+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

Re: Kathy Ireland - Season 9

I can't say that I would call Kathy the best dancer in the competition, but she showed heself last night to be, perhaps, the classiest person on the show. I was impressed with her gracious attitude.

She mentioned in the rehearsal that she's completing against all those athletes, so she must feel very intimidated.

We can't discount fan bases and those who vote for various reasons other than the dancing expertise/improvement.

Kathy is my fave, but Kelly certainly wowed me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

She was quite the clunker last night, imo.
    I hope she doesn't stay at the expense of better dancers.
    It's quite the bonus for me that when she goes Tony goes too. I've never really liked him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

All my votes went for Kathy and Tony last night, but Kelly and Louis knocked my socks off. I would have loved to have thrown a few votes their way, but I figured Kathy/Tony needed all of them the most.

Kathy is truly a classey lady and I was impressed. I just don't think she is going to be a lady who is going to shake her hips a whole lot and I thought Bruno's comment to her about the salsa being about "sex, sex, sex" was indecent and uncalled for. He could have just said "sexy". I know it embarressed Kathy. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think Kathy and Tony are going to be around very long. The competition is really stiff. She and Tom Delay are tied for next to the last place, but the only good thing for them is last place is a 3-way tie.

Hopefully, two of those three will go home. Tom and Kathy have 20 points and Ashley, Michael and Macy have 19 points and tied for last place.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3709769;
    I'm sorry to say, but I don't think Kathy and Tony are going to be around very long. The competition is really stiff. She and Tom Delay are tied for next to the last place, but the only good thing for them is last place is a 3-way tie.

Hopefully, two of those three will go home. Tom and Kathy have 20 points and Ashley, Michael and Macy have 19 points and tied for last place.
    But you're forgetting about viewer votes.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I just hope she does better next week.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709781;
    But you're forgetting about viewer votes.
    No, I haven't forgotten the viewer votes, but the more judges votes you have, the fewer viewer votes you need. Because Michael is from the NFL and they always do well with viewers, I think he will last awhile. I think Kathy will have quite a fan base and as far as Tom, I just hope there are a lot of Republicans who vote for him.

If a star is good and doesn't have a fanbase, he/she can certainly build one if given enough time, such as Gilles did.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3710208;
    I just hope she does better next week.
    I hope they do better too. The have the quickstep, which is a hard dance. Remember, Melissa had a difficult time with that last season and she didn't have to dance it until the semi-finals after she had been there 10 weeks and she is 20 years younger than Kathy. I'm holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3711004;
    I hope they do better too. The have the quickstep, which is a hard dance. Remember, Melissa had a difficult time with that last season and she didn't have to dance it until the semi-finals after she had been there 10 weeks and she is 20 years younger than Kathy. I'm holding my breath.
    I love the quickstep, and hope that Tony has been prepping her appropriately. I have faith in Tony and am so jealous of Kathy getting to work and dance with him!

Kathy looked so worried during the eliminations.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3711003;
    No, I haven't forgotten the viewer votes, but the more judges votes you have, the fewer viewer votes you need. Because Michael is from the NFL and they always do well with viewers, I think he will last awhile. I think Kathy will have quite a fan base and as far as Tom, I just hope there are a lot of Republicans who vote for him.

If a star is good and doesn't have a fanbase, he/she can certainly build one if given enough time, such as Gilles did.
    Somehow I don't think Kathy's fanbase will be that big a factor. While she's an incredibly successful bussinesswoman and philanthropist now, she hasn't been a cover model since the 90s. I kept watching her dance and thinking it was Rebecca Romijn.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast