+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3674132;
    After Brooke, I am sure Derek can handle Joanna. I will be surprised if she left early. Joanna is a trooper. Even to do the superstars reveal she is a trooper. No model in their right mind will allow themselves to be caught on camera without makeup, sweating, running, panting, and doing all those physical sports for the world to see. Joanna is versetile and it will come through during the season.
    Ali Larter and Estella Warner are more models than Joanna ever was and they were on the show as well without the makeup, sweating, and running, etc etc. She didn't do anything all that extraordinary.

All I know is that she has one of the worst attitudes ever and nothing will make me want to root for her. Since I don't care for Derek either, this is a perfect match for me. I can just boo them happily and wait for them to go away lol.

I guess we all view things differently, I definitely did not see her as a trooper on Superstars. I saw her as a poor sport who threw a tantrum every single time something didn't go her way.

Estella was a trooper. When her team got booted off and her partner tried to say bad things, she reminded him that they weren't that type of team and refused to join in the poor sport behavior.

Unfortunately, I don't see Derek putting her in her place because I do feel that she was only brought onto this show for the drama potential and he's probably been told by the producers to not reign her in but to actually rile her up even more so they get some sound bites.

FORT Regular

I never saw the show but now I am curious. If she is good, I'll vote for her.

I decided to watch the whole season of the revival of the Superstars online just to see this girl in action.

Honestly, she wasn't that bad. Well, not that she was an angel. But just looking at the posts in this forum, I was thinking that she was on the level of... maybe Corinne from Survivor: Gabon. But no, she doesn't have an attitude of a person who wants to "stab you in the face." She just has a really bad pottymouth. And she's a sore loser. But TO wasn't much better. He took the loss on the first obstacle course much better than Jo did (much better), but he had his share of meltdowns. Remember when they lost the first kayak challenge?

When they came back, they both had much better attitudes. It wasn't until TO quit when we saw Jo's attitude come back. But even then, she didn't freak out like before. She said her words in a pretty calm manner, which was unexpected since for one, I would have been very PO'd if my partner ditched me and forced me to quit.

I don't think she's going long on this show. But if she does well, then good for her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Got to check it out on line. I am willing to give her a shot. She's so pretty and she could be another Brooke.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I guess you had to watch it when it originally aired. T.O. came off looking like a saint compared to his partner, and everyone knows about T.O.'s reputation. In fact, sports fans were actually supportive of Joanna giving him a taste of his own medicine. He completely sucked at the challenges, but it's not like he was the absolute worst athlete competing. I think Kristi, Bode, and Brandi were the only ones that lived up to the term athlete. She just seemed like a spoiled little poor loser brat that expected a free pass and to do extremely well because of her partner and when they did it, she whined and threw a tantrum. I loved whoever said they felt sorry for her boyfriend I wish T.O. had said back to her 'you call yourself a model?' Not only that, but this girl obviously just loves the attention, given comments she's made in interviews about how she speaks her mind on anything no matter what and wishes she had lashed out more on the show. That's the only reason DWTS wanted her, and I'm sure she'll give them what she was cast for. Hopefully the judges cut her down quick. I'd love that And I really, really hope she and Derek don't hit it off. Not only is he due for a challenging partner, but I just want both of them gone and soon. More Joanna than Derek for a change but it'll be nice not seeing him around, either.

Since Derek and Shannon have broken up maybe there's a little side action the producers are hoping for to spice up the buzz and the ratings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3676446;
    I I just want both of them gone and soon. More Joanna than Derek for a change but it'll be nice not seeing him around, either.
    Noooooooooooooooooooo!! not my Derek. He is cute. I do not know how it will work out though. I do not care for Joanna, but Derek is the reason I watch dwts.

FORT Fanatic

Horrible personality on this one. It's like watching paint dry when they are in rehearsal. There's absolutely no chemistry and she makes sure he gets the memo "no chezzy costumes" to which he replies that he'll go "pantless" - thank god at least HE has a sense of humor. What a difference from all the fun he had with Lil Kim.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Derek said Joanna's worried about what people are going to think about her after her attitude towards T.O. and she doesn't want to be considered this season's b#$%h. Considering she mentioned she wished she had gone off even more on the show, I don't know why she'd be worried about what people will think of her now. Maybe she realizes personality will come into play, because she's paired with Derek doesn't guarantee a good placement, and that people vote you off.

FORT Fanatic

Ain't Karma a biotch? Well there's so many nice personalities this season, that I will wait to see if she blows me away with her dancing...so far she just turns me cold with that SheWolf personality. And I vote for beautiful women, like Brooke. Very happy for her win. This one? Yikes.

+ Reply to Thread