+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Re: Kelly Osbourne - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3853280;
    That's lovely, but I hope 118 is her target and she stops.
    You are absolutely right - she doesn't need to lose another ounce. It's not just that she looks "better" now, but she is actually a beautiful woman in her own right.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Not everyone needs to be - or indeed, should be - pencil thin.

There was a time when Kelly O was probably too heavy, but not right before the show. IMO, she looked better then than she does now.

The next step in Kelly's transformation is removing most of her tattoos.

Kelly Osbourne: Why I'm Removing Most of My 15 Tattoos - omg! news on Yahoo!

Kelly Osbourne isn't done reinventing herself!

The slimmed down star -- who recently told Us Weekly about how she's managed to keep off almost 50 pounds after a year -- plans to get most of her 15 tattoos removed.

Osbourne, 25, announced her decision to undergo laser tattoo removal in her weekly column for British magazine Closer (as reported in The Daily Mail.)

She had her revelation recently while shooting the flick Should've Been Romeo, when makeup artists covered up the ink. "I can't say I missed them!" she wrote.

"I met with my dermatologist and I'll start the laser treatment as soon as I have time," the Dancing with the Star alum said.

The erasure process won't be short and painless, either. "It will take several months, and while I'm not looking forward to the pain, I've heard it hurts less than getting the tattoo," Osbourne wrote. "I hope so!"

She doesn't hate all of her tattoos, Osbourne explained. "Some still have a special meaning, like the matching ones my brother Jack and I have of each other's names, but now I feel like some were a mistake."

Last year, Osbourne told British talk show This Morning that getting inked was "my way of self harming, because I really knew it would upset my mum and dad," she admitted of parents Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne.

"I was miserable and I just went and got all these tattoos and I don't know why. One of them is a keyboard and I don't even know how to play a piano!"

She added: "As you get older, you realize that you don't want to be defined by your tattoos, because that's not the type of person that I am."

I wish young people would think how those tattoos they are getting today might not fit with their future selves. Of course, most of them can't think beyond the right now, much less the tomorrows.

I think Kelly Osbourne is turning into a very nice young lady, in spite of the problems her father imposed on his family. I wish her all the best!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm sooo happy to hear this, and I hope it will serve as a directive for other younger people not to do this as it is permanent!!! There are the henna tats that could be worn when you feel like a tattoo but defacing your skin for the rest of your life is a pretty big commitment. I personally loathe them but know that many love them so I am not judgmental about them. I just think they make people look like they just skidded across the highway in a motorcycle accident (the colored ones) and I'm so tired of going to a wedding and seeing the bridesmaids and bride walking down the aisle with all these awful things all over their otherwise beautiful skin. I have to bring my barf bag but alas beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I do respect that. Thanks for posting unk.

What great news about Kelly. She is a beautiful girl and I thank DWTS for placing her with Louis. He is such a wonderful person and seems to know how to bring the best of our the dancers. Kelly was on Ellen, I believe, just recently and she is looking great! Good job Kelly, keep it up!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

I just saw Kelly on Chelsea Handler, and she said she still loves to eat, but now she's more careful about portion control and exercise, and that's made the difference. I've also heard her credit Louis for getting her on the right track with regard to exercise. It didn't sound like she had any plans to become this decade's Twiggy. It sounded more like she was now simply working on maintaining the weight she is.

As for the tattoos, I always say that you need to think not just about what they look like now, but what they're going to look like in fifty years. I've volunteered in a nursing home for enough years to have seen tattoos on the arms of old guys, who I'm sure were muscular in their day, but now the tattoos look very sad indeed. I also once heard someone say that you shouldn't put something on your skin that you wouldn't be happy to hang on your wall and look at for the rest of your life, because that's exactly what a tattoo is: permanent art. Made sense to me.

I like tattoos...body art...go figure.

Commented on someone's today. Thought it was henna or temporary (due to the color), but no, she said "this is real". It was a V-shaped pattern of stars on her chest.

Maybe someday people will not be ostracized or categorized for having tattoos...there is hope. JMO...

I can understand someone wanting a tattoo removed, though. And I loved watching Kelly transform on DWTS; she's made the most out of coming from such a dysfunctional family.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I saw her on Dr. Phil earlier this week. She is AWESOME! I watched all the MTV seasons of OZZY and Kelly was pretty wild back in those days. She has come a long way. Grown up, very immature young lady. Yeah Kelly!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4079418;
    I saw her on Dr. Phil earlier this week. She is AWESOME! I watched all the MTV seasons of OZZY and Kelly was pretty wild back in those days. She has come a long way. Grown up, very immature young lady. Yeah Kelly!!!
    Over the past few years I've come to see her in much the same light as Drew Barrymore. Someone who went through a long dark patch and then grew up and became admirable. Its pretty rare in the Entertainment industry, and there are some problems she's likely to have for life, but its nice to see.

It also reinforces the idea that putting kids in the limelight is a huuuuuge mistake. Drew and Kelly's paths were also similar in this, even if Drew's Wild Child phase (which arguable lasted way past her addiction problems and into the mid-90s) preceded the era of Reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4079373;
    I just saw Kelly on Chelsea Handler, and she said she still loves to eat, but now she's more careful about portion control and exercise, and that's made the difference.
    Here's that appearance (complete, and 100% legally posted by the show itself...) - YouTube - Chelsea Lately: Kelly Osbourne
    Last edited by Krom; 10-08-2010 at 12:17 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread