+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 274

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

  1. #31
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711302;
    I'd never heard or seen her before this show.
    She danced well, but I can't get past her fake attitude, either. And, sorry, but everything on her body and face screams fake. Way too much plastic surgery. Scary to look at.
    Especially for someone so young. The collagen lips are particularly disturbing to me. She seems better suited to play in a Mean Girls sequel - like Mean Girls go to College.

  2. #32
    Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    810

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3711471;
    Especially for someone so young. The collagen lips are particularly disturbing to me. She seems better suited to play in a Mean Girls sequel - like Mean Girls go to College.
    How old is she??? She looks more like Mean Girls Who Act Like Their Still in College.

  3. #33
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    It's interesting how the womens' perception of other women colors the comments about these contestants. It really isn't about the dancing because if it was, Joanna would be the clear favorite to win.
    On the male side, Mark is probably the best, but the audience would prefer Chuck or Michael....

  4. #34
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3710590;
    I wanted to go back and watch Joanna in slow motion but dang it I erased it by accident. Please let us know exactly what Joanna did to Debi, but yes that is why she wanted to hug her.
    You can go to Hulu and watch it. I just went and watched the results show since my DVR got confused and failed to record it. Somehow my local station didn't list it as being on for three nights and I didn't realize that till to late.

  5. #35
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3711551;
    It's interesting how the womens' perception of other women colors the comments about these contestants. It really isn't about the dancing because if it was, Joanna would be the clear favorite to win.
    On the male side, Mark is probably the best, but the audience would prefer Chuck or Michael....
    **********
    Sorry to quote myself but I read this note this am and thought it sounded insulting and stupid. I think I had a point, which was that women in particular seem to dislike Joanna, but she is a very good dancer. I don't agree that men froth at the mouth over her, at least not the kind of guys I know, but she doesn't bug me so much. I had just watched all the performances on DVR without any interviews or critiques and, wow, her dancing stood out by a mile.
    Continuing my scientific journey, I was trying to think if it was the pot calling the kettle black, since Mark and probably Aaron were the best male dancers, but the fact that both are a little annoying made me discount what they had done in favor of guys who were not great dancers.
    Oh yea, I just remembered my point. Duh!! That's what this show is about.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3711642;
    **********
    Sorry to quote myself but I read this note this am and thought it sounded insulting and stupid. I think I had a point, which was that women in particular seem to dislike Joanna, but she is a very good dancer. I don't agree that men froth at the mouth over her, at least not the kind of guys I know, but she doesn't bug me so much. I had just watched all the performances on DVR without any interviews or critiques and, wow, her dancing stood out by a mile.
    Continuing my scientific journey, I was trying to think if it was the pot calling the kettle black, since Mark and probably Aaron were the best male dancers, but the fact that both are a little annoying made me discount what they had done in favor of guys who were not great dancers.
    Oh yea, I just remembered my point. Duh!! That's what this show is about.
    Bad attitude noted, documented, and set aside, this gal has immediate good hip action and a super choreographer in Derek on her side right out of the chute. Derek and her natural ability are going to give her the boost to push her up the ladder; however, if she cannot get control of her attitude and it continues to show through, even Derek will not be able to help her because the women at some point will stop voting for her.

  7. #37
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3711656;
    Bad attitude noted, documented, and set aside, this gal has immediate good hip action and a super choreographer in Derek on her side right out of the chute. Derek and her natural ability are going to give her the boost to push her up the ladder; however, if she cannot get control of her attitude and it continues to show through, even Derek will not be able to help her because the women at some point will stop voting for her.
    **********
    There you go.
    From now on, would you please translate for me?
    The funny thing is that I find Derek to be the most annoying part of the show - until he dances, and then it's difficult to argue that there is anyone better.
    I think they are a dangerous combination. Honestly, Joanna looks to be better than Brooke Burke (who was a Playboy model but somehow came back as this sweet soul), but we will see........
    Thanks!

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3711672;
    **********
    There you go.
    From now on, would you please translate for me?
    The funny thing is that I find Derek to be the most annoying part of the show - until he dances, and then it's difficult to argue that there is anyone better.
    I think they are a dangerous combination. Honestly, Joanna looks to be better than Brooke Burke (who was a Playboy model but somehow came back as this sweet soul), but we will see........
    Thanks!

    Clearly put?? Women won't put up with much overt cr*p from her. Now that was not very nice, but that was just plain common sense. You have already heard and reheard the discussion on where she "hit" Mya(?). I am sure Joanna did not mean to do that, but her attitude was showing, and that was the unfortunate consequence of it.

    We have seen some of that "attitude" in the Bachelor when a female contender gets a (usually group) rose and jumps up and down or squeals, etc. The fans and viewers critically eat her alive!!
    It will be the same thing on DWTS and with Joanna. If she is not gracious, she is going to pay for it in votes.

    I tried to watch objectively the other night, and while I would like to see someone else win besides Derek ( he has had his turn), I can not deny that Derek is simply a fantastic choreographer. If his partner has any ability, he is going to make her look very good with his choreography.

  9. #39
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3711672;
    **********
    There you go.
    From now on, would you please translate for me?
    The funny thing is that I find Derek to be the most annoying part of the show - until he dances, and then it's difficult to argue that there is anyone better.
    I think they are a dangerous combination. Honestly, Joanna looks to be better than Brooke Burke (who was a Playboy model but somehow came back as this sweet soul), but we will see........
    Thanks!
    This is my only second season watching and I agree that Derek is a great teacher and choreographer. However, I tend to watch him more than I watch the "star".

    At this stage of the show, I'll admit that my lens is clouded when I watch certain "stars" dance. However, when the number of contestants dwindles, I look more at the dancing.

    Her salsa was the best of the night and I think she'll need her judge scores to overcome her popular vote if her attitude leaks out in the interview process.

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

    I think the popular vote is always one of the biggest components of the show.
    But, bottom line for me is - did they make me want to get up and dance because of their dancing?
    I see the show for pure entertainment. That's what moves me. It doesn't mean that I will vote for someone who is quite engaging but a mess as a technical dancer.
    For me, though, it's the difference between a Brooke Burke and a Warren Sapp. Brooke did very well technically, but for me it was just a series of learned dance steps with no emotion or joy behind it. Warren, on the other hand, made me want to get up there on the stage with him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.