+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3710425;
    I've loved Louis ever since he danced with Lisa Rinna and it was cemented with he danced with Monique Coleman (I think that was her name lol...HSM girl) because of how kind and patient he was with both these women. Then he just started nailing all these choreography routines and the cross over into SYTYCD. He is one of my favorite pros.

I'm so happy for him.

But even more than that I'm thrilled that I was wrong about Kelly. That in spite of how clumpy she always seemed to walk that she has a grace in her that I never saw coming. I love happy little surprises like this. Right now I'm hoping she wins for that transformation alone (well that and I would just love to see Louis get a win!)
    I love the way you phrased that! And I agree, it is like getting a gift.

Last season began my slow shift into paying more detailed attention to the pros. It's taking time to get to know the pros, since I have skipped seasons and episodes, and sometimes only watch parts of an episode. Louis

I think Kelly could win this, if she keeps working hard.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3709352;
    Thank GOD (sorry, couldn't resist...Kathy...lol) for her and Natalie. They may be the ones to break the Hough/Ballas curse. Plus I think she has the ability to dethrone Maya and her ringerness (and I like Maya but I'd LOVE to see a true amateur win).
    I'd be okay with Mya winning. At this point, anyone other than Joanna and Melissa is okay by me. I don't think they have a shot, unless they get praised every week and get propped up by the judges when they don't deserve it. Something will be stinky if either of them win, again.

I still can't get over Kelly. Here I felt sorry that Louis would probably be stuck for a few weeks with someone with two left feet and who gave him attitude, and I'm thrilled they got paired together. Louis seemed really excited pre-show, so I was hoping she would surprise. Did she ever!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3710506;
    I still can't get over Kelly. Here I felt sorry that Louis would probably be stuck for a few weeks with someone with two left feet and who gave him attitude, and I'm thrilled they got paired together. Louis seemed really excited pre-show, so I was hoping she would surprise. Did she ever!
    My feelings exactly. When they announced her for the show, my first thought was UGH!

Color me SURPISED!! She is my favorite of the women to this point.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3710506;
    I'd be okay with Mya winning. At this point, anyone other than Joanna and Melissa is okay by me.
    Don't get me wrong, I just want to squeeze Mya whenever she's on. Her smile, her voice, everything about her is so dang adorable. However. I don't want somebody with that much training and experience to win. AGAIN. If I was a celeb and the ringers kept walking away with it? I wouldn't bother coming on this show anymore.

Which is why I'm pulling for Natalie or Kelly. I want somebody with little to no training, somebody that everybody assumed would be a bumbling oath to charm the pants off us and wow us with their improvement and then take the trophy. To me it would do a heck of a lot to restore credibility to this show.

Also, I just rewatched both nights (btw my dvr ATE the results show...so no touching Swayze tribute for me and that makes me want to cry)....and what I took away from watching was the difference in what Louis did.

He taught Kelly the basics. She was the ONLY one in the cha cha cha to actually do cha cha steps. She was the ONLY one to swing those hips properly. She was the ONLY one who did the basic footwork and holds right. If she manages to stick around? She will be amazing before too long because Louis is making sure to teach her the fundamentals and building from there. I applaud him for that. It's a very smart thing on his part, not to mention that it's instilling a love for it in her and that showed when she was dancing. She was LOVING what she was doing and she charmed me because of it and I have to say I was prepared to not like her.

FORT Fanatic

I was over Kelly 30 seconds after the cryfest. That Cha Cha...pedantic. And that encore...ewww, not good. She's got a long way to go. I actually thought no one should have an encore because no one is there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3710810;
    I was over Kelly 30 seconds after the cryfest. That Cha Cha...pedantic. And that encore...ewww, not good. She's got a long way to go. I actually thought no one should have an encore because no one is there yet.
    With all due respect, I think that you may be considering this show to be a professional dance competition, which it is not.

Kelly entertains me and enrichs me in a very good way, plus, oh heck, "you'd have to be there", as that old saying goes.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fanatic

Well I am certainly not surprised at this new revelation, first Osmond takes Ballroom Dance classes and now this from the ABC board:

According to UK press, Kelly apparently does enjoy going to a gym and taking hip-hop/ballet/tap/jazz classes. And Kelly has lost a stone, about 14 pounds, for her preparation for DWTS. Furthermore, we should have expected Kelly to have at least a decent sense of rhythm and timing since she is a musician.

I'm sure the producers knew, but apparently I missed it.

In light of this, just what was the crying all about?

FORT Fogey

Um...because none of that is Ballroom Dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3711108;
    Well I am certainly not surprised at this new revelation, first Osmond takes Ballroom Dance classes and now this from the ABC board:

According to UK press, Kelly apparently does enjoy going to a gym and taking hip-hop/ballet/tap/jazz classes. And Kelly has lost a stone, about 14 pounds, for her preparation for DWTS. Furthermore, we should have expected Kelly to have at least a decent sense of rhythm and timing since she is a musician.

I'm sure the producers knew, but apparently I missed it.
    I'm sorry but since when does taking some exercise classes and being a musician have anything to do with being able to dance? Since I have taken some step classes and used to go to jazzercise religiously then this reasoning indicates that I should be able to ballroom dance with the best of them?

Awesome. I've always wanted to do the tango.

This rumor posted on the ABC board is about the silliest thing I've ever read. Seriously, somebody is a musician and that automatically means they can dance?

FORT Fanatic

Ah it didn't say Jazzercise, it says Hip Hop and Ballet --yeah, LOTS different.
    This isn't the first crass manipulation by the show and it won't be the last. Louis Van Amstel just taught a little rise and fall, not be her knight in shining armour. It was laid on just a little took thick to be real.

+ Reply to Thread