+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Precisely.

If Holly was seen as a former lover, then it makes "social" sense for him to not be there, but everyone knows that Hef attends all kinds of functions for former paramours, some even still work for him, like Barbi Benton. So these lustful liasions are business related. It didn't make business sense for him to support her. She was out there representing the Playboy brand, he didn't need to be there as a leacherous jilted lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3748906;
    There's no conspiracy in knowing that Playboy has been in deep financial do do for awhile now, and have been looking to revamp the entire way they do business. The "Marge Simpson" playboy cover was a way to make the magazine more "accessible" to the demographic they're targetting, and it's no secret some high rolling former executives of Disney are now with PLA. The very fact that they don't compete for business makes them perfect business partners..a win win they all get 100% of what they're after. Their entire media division is becoming more and more mainstream, rather than "adult" and what better way to sell the seemingly wholesome innoculous former Manshow "juggy girl" than with the support of dwts? Although Playboy wholeheartedly supported Holly when she was on the show, Hef never showed...and I read that Hef came to watch this week. Unless there's a business reason for an appearance, not sure that he'd bother, since it certainly wasn't a priority when he was doing Holly.

It is very widely known that the deal for Joanna to appear in Playboy was negotiated long before there was any discussion between her representatives and ABC regarding Dancing With the Stars. In fact she declined to allow the resident West Coast Playboy photographers to shoot her, opting for a photographer in Europe.

While I'm not even remotely suggesting that you possess this intention because I don't believe you do, it is clear that in some other Internet fora there is the bold suggestion of some collusion between ABC and Playboy that is manifest in Ms Kriupa's appearance in the next issue. Not only is such an assertion not true, it is, in my view, intentionally misleading. As such, the question arises regarding the motivation of the purveyors of such false information. If the intent of such parties is to harm Ms Krupa, such persons render themselves actionable.

There are many appropriate grounds for not supporting her and every other remaining cast member. I endeavor to be so very careful in my own commentary regarding the cast, and I wish others exercised similar self-restraint (but have no realistic expectations regarding any likely success).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3749003;
    It is very widely known that the deal for Joanna to appear in Playboy was negotiated long before there was any discussion between her representatives and ABC regarding Dancing With the Stars. In fact she declined to allow the resident West Coast Playboy photographers to shoot her, opting for a photographer in Europe.

While I'm not even remotely suggesting that you possess this intention because I don't believe you do, it is clear that in some other Internet fora there is the bold suggestion of some collusion between ABC and Playboy that is manifest in Ms Kriupa's appearance in the next issue. Not only is such an assertion not true, it is, in my view, intentionally misleading. As such, the question arises regarding the motivation of the purveyors of such false information. If the intent of such parties is to harm Ms Krupa, such persons render themselves actionable.

There are many appropriate grounds for not supporting her and every other remaining cast member. I endeavor to be so very careful in my own commentary regarding the cast, and I wish others exercised similar self-restraint (but have no realistic expectations regarding any likely success)
    Personally, I like a lot of her dances, and I think she has a beautiful figure; however - and I realize that I am going to get myself in a heap of controversy here, but so be it - I don't know why the heck she thinks she has to lower herself as a woman to the point of letting men stare at her naked body, slobber, and lust ( while doing other less mentionable things) when she already has tremendous admiration as a more clothed model.

Sorry, Peach, if I fulfilled your realistic expectations that others would not exercise self-restraint in commentary , but I'll step up first in line on occasion.
    Psst.... I still think you know your stuff and appreciate all the knowledge you share with us even when we don't agree.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3748255;
    Well I didn't watch last evening. But if this was a "futuristic paso" it sounds like a warmed over version of the Yulia and Max's Matrix of a few years ago.....
    It was nothing like the Paso Matrix dance. Not even close.

I don't think that Joanna feels that "she has to do it", although obviously, I am not in her head (and wouldn't want to be). She's either an exhibitionist, has low self esteem, and/or wants the money. I'm still hoping that I don't have nightmares with her scary face and fake body parts in them.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3749016;
    [B]

Personally, I like a lot of her dances, and I think she has a beautiful figure; however - and I realize that I am going to get myself in a heap of controversy here, but so be it - I don't know why the heck she thinks she has to lower herself as a woman to the point of letting men stare at her naked body, slobber, and lust ( while doing other less mentionable things) when she already has tremendous admiration as a more clothed model.

Sorry, Peach, if I fulfilled your realistic expectations that others would not exercise self-restraint in commentary , but I'll step up first in line on occasion.
    Psst.... I still think you know your stuff and appreciate all the knowledge you share with us even when we don't agree.
    Reasonable people can disagree responsibly and respectfully. I take your points and really have no opinion regarding her choices, but that really has nothing to do with the point I was making about malicious commentary elsewhere. (I also never insert myself between women and the choices they make. To go further would take me beyond the ethics limits of our firm's policies in the genre of "political correctness.")

There are two things I understand: the law and ballroom dancing. My ex wives would attest that my competence in understanding women is realistically non-existent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3749016;
    [B]

I myself am not a fan of that type of magazine but IMO the whole point of the feminist movements was to give women the ability to choose what kind of activities we would engage in--not have the choices limited or made for us.

So while I personally do not agree with the choice that Joanna made I am glad she has the freedom to make that kind of choice for herself.

IMO only--based on a study of history and my law degree.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3749028;
    There are two things I understand: the law and ballroom dancing. My ex wives would attest that my competence in understanding women is realistically non-existent.
    One of the funniest lines of the season.
    I too have long since disqualified myself from commenting on women's issues. I'm for whatever they want. How simple is that?
    Except Mya, because I don't like her.
    Never said I was consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3749038;
    One of the funniest lines of the season.
    I too have long since disqualified myself from commenting on women's issues. I'm for whatever they want. How simple is that?
    Except Mya, because I don't like her.
    Never said I was consistent.
    Thank you, kind sir.

"Consistency is the paste jewel that only cheap men cherish.”
    William Allen White

Discovering a consistent (and thus predictable) trial lawyer as opposing counsel is the constant prayer of every young litigator. Personally, I enjoy trifling in inconsistency just to be irritating.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3749036;
    I myself am not a fan of that type of magazine but IMO the whole point of the feminist movements was to give women the ability to choose what kind of activities we would engage in--not have the choices limited or made for us.

So while I personally do not agree with the choice that Joanna made I am glad she has the freedom to make that kind of choice for herself.

IMO only--based on a study of history and my law degree.
    While women wanted the freedom of choice, they very much wanted to be respected as something besides just objects - someone or something beautiful to be looked at (albeit cherished as well) but who did not have enough intelligence to enter into a man's world and to be able to think adequately enough to cope with current issues. Contrary to popular belief, women's lib did not start in the 60s or the 70s, but it was already in full swing in the early part of the century when women were doing their darnest to convince men that they had sufficient intelligence to "worry their pretty little heads" enough to study the political issues, compare and weigh the candidates, and vote accordingly.
    As a very young woman - formative thinking years, I lived those days of what we call Women's Lib when women demanded freedom of choice and equal rights which meant they wanted to be considered as equally intelligent and qualified for jobs and pay as men. The two went together hand in hand.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread