+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

The picture up top isn't the most flattering of her but in others she looks surprisingly nice. I was surprised since I watched The Osbournes years ago. She has lost a bit of weight and dosn't seem as odd as she used to (which is really saying something!)

In a way, I am hoping that she blows everyone away this season.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

FORT Newbie

I just saw her on Ellen and I have to admit, I kinda liked her too. She's had a very strange childhood, so she, of course, will be a little strange. But I was pretty shocked that I actually liked her.

That picture is not flattering at all! I saw her on the cover of some grocery store tabloid coming out of rehearsals and she looked really pretty. I did a double take to make sure it was her. She's already lost weight and her hair looks great.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I kind of have to agree with whoever it was that said they liked Kelly better with her punk/goth look over the blonde. But Kelly does seem to be taking this very seriously and giving it her all, and Louis's tweets show he's thrilled with the progress. Of course I'm sure he's happy to be back after 2 seasons as well, but hopefully Kelly surprises everyone.

Louis mentioned when he went to meet Kelly for the first time, he went to their house and Ozzy answered the door. He had no idea Kelly signed up for the show, so he yelled to Sharon and finally Kelly came out. I hope they show that footage

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Probably my biggest and most pleasant surprise of the season. First, a BIG to Louis being back! And he looks so happy to be here. Second, what a great partnership these two have. They seem to click very well together and work well together. Kelly seemed so proud of herself. I am glad at the amount of celebs that seem to be taking it seriously this year, bad dancers or not. I didn't think Kelly would rival Macy in being a trainwreck, but I never expected her to be that good. I don't know who was more surprised-the viewers, the judges, Tom/Samantha, Ozzy and Sharon, or her!

And I absolutely loved the first meeting clip of Ozzy answering the door on Louis and screaming to Sharon

I was amazed at both of her dances, her persona, her interactions with the judges and the props she gave to each of the other 3 women. She is now one of my faves. And I loved the footage of her parents' reactions and how she ran across the dance floor to hug them.

Also, I had recently seen her on Punk'd and was really impressed with her. It changed my perception of her (which hadn't been good, based on snippets of the family reality show and things in the media). They had Sharon take her to a meeting with 3 male "image consultants". The consultants kept suggesting things she should do and change about herself. Kelly was resisting and saying things like "that's not me", "I like me the way I am", and "no" (LOL), etc. The suggestions got more and more outrageous. She wasn't at all rude in the way she stood her ground. Sharon (who was in on it) kept encouraging her to listen to the consultants and not be stubborn. It was so funny! I'll probably have to watch that one again; it was that good.

Btw, who was sitting to Sharon's right (the male with the platinum hair)? Was that her brother (if so, he has really slimmed down!), boyfriend, or who?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Wow, I am impressed. I am a fan! Sharon looks like she has gained a lot of weight but on America's Got Talent, which just finished, she appeared much slimmer. I can't figure this one out. Doesn't matter, I adore the woman.

I suspect that Kelly was tipped off by her mother that she was on Punked. I believe there is an all out push to change her image motivated by both Kelly and her mother. If she is to remain in the media she had to grow out of her previous persona. And good for her. Sharon is way too much of a promoter and business woman not to work hard with her daughter to make this shift.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3709305;
    Wow, I am impressed. I am a fan! Sharon looks like she has gained a lot of weight but on America's Got Talent, which just finished, she appeared much slimmer. I can't figure this one out. Doesn't matter, I adore the woman.

I suspect that Kelly was tipped off by her mother that she was on Punked. I believe there is an all out push to change her image motivated by both Kelly and her mother. If she is to remain in the media she had to grow out of her previous persona. And good for her. Sharon is way too much of a promoter and business woman not to work hard with her daughter to make this shift.
    Wow, I never thought of that.

Regarding Sharon's weight, I would think it is medical-related, but that is just speculation. She battled cancer (haven't heard any recent info, though), so maybe it is a side effect of drugs she must take? I was surprised a long while ago to find that I like Sharon (again, the family reality show, even though I saw very, very little of it). I don't even remember the show that changed my mind about her.. .some talk show thingy with her as the host.

ETA: The other thing about Kelly is that she is probably the youngest female on the show (so look out, everyone else but the athletes and those with dance experience!). She has fabulous legs already, too. I wonder what type of physical workout she has in her background, or did she get born with those legs.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 09-23-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Hey Velvet - Just had to go O/T and say "hi" to you! We both were among the few that didn't dump on Wes during The Bachelorette!

Back on topic...wow - Kelly blew me away last night. I was NOT expecting that at all. She actually brought tears to my eyes watching her waltz and how proud her parents were. She may go a lot further than I thought. Before the show I thought she'd get dumped off quickly as I assumed she'd dance rather ungracefully. I was wrong about her dancing. The online polls show people like her, but of course it matters what the people who actually call in to vote think.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3709329;
    Hey Velvet - Just had to go O/T and say "hi" to you! We both were among the few that didn't dump on Wes during The Bachelorette!

Back on topic...wow - Kelly blew me away last night. I was NOT expecting that at all. She actually brought tears to my eyes watching her waltz and how proud her parents were. She may go a lot further than I thought. Before the show I thought she'd get dumped off quickly as I assumed she'd dance rather ungracefully. I was wrong about her dancing. The online polls show people like her, but of course it matters what the people who actually call in to vote think.
    Good to see you again!

The other cool thing to see was how surprised she was to have gotten the awesome audience response, and the judges' scores. Also, maybe she didn't think she would enjoy ballroom dancing or going outside of her "mold". She said that she had the most fun in her life out on the dancefloor.

+ Reply to Thread