+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

"Oh, as far as the poker contest - I hated her attitude toward it, and frankly, I think that animal charities should NEVER be allowed to win any of this prize money - ever - because of the blantant lies they give out."

Some might disagree with this statement. If we started a thread about it on the Current Events board--would you come over and discuss/debate this with us?
    Could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3768375;
    Well, if she's going to wear the lowcut dress, she should be ready to take the comments that go along with it.
    Just as woman wearing short skirts should be expected to put up with men whistling and hollering at them as they walk own the street.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3768417;
    I didn't mind her first one with the dog and her back to the group doing a profile. It actually was art and worked well with their slogan (BTW, I do encourage people to go to shelters if they want a good solid pet for a family - most places here don't have pet shops in malls anymore just because they're not interested in buying from stores anymore).

The second one - the one with the uproar - I totally understand the uproar because the way they designed this ad was intentionally done that way to be tacky and draw media attention to her - and yes, I say her and not PETA's ideals because we're too much of a "let's see skin for free" mentality that people oogle over the naughty bits instead of the "let's help the animals" cause.

Seriously - doing it where those parts were covered with airy wisps of fabric would've still gotten the point across and been tasteful. It was blantantly poor taste.

Oh, as far as the poker contest - I hated her attitude toward it, and frankly, I think that animal charities should NEVER be allowed to win any of this prize money - ever - because of the blantant lies they give out.
    I didn't even realize she did another ad, which is too bad, because the second one was the one that seemed to get all the attention. And that point was certainly lost. Someone had posted back when Joanna was on Superstars that she was more a Maxim style model so this plus her Playboy spread aren't a shock. And while I admit I rarely watch poker tournaments, even for charity and with celebs, the ones I have seen I don't recall ever seeing the women dressed skimpy

And I've adopted all my pets from our local animal shelter After volunteering there I don't think I could ever not adopt. But a home is a home no matter where you get your pet, as long as you give it a good home.

FORT Fogey

"And I've adopted all my pets from our local animal shelter After volunteering there I don't think I could ever not adopt. But a home is a home no matter where you get your pet, as long as you give it a good home."

I volunteered at a no-kill shelter and I completely agree with you. (I also did the same as you concerning adoptions. )

+ Reply to Thread