+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re Sdl's comments re Joanna.

I agree she's the outstanding female dancer thus far. I never knew of her before I watched her on ABC's "Superstars". Not only was she a major b*tch, she was a poor sport, and a foul mouthed shrew with little respect for her partner. Not that TO was an angel by any means.

So, while I can appreciate her dancing ability, and Derek always brings out his partner's strong points, I can't root for her to win. I can root for Derek, but I can't root for Joanna...I find her too loathsome.

I was surprised to learn today from someone at ABC that the producers knew from the beginning that TO was going to leave before the end of production, but did not inform Joanna until the competition had begun. She had zero chance of winning. No surprise, then, that she was a little bit**y, and perhaps no surprise that she was perhaps cast for DWTS as compensation for a major production mistake on Superstars.

TO is one of the worst role models on the face of the earth, so I guess I'll cut her some slack now that I'm better informed. Perhaps we all should.

BTW, I am not going to comment on anything "ballroom" this season. I apparently offended some last season, and that was not my intent. Happy to respond to PMs, though.

FORT Regular

Everyone gets a fresh start on this show. At least that is the case for me. I would not take Adam's points too seriously. Adam also said Brooke was boring and I liked Brooke.

I understand those who do not want to root for her but I still think Derek does a great job with his partners including Joanna. Yes, who knows how Derek would do with a 50 years old but it seems like none of the male pros (except Tony and Jonathan) get assigned older women. Female pros take turns but never the men. I say Mark Ballas gets an old lady or Cloris type for his remaining seasons because he won twice without partners who would win with anyone.

I looked on line and Julianne's fringe costume was multi-colored while Brooke's was tan. Joanna's was different.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3713164;
    I was surprised to learn today from someone at ABC that the producers knew from the beginning that TO was going to leave before the end of production, but did not inform Joanna until the competition had begun. She had zero chance of winning. No surprise, then, that she was a little bit**y, and perhaps no surprise that she was perhaps cast for DWTS as compensation for a major production mistake on Superstars.

TO is one of the worst role models on the face of the earth, so I guess I'll cut her some slack now that I'm better informed. Perhaps we all should.

BTW, I am not going to comment on anything "ballroom" this season. I apparently offended some last season, and that was not my intent. Happy to respond to PMs, though.
    Interesting observation about Joanna and TO.
    More importantly, PE, I wish you would reconsider your decision and provide your insights on the quality of ballroom dancing. You are a valuable resource and elevate the level of discussion.
    Some people, including myself, may not always agree but it is never personal, and nobody should ever be offended by the comments of an expert....or from those of us who know very little but still have opinions.
    I'm not sure what was in the water last season that caused people to be so vested in certain participants, and to be so nasty to those who expressed contrary views, but my sense is that none of that is present this season.
    So please, fire away with your technical observations. We want to hear them. Thanks.

I always looked forward to your expert opinion, so please do reconsider posting your thoughts.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

She seemed just fine when they were brought back and started winning. Her ugly attitude came out episode 1, so if she did it because she was upset they wouldn't get to finish, she didn't seem upset after they came back. Also, I'm surprised she didn't walk when she found out.

However, after reading interviews from her post-show, I can't cut her slack. I think she's a drama queen looking for attention any way she can get it. She herself said ABC cast her for the drama, which I believe. Knowing what I know about contestants outside of the show, sometimes it's hard to put that aside. Just like with Aaron Carter.

As for their jive, Derek did most of the dancing, though I must say he did very well I don't know if Derek means to outdance his partners or what, but this is one dance where he really lets loose. No, she didn't completely bomb, but she wasn't that great, either.

I'd never heard of JK before this show.
    If it is true what was posted about her on the Superstars show (that it looks like a lot of people here did watch), I could perhaps cut her slack.
    However, for me, a person's "character' should not come out only when circumstances are ideal; it should show up at all times. Kind of like the person who smiles into the camera and then does a complete turnaround when the camera is off. I get the latter vibe from her.
    There's just something about her that screams overly fake and artificial to me. I gave her credit the first week for her dancing. But, if it weren't for Derek whom I happen to like, I'd be very pleased to see this woman voted off.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3714046;
    She seemed just fine when they were brought back and started winning. Her ugly attitude came out episode 1, so if she did it because she was upset they wouldn't get to finish, she didn't seem upset after they came back. Also, I'm surprised she didn't walk when she found out.

However, after reading interviews from her post-show, I can't cut her slack. I think she's a drama queen looking for attention any way she can get it. She herself said ABC cast her for the drama, which I believe. Knowing what I know about contestants outside of the show, sometimes it's hard to put that aside. Just like with Aaron Carter.

As for their jive, Derek did most of the dancing, though I must say he did very well I don't know if Derek means to outdance his partners or what, but this is one dance where he really lets loose. No, she didn't completely bomb, but she wasn't that great, either.
    I don't have an opinion. I can only report what someone inside ABC whom I've known for over a decade told me. To be clear with what I was told; however, it was after she arrived in the Bahamas and taping was begun that she was told. This would be during taping of episode one. I'm not sure how much she was told or how it was presented to her.

Given the standard ABC cast contract, she could not have left the show without serious financial penalty (having to repay production's costs to cast her, for her travel and for the securing of a replacement).

Who is John Galt?

Why? How did you insult someone. I don't remember that. I would enjoy your input on the dancing elements and personalities of this show. I would think that the only time someone would be insulted by a comment was if it was a personal attack on them . . not on a celebrity who is dancing.

As far as Joanna goes, I really have little to say. Is she a good dancer, yes. Does she have chemistry with Derek, yes. Does he drool over her a little too much (and if I were his boyfriend, I would be concerned), yes. Do I think they'll win - no! She is too Playboy modelish for voters and Derek isn't one of the most popular pros. Could I be wrong - absolutely!

FORT Regular

I agree with all the reasons why joanna will not win except the last one (and maybe the drooling). I find a lot of what Derek does with partners are for show and trying to entertain. Part of that whole "being on" training that I see in his sister too. Mark? He just lacks any charisma and I just see trying too hard to be relevant.

But Derek's very popular and I would guess that she is getting by a lot on his fan votes right now.

+ Reply to Thread