+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by cousin_oliver;3715092;
    But Derek's very popular and I would guess that she is getting by a lot on his fan votes right now.
    You got that right. I'm a fan of Derek's. His fans are voting for him, and not because of Joanna, although I don't have anything against her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3716057;
    You got that right. I'm a fan of Derek's. His fans are voting for him, and not because of Joanna, although I don't have anything against her.
    Not only are his fans evidently voting for him, but I think the judges are voting for him as well. Derek is a fantastic choreographer and dancer, and it was he who was doing by far the lion's share of the dancing in that routine last night. He looked great! However, this is not supposed to be about Derek - it is supposed to be more about Joanna.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3719908;
    Not only are his fans evidently voting for him, but I think the judges are voting for him as well. Derek is a fantastic choreographer and dancer, and it was he who was doing by far the lion's share of the dancing in that routine last night. He looked great! However, this is not supposed to be about Derek - it is supposed to be more about Joanna.
    The judges are in love with Derek, and I'm inclined to believe (like with Mya/Dmitry) that Joanna may not be doing well with the fan voting, so they fluff their scores up and sing praises to her to try and keep them alive. Seriously, Joanna just looks like she has a blank look on her face and has no idea where she is. Len would have nailed anyone else for swinging from a rope in the entrance. These two are just boring to watch, or rather she's just boring to watch.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Am I the only one who didn't think their dance was that hot, sexy, steamy, and sultry? Derek whips his shirt off, Joanna gropes the judges, Len wants them to do the encore tomorrow, they babble on and on about how hot and steamy the dance is and hope the kids were in bed and that kept them satisfied for 6 months. I think they had their mind made up 2 seconds in they were going to give them good scores. But I'd hate to burst Joanna's bubble, but I think most of the praise and cheers go to Derek, not her. She's a good dancer, but she's done practically the same style dances and the routines all seem similar. I would have rather seen her, like Mya, get the two step this week.

Joanna said she wants a 10, so next week she'll probably get it. Last season Chuck whined about wanting a 9 and finally he got one (maybe it was 3, I can't remember). And not that I'm against a PSA for adopting animals (it's the only way I've gotten my pets ) but why did Joanna/Derek get that bit that had nothing to do with their dance routine?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3726305;
    And not that I'm against a PSA for adopting animals (it's the only way I've gotten my pets ) but why did Joanna/Derek get that bit that had nothing to do with their dance routine?
    I'm a huge animal lover but I thought the trip to the pound had absolutely nothing to do with anything - except that Joanna probably has a likability index somewhere between Leona Helmsley and Joey Buttafucco's girlfriend, so I'm guessing the idea was to humanize her.
    It didn't work. She'll be around for a while because Derek is very good, but she has no chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726327;
    I'm a huge animal lover but I thought the trip to the pound had absolutely nothing to do with anything - except that Joanna probably has a likability index somewhere between Leona Helmsley and Joey Buttafucco's girlfriend, so I'm guessing the idea was to humanize her.
    It didn't work. She'll be around for a while because Derek is very good, but she has no chance of winning.
    I think it was both a PSA (TPTB must be animal lovers.....me too!) and decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and give it to Joanna, as SDL said, to humanize her. She does have this blank look on her all the time!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726327;

Do you think of these things as you are typing or do you have to ponder it for a moment? Cracks me up!

I have to agree with you. she's boring and not very personable. I didn't see the show that everyone is talking about where she was a royal bitch, but I see glimpses of it here and there. She's really sweet to everyone but her words and actions often don't match her expression. She always has a look on her face like she just sucked on a lemon.

I'm not real impressed with her dancing, either. She's too loose and not controlled. She also watches Derek a lot, like she doesn't quite remember the dance. All the other stars eventually get called on that so when's her turn?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who didn't think their dance was that hot, sexy, steamy, and sultry? Derek whips his shirt off, Joanna gropes the judges, Len wants them to do the encore tomorrow, they babble on and on about how hot and steamy the dance is and hope the kids were in bed and that kept them satisfied for 6 months. I think they had their mind made up 2 seconds in they were going to give them good scores. But I'd hate to burst Joanna's bubble, but I think most of the praise and cheers go to Derek, not her. She's a good dancer, but she's done practically the same style dances and the routines all seem similar. I would have rather seen her, like Mya, get the two step this week.

Joanna said she wants a 10, so next week she'll probably get it. Last season Chuck whined about wanting a 9 and finally he got one (maybe it was 3, I can't remember). And not that I'm against a PSA for adopting animals (it's the only way I've gotten my pets ) but why did Joanna/Derek get that bit that had nothing to do with their dance routine?

This dance is about sex - I tried to tastefully allude to this last week when I went online and watched those clips and came back and reported. Len said it all when he said: "I want to see "raunch". Nobody delivered, and I really didn't think the producers would let them, nor did I want them to actually. I was appalled at some of the clips that I saw online.
    However, I understood that Derek was symbolically trying to set the pace when he came out with his shirt off and when he said the dance was about "bumping and grinding" which they did do.

Personally, although I like the subtle suggestiveness of the rumba more than the "in your face" directness of the Lambada, I was more impressed with Derek and Joanna's than Dimitry's and Mya's.

Why? At least with Derek you had one professional who did the choreography teaching a model against two professionals doing the choreography teaching each other. That to me is more in keeping with what I thought was the premise of this show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

All I can say is that Joanna is very lucky to be teamed with Derek. He always makes his partners look good. She's certainly not the worst dancer the show has ever had, but I don't agree at all with the praise the judges heap on her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Am I the only one who didn't think their dance was that hot, sexy, steamy, and sultry?

I didn't think it was at all hot or steamy or anything at all like that. It came off too fake, like pretty much everything this girl does. I don't think she is very pretty either, she has such a sour look on her face most of the time. She's a model? For what? Surely not head shots.

+ Reply to Thread