+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3711612;
    Somehow I don't think Kathy's fanbase will be that big a factor. While she's an incredibly successful bussinesswoman and philanthropist now, she hasn't been a cover model since the 90s. I kept watching her dance and thinking it was Rebecca Romijn.
    She is a beautiful and savvy lady, but she had next to zero hip action. As much as I love Tony and admire her personally, I don't think this bodes well for them in term as a lasting couple.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3711241;
    I love the quickstep, and hope that Tony has been prepping her appropriately. I have faith in Tony and am so jealous of Kathy getting to work and dance with him!

Kathy looked so worried during the eliminations.

Ditto! It's my dream to dance with Tony. I have total faith in him. He took Marissa and Susan farther than a lot of people expected.

I'm hoping now that first night jitters are out of the way, she'll improve. Tony is such a wonderful teacher. Kathy is a very classy woman.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

From Tony's tweets on his twitter, he seems pretty confident that there's improvement. But then again, he's too classy of a guy to say otherwise I'm been wanting to see Kathy on the show for awhile, and it broke my heart that she was that bad. From their interviews I didn't expect her to come out shining, but I was a little sad that she was that bad. As I put in the episode thread, 2 seconds into the dance you knew she was in trouble

However, I do think she's extremely classy, gracious, and humble, and a few people this season could take a lesson from that. Regardless of how well she ends up doing, I think she's just thrilled she's done it and with her progress. I think in terms of the women, she's got more competition, and I do think it'd be unfair for her to outlast Natalie, Kelly, and Debi who look to have great potential (she can take out Joanna and Melissa for all I care). I was surprised there was so little buzz about these 2 pre-show, especially because Tony did so well last season and has been a pro since season 2. I think I'd miss Tony if he ever took a season off, even though once upon a time I hoped he'd do just that.

Personally, I didn't even think she was that bad. I actually liked her dance. It wasn't anything worthy of one of the highest scores of the night, but I still enjoyed it. Shows how much I know.

I was happy that she made it through to Week2. Macy was entertaining, and she could have brought the entertainment for a couple more weeks. But she just gave the impression that she didn't want to be there. Kathy, on the other hand, looks like she really wants this.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Who is John Galt?

I like Kathy Ireland. She is a classy lady who hasn't chosen to freeze her face with botox or get an eyelift. She is comfortable with the aging process and with herself. For that, I applaud her. I love Tony - he is one of my favorite pros. However. . . like many very tall women (and men), they have difficulty with the body movement involved in dance. There are exceptions of course and we can all name many. But, she is just one more in a long line of models who are tall, lithe, lovely and awkward and have not done well on this show.

All my votes went to Kathy&Tony. I really want to see both of them continue.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

So long Kathy. You'r a class act. Wish you hadn't departed so early in the game.

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry to see her go too--and sorry for all her fans.

But IMO their leaving was Tony's fault. His choreography was stodgy and slow. IMO he did not show her off to her best advantage and the dances he choreographed for her were not very interesting.

He's an excellent dancer but as a choreographer he lacks energy and verve.

Kathy is a class act and will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3714727;
    I'm sorry to see her go too--and sorry for all her fans.

But IMO their leaving was Tony's fault. His choreography was stodgy and slow. IMO he did not show her off to her best advantage and the dances he choreographed for her were not very interesting.

He's an excellent dancer but as a choreographer he lacks energy and verve.

Kathy is a class act and will be missed.

I was very sad to see Kathy and Tony leave, but she was not going to last long anyway. I know Tony must have been frustrated, especially after having a good partner, for a change, last season. Kathy was so lovely and sweet, but too prim and proper for dancing. That quickstep, there was two feet between them instead of him holding her close like he was supposed to. I think Kathy felt uncomfortable being close and intimate with Tony. He said in an interview after they were eliminated that he would never do anything that made her uncomfortable. Sooooo, they went home, and rightly so. I say that with sadness because I just absolutely love and adore Tony and will miss him. Hopefully, they will have him dancing at the results shows for them. I can look forward to that.

Tony will never win the DWTS trophy because they stick him with the older stars or the ones who have two left feet. Melissa was just a fluke and if Nancy hadn't gotten hurt last season and he hadn't got Mel, he wouldn't have lasted that long with Nancy.

You know, I never thought about it until last season, but when the pros get voted off, their paycheck stops. That's what makes me feel so bad about any of them going home. Of course, they know that and that's the way the cookie crumbles. Is Tony the only pro with children?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3715824;
    You know, I never thought about it until last season, but when the pros get voted off, their paycheck stops. That's what makes me feel so bad about any of them going home. Of course, they know that and that's the way the cookie crumbles. Is Tony the only pro with children?
    He is. Alec/Edyta and Jonathan/Anna T. are married and some of the pros have SO but none have children as of yet.

If anyone else had the Kathy attitude, even sweet little Chelsie or Kym, I'd probably say they were faking. But it's obvious she's just an all round sweetheart. Caring, compassionate, humble, generous, happy, carefree, and just beautiful inside and out. I was so looking forward to her on the show, and am disappointed she didn't do well. She said she did it for her kids and I think she did enjoy her time. But she deserved to go. And for once, I think Tony got the short end of the stick with the criticism. He's gotten judges criticism since season 6, and maybe before, and I don't really see them doing that to any other pro (namely CA). He's never had a problem with the holds in the quick step, and I think a lot of his routine is more Kathy's doing than his. He may be the choreographer, but he can only do what his partner will let him. It did seem like the entire cast could have walked right between them. I certainly wouldn't have any problem getting up close and personal with Tony (and I'd likely faint so it wouldn't even matter anyway).

I do hope Tony returns next season. I'd much rather see Derek and Mark take a break. I can't believe they wouldn't bring him back, considering he's been on since season 2, but I'm beginning to wonder when these long time pros might get a temporary pink slip. The last few pros they added were on the younger side, and I'm wondering if they might start weeding out the long time pros for some young and fresh blood. Tony wasn't always my favorite in terms of choreography, but in a pro dance, he's without a doubt one of the best. In fact, I think the women have nothing on the men. The two pro dances showed that. I do hope Nancy is able to return, because I was really looking forward to seeing that duo. I don't know if she would have made the final 3, but I think she had potential to go very far. They looked great in rehearsals. Either way, I'd love to finally see Tony, Jonathan, Anna T., Maks, Louis, Kym, and especially Edyta be able to win at least once. I think the only 2 out of that group that probably will would be Kym and possibly Maks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast