+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750025;
    I doubt Joanna could put a Butterfly Twist in a Paso Doble or do a solo for that matter. If she can do that, and make the Man's dance look like she's not being led around by Derek then I'll be impressed. Right now, I'm not even sure she can do much more than a whip turn without Derek dancing around her.

Mark's Butterfly twist was choreographed especially for his paso; it was executed sharply, skillfully, with precision, and it was eye-catching.
    The same move, however, attempted by Joanna - whether or not she could execute it - in the futuristic paso would look ridiculous.

People are drawn to the creativity and uniqueness of the futuristic paso. Anything less would mean that Derek failed in the choreography, and the two of them failed to dance the routine.

Because the intention was that the future paso would be a paso but considerably different at the same time - to reflect futuristic changes - I think it is unreasonable to even think of trying to compare it to anybody else's more standard paso. They are really too different in my opinion to be compared equally.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750053;
    Gee, I'm talking about decent solos, not dances that needed Donny to slobber over Bruno to get a decent score, and really Vegas acts need to stay in Vegas.

And if you're not impressed with a Butterfly Twist, you have no idea what it takes to do that move.
    Joanna could maybe spread her legs and somebody could take a picture. I suppose that's what impresses you.
    I'm not impressed with Mark. If someone else did it that interested me maybe I'd be more impressed. Because the guy and his dances are unmemorable to me doesn't mean I have to like it because Lacey gave him some move to do that you think is fantastic.

If someone's not a Joanna fan nothing she does will impress them. I don't like her and would be perfectly happy if they left this week. But I give Derek credit, that was a paso for the record books for this show. In terms of the solo, he gave Lil Kim a decent solo last year, vs the other ones that rolled around on the floor and just shook in front of the judges tables. I think he'll do Joanna justice. Kym and Louis, too, with their partners.

Since I'm not a Mark fan and, like Bloomers said, don't care to get into a p***ing match about a guy I never liked and who isn't even there anymore, that's my last word on the subject

Looking forward to this week and watching my 2 favorites left in the show. Not looking forward to the 2 hours, but eh, this miserable season is almost over. I guess I'm somewhat glad certain people got tainted by being in involved in the worst season ever.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3750069;
    I'm not impressed with Mark. If someone else did it that interested me maybe I'd be more impressed. Because the guy and his dances are unmemorable to me doesn't mean I have to like it because Lacey gave him some move to do that you think is fantastic.

If someone's not a Joanna fan nothing she does will impress them. I don't like her and would be perfectly happy if they left this week. But I give Derek credit, that was a paso for the record books for this show. In terms of the solo, he gave Lil Kim a decent solo last year, vs the other ones that rolled around on the floor and just shook in front of the judges tables. I think he'll do Joanna justice. Kym and Louis, too, with their partners.

Since I'm not a Mark fan and, like Bloomers said, don't care to get into a p***ing match about a guy I never liked and who isn't even there anymore, that's my last word on the subject

Looking forward to this week and watching my 2 favorites left in the show. Not looking forward to the 2 hours, but eh, this miserable season is almost over. I guess I'm somewhat glad certain people got tainted by being in involved in the worst season ever.

Gee, I guess putting in digs about an amazing athletic move that few athletes in the world can do is not memorable..wow, I recall posts a few weeks back saying that some were bored and it was their absolute "last word" on the subject, and yet they keep bringing up Mark Dacascos, and try to find ways to knock him.

And for me the ONLY Paso Doble for the record books, is a Paso Doble in which the CELEBRITY does the amazing moves, not the pro.

I've read enough about it to know it was a light show, and it was Derek, hardly a celebrity who is stiff at best that made it memorable.

And I'd like to know why the show is not allowing Mark to do his favorite dance the Jitterbug in the finale, when Natalie is doing hers, the Rumba. It makes you think the producers are too afraid that the only memorable dance is the one the unfairly eliminated celebrity did week 6. Makes you think the Freestyles are going to be horrible. And that's probably true.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-13-2009 at 11:04 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3750059;
    Mark's Butterfly twist was choreographed especially for his paso; it was executed sharply, skillfully, with precision, and it was eye-catching.
    The same move, however, attempted by Joanna - whether or not she could execute it - in the futuristic paso would look ridiculous.

People are drawn to the creativity and uniqueness of the futuristic paso. Anything less would mean that Derek failed in the choreography, and the two of them failed to dance the routine.

Because the intention was that the future paso would be a paso but considerably different at the same time - to reflect futuristic changes - I think it is unreasonable to even think of trying to compare it to anybody else's more standard paso. They are really too different in my opinion to be compared equally.
    The point is Joanna can't do anything solo. It would expose her limitations far too much. And I think a B-twist would be awesome in any sort of Paso Doble, standard, or otherwise. It blows everyone away...I remember Tony Davolani interviewing him after and was just in awe.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-13-2009 at 11:30 PM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3750080;
    The point is Joanna can't do anything solo. It would expose her limitations far too much. And I think a B-twist would be awesome in any sort of Paso Doble, standard, or otherwise. It blows everyone away....
    It didn't blow everyone away if hardly anyone even remembers it, or him.
    The facts are that Joanna did a Paso last week that people are still talking about, and is headed for the finals.
    Mark, a nice guy who happens to be boring and a bad actor, is gone from the show, having been voted off.
    According to the press releases, Mark has recently been promoting his latest ultra low budget movie, which was never shown in any theaters but went straight to DVD.
    Neither one has a career I would brag about, but Joanna has clearly won this round.

I'm not to invested in who wins at this point, however I find it all kinds of strange that you see blips and pieces on her "playboy" appearance right for about 2 to 3 weeks now. It's strange in the fact that maybe this can be a plus for her for men that watch and will buy the magazine. I didn't enjoy the "future" paso, too much like the robot. I find her dancing to be on the level of Micheal's and he left because judges said all he did was walk around which I see her and some of the other's doing. Mya & Donny are the only one's who remotely dance. The first is a pro and the second is an entertainer. I'm ready for the next DWTS because this season is over for me and I really hope that we see a better one next time. One with a level playing feild: all with no dance experience or all with dance experience.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3750233;
    I find it all kinds of strange that you see blips and pieces on her "playboy" appearance right for about 2 to 3 weeks now. It's strange in the fact that maybe this can be a plus for her for men that watch and will buy the magazine.
    That will be more than counter-balanced by all the purse-lipped women who live to be offended by those who don't live the chaste and modest life they think is the only acceptable one. You know, a huge chunk of this show's audience.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3750269;
    That will be more than counter-balanced by all the purse-lipped women who live to be offended by those who don't live the chaste and modest life they think is the only acceptable one. You know, a huge chunk of this show's audience.

You just made my day (and really, lots of other interesting stuff happened today in my small world).

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

I personally do not care if she uses bad language, if she posed in Playboy or any other magazine, or if she's done provocative movies. I'm not offended by anything like that, never have been, and none of it is why I find her intolerable enough that I've stopped watching one of my most favorite shows. I definitely do not fit in to Rattus' profile of women who don't like Joanna.

I don't like her because she is mean spirited, nasty, and treats other people without kindness or courtesy. I've seen her do it much more than once.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3750481;
    I definitely do not fit in to Rattus' profile of women who don't like Joanna.

I don't like her because she is mean spirited, nasty, and treats other people without kindness or courtesy. I've seen her do it much more than once.
    My profile doesn't describe everyone who doesn't like Joanna. It was just to point out in reponse to the surmise that all sorts of nudity loving men will now be voting for her that there is an equally large number of women who don't like her specifically because she poses nude.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread