+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Louie Vito - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Louie Vito - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3733437;
    I think Louie can lift Chelsie just fine, have you looked at the muscle in his biceps, certainly not wimpy.... Unlike Aaron, that is constantly missing the lifts or "gently" dropping Karina!
    I think that Louie's final "lift" on the Two step was one of the ugliest things I've ever seen on the show.. and the Hustle was a disaster. Muscles are one thing, learning technique is quite another.

FORT Fanatic

I'm talking about dance technique and lifts. Louie isn't good at it. Not even close. And I don't think I'm alone on this assessment, in fact I know I'm not
    My Five Cents About Week Five of "Dancing" | Primetime Rewind - syracuse.com
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 10-22-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3733437;
    I think Louie can lift Chelsie just fine, have you looked at the muscle in his biceps, certainly not wimpy.... Unlike Aaron, that is constantly missing the lifts or "gently" dropping Karina!
    I agree. Seriously, whoever takes the group dances seriously enough when they aren't even scored? Poor Louie looked lost in rehearsal as it was. And the two step whatever was a farce in itself. I don't think any of them did a proper two step, nor do I think the judges would know one if it went past them, just like CA has admitted she has judged more on entertainment if she doesn't know the basic steps and technique of a dance.

But if it came down to lifting Chelsie, I don't think he'd have any problems. And even if he did, who says they need them? I think they could do fine without them.

I'm talking about dance technique and lifts. Louie isn't good at it. Not even close. And I don't think I'm alone on this assessment, in fact I know I'm not
    You may not be alone, but Louie also has his supporters. If I wanted to watch ballroom perfection, I'd watch the PBS Ballroom Competition. Louie's entertaining, and I think that's what people like about him. Plus, he's not a pro and he can't much farther away from his world of snowboarding than ballroom dancing. Without him, Kelly, and Donny, I either dislike the remaining couples (Joanna, Aaron) or find them boring (Mark, Melissa, Mya, and Michael). Everyone's got their favorites, but I don't see why some get all defensive when some don't like their favorite but have no problem putting down another. If people don't like Louie, that's fine by me. As long as he's there, he'll keep entertaining me on an otherwise dull season. If/when he, Kelly, and Donny are eliminated, I hope the ringer wins it out of spite. I'm sure they'll turn it into a big shock even though it won't be. If people want the best dancer to win, everyone should be backing Mya.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-22-2009 at 12:40 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3733539;
    The way I read the article, it says it was one of Louie's best dances and that he is pound for pound the strongest in the competition, strength wise. I think the writer meant the others were the ones with the near drops in the Group Dance, not Louie.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

That's what I took away from that article as well catzy. And yes, I did notice Louie's guns in the sleeveless shirt..uhuh...yes I did.

FORT Fanatic

That's not how I read it, especially when he did so poorly in the hustle, that slide was terrible.

FORT Fanatic

Louie is the only one that is entertaining me this season. He's the only one that I look forward to watching. I'm glad he's sticking around. There are so many I'd rather see go before him although Natalie wasn't one of them

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I enjoyed Louie and Chelsie last night, I thought it was his best dance so far.

Unfortunately I fully expect him to leave tonight. I could only place 3 votes for him last night as when I logged into the ABC site to vote for them, my count went from 9 to six after only voting once. On the second vote placed, the count went from 6 down to 2. I called my daughter (who lives in another part of the state) and asked if she had any problems voting for Louie. Her response was she could log onto the ABC site, but when she went to vote for him, she would get a sorry we tried to wait for you but your session has timed out message. She said this happened every single time, so she would log out and log back on with no success. She finally gave up without casting a vote.

I couldn't vote because ABC dropped the ball on the administration of accounts, and it will take at least a week or more to resolve the problem (my guesstimate, going by past experience). It is beyond understanding how a website for a major network can be so screwed up. Hire me, ABC.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I was able to call all 9 votes in for Louie. I used my cell phone as well as both of my daughters' phones.

+ Reply to Thread