+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Louie Vito - Season 9

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Re: Louie Vito - Season 9

Well, bottom line folks that vote, keep their favorites in.

Can Louie dance? Eh, not so much, but I prefer watching him try versus seeing a ringer perform. One of the reasons I watch this show, is to see those with absolutely NO dance experience blossom each week. I watch to be entertained, it's for those folks that I vote.

It all comes down to who I prefer to watch each week and that may not be the best dancer. I like watching Louie, he entertains me, so he gets my votes.

I was sorry to see Natalie go, I liked her. I honestly thought more of her fans would be voting...apparently not.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;3733216;
    Well, bottom line folks that vote, keep their favorites in.

Can Louie dance? Eh, not so much, but I prefer watching him try versus seeing a ringer perform. One of the reasons I watch this show, is to see those with absolutely NO dance experience blossom each week. I watch to be entertained, it's for those folks that I vote.

It all comes down to who I prefer to watch each week and that may not be the best dancer. I like watching Louie, he entertains me, so he gets my votes.

I was sorry to see Natalie go, I liked her. I honestly thought more of her fans would be voting...apparently not.
    Hey, the best dancer has rarely ever won this show and frankly, sometimes the best dancers are the most boring to watch. Besides, where's the excitement and fun in watching someone like Mya eventually walk off with the trophy? She's just a less known, less hyped Kristi Yamaguchi that can dance better.

Who the best dancer is is in the eye of the beholder anyway. If anyone should have gotten the boot, it should have been Michael, but I'd glady watch him until the end if it meant Aaron, Melissa, and Joanna all left next. They do nothing for me. What you said about Louie is what this show was all about when it started-taking people out of their comfort zones and teaching them something new that they had never experienced before. And seeing those keep getting better and better. No, Louie won't ever be the best. But I think he's shown some improvement. He wants to be here, he is trying, he doesn't want to disappoint, and he certainly doesn't want to disappoint Chelsie. Above all else, I'm enjoying watching him. If people didn't entertain on this show, it's ratings would tank. That's why people like the Woz, Steve-O, Cloris, Ty Murray, and Billy Ray get cast. With Natalie gone, Louie and Kelly are now getting my votes. Here's hoping they beat the pants off the ringer.

FORT Fogey

Given Louie's adoration of women, let's vote him for Bachelor 15.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Now that's a bachelor I would watch!

I only started watching DWTS a couple of years ago karalott and I keep watching for just what you have stated...taking someone out of their comfort zone and learning to dance. That in a nutshell, keeps me coming back.

From MS/NBC at 5:40 PM EDT, Wednesday

6.5%
    Yes, Natalie was the right choice
    1,003 votes

26%
    No, it should have been Aaron
    4,024 votes

49.1%
    No, it should have been Louie
    7,612 votes

6.1%
    No, it should have been Melissa
    947 votes

4.5%
    No, it should have been Joanna
    696 votes

7.9%
    It should have been someone else
    1,219 votes

Well I guess those people should have voted.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Why I say dancing is in the eye of the beholder-I think Michael is a far worse dancer and less entertaining than Louie/Chelsie. As CA said, if people get upset about the outcome, vote. I did. Natalie still left, but I'll be voting in hopes Kelly and Louie stay around. After that, Donny is my only hope that this season doesn't completely crap.

Go Louie! I'll just stick with Vote #1 that shows more people are voting for you than any other couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3733280;
    From MS/NBC at 5:40 PM EDT, Wednesday

6.5%
    Yes, Natalie was the right choice
    1,003 votes

26%
    No, it should have been Aaron
    4,024 votes

49.1%
    No, it should have been Louie
    7,612 votes

6.1%
    No, it should have been Melissa
    947 votes

4.5%
    No, it should have been Joanna
    696 votes

7.9%
    It should have been someone else
    1,219 votes
    I say, should've been Louie.

FORT Fanatic

I think the Jitterbug may be his swan song. Besides the horrible non-dancing that Chelsie might be able to hide on this dance, the guy can't lift Chelsie properly, it was embarrassing on the Two Step and even worse on the Hustle... so I figure the judges putting him up against Mya and Mark will be glaring enough for them to score him accordingly. Even the most rabid of fans won't be able to over come the differential. Here's hoping.

I think Louie can lift Chelsie just fine, have you looked at the muscle in his biceps, certainly not wimpy.... Unlike Aaron, that is constantly missing the lifts or "gently" dropping Karina!

+ Reply to Thread