+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

I am defo on the Kelly train. I was thrilled with her performance last night, and I will be rooting for her to go far.

What I appreciated most last night was the rare but definite reminder that for all their years of posturing and performing for the cameras, that underneath it all the Osbournes are actual real people.

Sharon I was fully expecting to gush, but that stunned and proud look on Ozzy's face was the most genuine emotion I think we've seen out of the man in a decade.

And Kelly deserved the praise. She wasn't "great" simply because it makes a nice reality story arc, she was actually genuinely great. She's always come off as the most vulnerable person in that sometimes crass family, but its nice to see that she's matured. As she gets older you can see a lot more of her mother in her, and that's a good thing I think.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Kelly looked adorable and danced extremely well. What a nice surprise! Then I realized that she's only 24 - so all of my previous images of her were during her awkward teenage years. Go Kelly!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3709449;
    Kelly scored a 7-8-8 =23 for her Viennese Waltz, plus she scored second on the ChaCha relay for 8 pts Final total =31 (tied for second for the ladies)
    And Len said it was the best VW of the night.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fanatic

I hope Kelly has enough fanbase to keep her in for a while. She really impressed me last night. I never expected her to be that good. I have a feeling she went on last for a reason. Dramatic effect like with Melissa last season. Her dancing was beautiful and the emotional response from her and her parents was really touching. A moment I'm sure she will never forget. Kudos to Kelly! She became my favorite of the women competitors last night. I'd be shocked if she doesn't get the encore dance tonight.

Premium Member

Congrats to Kelly, she and Louis have been picked do their dance again as the encore dance this week.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3709716;
    Congrats to Kelly, she and Louis have been picked do their dance again as the encore dance this week.
    How did you find that out? And YAY!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709725;
    How did you find that out? And YAY!
    Kelly mentioned it on her twitter today, I am glad she got the encore.

Talk about a surprise. I was completely prepared for Kelly to look awful, dance worse, and not take it at all seriously. I happily admit to being as wrong as could be. She obviously worked very hard to improve as much as she did from the first rehearsal and she was charming, graceful, and looked lovely. Kudos to Louis as a teacher and choreographer -- he's always been one of my favorite male pros. I look forward to seeing more of this pair.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3709733;
    Kelly mentioned it on her twitter today, I am glad she got the encore.
    Thanks! What is her Twitter name?

I didn't even know that they were going to do encore dances this season. And I remember all the controvery last season about them doing that, LOL.

But maybe it's different because the encore dance will be after the eliminations (Tom said the eliminations will happen first, unless I dreamt that, LOL).

+ Reply to Thread