+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3747196;
    The other dancer who was judged from his rehearsal tape was Steve-O, wasn't it? His was a dress rehearsal. But the judges were not there for it! I really doubt the judges ever see the rehearsals, dress or otherwise.
    I just viewed the dress rehearsal on Youtube, and the judges are there at the desk. I will PM you the link, but you can clearly see all 3 judges at the 8 second mark.

Search words Week 2-Steve-O - Dancing With The Stars

For anyone who would like to see it as well.

I know that on AI the judges watch dress rehearsal - didn't know about DWTS. Not an AI fan, but I think it was last season that I read about Paula misspeaking on air. She later said she got confused between what she had seen that night and what she had seen at the dress rehearsal.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3747257;
    I just viewed the dress rehearsal on Youtube, and the judges are there at the desk. I will PM you the link, but you can clearly see all 3 judges at the 8 second mark.

Search words Week 2-Steve-O - Dancing With The Stars

For anyone who would like to see it as well.
    I don't believe those are actual judges, but just staffers sitting in to make the rehearsal seem as authentic as possible to the participants.

The guy in the middle has a full head of gray hair. Len is bald in the middle.

The guy sitting in Bruno's chair has a hooked nose. Bruno does not:
    http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...tonioli300.jpg

The show always has as realistic rehearsals as possible. I believe it was Natalie who said that she and Alec were the couple 'eliminated' during rehearsal, and when they found themselves in the bottom two she wasn't too worried, saying the couple 'eliminated' during rehearsal had never been the actual couple who turned out to be eliminated. In her case, it was.

I am almost 100% certain that the judges are never present at rehearsals, but again, it won't be hard to verify one way or the other.

AI sees rehearsals and rehearsal footage. I believe this show does, too. I know the judges have made remarks to that effect before.
    Not sure what the problem is with that?
    This show is definitely about entertainment and they always indicate in their disclaimers that producers have rights to do as they want.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3747301;
    AI sees rehearsals and rehearsal footage. I believe this show does, too. I know the judges have made remarks to that effect before.
    Not sure what the problem is with that?
    This show is definitely about entertainment and they always indicate in their disclaimers that producers have rights to do as they want.
    It's not so much that there would be a problem with it as it is I want to know the truth and not somebody's impression or repeated rumor. I've seen and read interviews with all three judges, and the main thing I got out of it regarding the contestants is that they never have any interaction with them except what we see on TV. If someone can cite a source, great.

But that is definitely not Len and Bruno at the judges' table during Steve-O's dress rehearsal. Remember during the Mambo Marathon rehearsal footage they showed staffers standing in for the judges? I think it's the same thing. With so many of the pro dancers on Twitter it shouldn't be too hard to get some definitive statements.

Here is the Mambo Marathon Rehearsal footage, and you'll see at 16 seconds where three staffers are standing in for Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno. They are obviously not them, but there they are: YouTube - S9 wk6 MamboPackage 01

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3747193;
    While I thought her first dance was a hot mess, I, too, give her credit for the Paso. She was able to follow his lead extremely well. Once again, Derek shows himself to be the best choreographer.
    I loved their Paso. Derek is brilliant with the choreography and costumes. I wished they earned a perfect score for it but atleast the judges selected it for the encore dance. Joanna is not one of my fave's but I have to give her credit for working hard and meeting Derek's challenge. I think they could be the couple to beat this year.

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/10 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Ugh. Joanna is probably the worst technician I have ever seen on this show. Her dance position is still ugly, there's no strength in the back, Natalie was so much better than her at the dance position and she should have taken that early Foxtrot routine.

Derek is doing the old bait and switch, LilKim dazzle them with bs.
    In Ballroom, Joanna is simply not applying correct technique, so instead we get a cheat, and Derek covers up with dazzling choreography. I did not think that is what the show is about. Now to compare her with Brooke Burke, Brooke did the dances well, did the proper technique, at times her legs did look a little awkward due to her double jointedness, but that's not a flaw that a dancer can change.

With Joanna, there's no excuses for not employing the proper technique so that she can push through the step from the core through the hip flexor on the down beat and then to the balls of the feet on the 2, 3 count, for say the waltz. .. proper technique is being ignored for flash. On the rumba, again, where is the cuban motion? She didn't have it, nor was it even attempted, and yet that dance was scored high. Definitely a problem and definitely an agenda for Joanna to possibly win this competition. So many other women dancers are at least good technicians compared to Joanna.

I don't know what the dances were last evening, but reading Maks' blog he wasn't impressed with her and he's a fan.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 11-11-2009 at 04:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3748180;
    Ugh. Joanna is probably the worst technician I have ever seen on this show. Her dance position is still ugly, there's no strength in the back, Natalie was so much better than her at the dance position and she should have taken that early Foxtrot routine.

Derek is doing the old bait and switch, LilKim dazzle them with bs.
    In Ballroom, Joanna is simply not applying correct technique, so instead we get a cheat, and Derek covers up with dazzling choreography. I did not think that is what the show is about. Now to compare her with Brooke Burke, Brooke did the dances well, did the proper technique, at times her legs did look a little awkward due to her double jointedness, but that's not a flaw that a dancer can change.

With Joanna, there's no excuses for not employing the proper technique so that she can push through the step from the core through the hip flexor on the down beat and then to the balls of the feet on the 2, 3 count, for say the waltz. .. proper technique is being ignored for flash. On the rumba, again, where is the cuban motion? She didn't have it, nor was it even attempted, and yet that dance was scored high. Definitely a problem and definitely an agenda for Joanna to possibly win this competition. So many other women dancers are at least good technicians compared to Joanna.

I don't know what the dances were last evening, but reading Maks' blog he wasn't impressed with her and he's a fan.
    You sound professionally as though you are able to critique her dancing whereas I am only able to describe what I like or don't like. Obviously she did not do well on the first dance because she was criticized by the judges from here to next Sunday, and even her fans on here didn't overtly object to the criticism; however, I do know that I liked that future paso. I was impressed with the whole thing except the lipstick which was morbid and looked like something out of a horror movie.
    IMO, she and Derek creatively met their assignment, and the two of them together danced the dickens out of that routine.

That said, she is not as entertaining as Donny or as technically proficient as Mya. Will she win? Entertaining and dancing well/improvement are the two elements quoted the most often by people as necessary in their eyes to be the "winner" of that fabulous little trophy.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3747318;
    It's not so much that there would be a problem with it as it is I want to know the truth and not somebody's impression or repeated rumor. I've seen and read interviews with all three judges, and the main thing I got out of it regarding the contestants is that they never have any interaction with them except what we see on TV. If someone can cite a source, great.

But that is definitely not Len and Bruno at the judges' table during Steve-O's dress rehearsal. Remember during the Mambo Marathon rehearsal footage they showed staffers standing in for the judges? I think it's the same thing. With so many of the pro dancers on Twitter it shouldn't be too hard to get some definitive statements.

Here is the Mambo Marathon Rehearsal footage, and you'll see at 16 seconds where three staffers are standing in for Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno. They are obviously not them, but there they are: YouTube - S9 wk6 MamboPackage 01
    I hear what you're saying, but I guess I am still not certain why? Do you think it makes a difference in their judging, or is there a particular reason why you want to know this?
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Well I didn't watch last evening. But if this was a "futuristic paso" it sounds like a warmed over version of the Yulia and Max's Matrix of a few years ago, and it was incredible. Joanna simply doesn't have the technique or the core strength to pull off the slow motion lifts that Yulia was able to perform. My guess is if it was robotic, then that works for her, because her technique is very stiff and robotic. A good choice for Derek to once again hide her shortcomings with razzle dazzle.

+ Reply to Thread