove she has as much rhythm in her feet as she does in her vocal chords when she takes to a very different stage than she's used to on DWTS Season 9.

On How Life Is is the name of Macy Gray's debut album, and what a life she's had since being discovered while working as a cashier in Beverly Hills in the 1990s. After four albums, she's sold over 20 million records and has been nominated for five Grammy Awards and six MTV Video Music Awards. Her next album is due out later this year.

On DTWS, Gray will have to learn how to work well with her dancing partner, but she's no stranger to collaboration, having written songs with some of the music industry's biggest names, such as Justin Timberlake, Carlos Santana, Fergie, and Natalie Cole.

She's also had a successful acting career, appearing in the films Training Day, Domino, Spider-Man and Idlewild.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

FORT Fanatic

Re: Macy Gray - Season 9

This is actually quite a nice picture of her - though, no doubt, photoshopped to death.

I absolutely cannot figure out which male pro she'll end up with. The only one, height-wise, who would match up with her would be Nick Kosovitch (if he's even coming back this season). Everyone else is either her height or shorter.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl;3670828;
    This is actually quite a nice picture of her - though, no doubt, photoshopped to death.

I absolutely cannot figure out which male pro she'll end up with. The only one, height-wise, who would match up with her would be Nick Kosovitch (if he's even coming back this season). Everyone else is either her height or shorter.
    He was in a recent photo-shoot and promo with DWTS alumni, so maybe he is returning That'd make me thrilled for a number of reasons, including that Nick is a pro I've longed to see the return of. However, I'm not too sure about Macy's dancing ability. But you're right, the only pros that could have been paired with her were Maks and Dmitry and they are taken. They might give her someone equal to her height, like Jonathan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3670913;
    He was in a recent photo-shoot and promo with DWTS alumni, so maybe he is returning That'd make me thrilled for a number of reasons, including that Nick is a pro I've longed to see the return of. However, I'm not too sure about Macy's dancing ability. But you're right, the only pros that could have been paired with her were Maks and Dmitry and they are taken. They might give her someone equal to her height, like Jonathan.
    Karalott - I am SOOOOO hoping Nick will come back. I've missed him! Just went to YT to see some videos of him - he's so "dashing" and "debonaire" looking! The only reason I would not want to see Jonathan back is if they were bringing Nick back. I think Jonathan needs a break from the crazy/rhythm-impaired chicks for a while. :-)

WOW....photoshopped much? Somebody needs to fire the photographer. Most of them look so horrible in these photos! I can't get over how much work was done on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3671994;
    WOW....photoshopped much? Somebody needs to fire the photographer. Most of them look so horrible in these photos! I can't get over how much work was done on this one.

I had never heard of Macy Gray until now, but I got my US magazine in the mail today and they had small photos of 6 of the S9 stars and a full length photo of Debi Mazar (Maks partner).

Macy looked rough in her photo and this is what it says beside her photo:

How will the singer, 41, get ready while on tour in Europe? "My dance partner is coming so we can rehearse!"

We don't know who her partner is yet, but he is touring Europe with her whoever he is.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3672549;
    I had never heard of Macy Gray until now, but I got my US magazine in the mail today and they had small photos of 6 of the S9 stars and a full length photo of Debi Mazar (Maks partner).

Macy looked rough in her photo and this is what it says beside her photo:

How will the singer, 41, get ready while on tour in Europe? "My dance partner is coming so we can rehearse!"

We don't know who her partner is yet, but he is touring Europe with her whoever he is.
    I'm wondering about her, and Louie Vito, who's currently in NZ training for the upcoming Olympics. Why would you even want to do the show when you seem to have so much on your plate? I don't think it seems really fair to their partners. I remember Macy for her song "I'll Try" and her outrageous outfits, but I never cared much for her. Something rubbed me the wrong way about her. I really hope Jonathan doesn't get her, as he's due a contender.

Karalott - I am SOOOOO hoping Nick will come back. I've missed him! Just went to YT to see some videos of him - he's so "dashing" and "debonaire" looking! The only reason I would not want to see Jonathan back is if they were bringing Nick back. I think Jonathan needs a break from the crazy/rhythm-impaired chicks for a while. :-)
    I would love Nick to come back because it would also give me hope some of my other favorites from way back when could possibly return (I'll always hold out hope Charlotte Jorgensen will return). Nick is what I loved about this show, he's one of the more traditional, by the book ballroom pros. He wants to showcase his world in the right way and not give in to the TV aspect. I had heard once he had a falling out with producers over trying to give them ideas (basically the way I read it he was trying to tell them how to do their job), but I never knew if it was true. That's why people believed he never was asked back after season 3. Even though it's been 6 seasons, he's also due a good partner.

The only problem I'll have with her being on the show is that I'll have to hear her speak. Her voice just grates after a short time (at least her speaking voice).

I really, really hope they do something with Macy's hair. The Afro style she is wearing in their photo is soooooo out and does not do a thing for her. I think Jonathan has another bummer this season.JMO Poor Jonathan!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry after Macy's performances. I'll cry for Jonathan, because I don't know who he ever ticked off in the casting department to always get the duds. I only think, if Mayo had won the pro contest, he'd be the poor soul stuck with Macy. I think I might have actually felt sorry for the guy. Macy seemed to purposely suck in her cha cha. Not that I don't think she was any good, but I don't think she even tried and just walked around the floor. I fully believe the statements that she wants out. She got her 15 seconds of fame and now she can be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast