+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

She appeared to have a very different face in the video.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3743416;
    She appeared to have a very different face in the video.
    Were you looking at the one being tickled? That wasn't her. And I dispute that it was a 'foot fetish' movie. They were tickling the girl in more places than just her feet.

That was pretty harmless, with neither nudity nor sex.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3743414;
    So what. She was fully clothed, as a nurse, and wasn't the ticklee, who was also fully clothed. Big deal. At least she wasn't filmed nude, depicted being raped and murdered by a snowman, as was another DWTS contestant.

You don't like her; I get that. However, I do like her and admire her attitude and work ethic.
    I hate to ask, but curiousity has the best of me-who?

Joanna doesn't seem to have much to her record yet than posing for Maxim, Playboy, and a fetish movie. I see the pattern, but if it gets her work...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3743450;
    I hate to ask, but curiousity has the best of me-who?

Joanna doesn't seem to have much to her record yet than posing for Maxim, Playboy, and a fetish movie. I see the pattern, but if it gets her work...
    She has acting credits dating back to 1994; they are listed on IMdB. She was the face of one of the cosmetic/skincare brands such as Physician's Formula (maybe not that one specifically) - did magazine advertising for a line of purses, and has done quite a bit of catalog modeling for swimwear companies and lingerie companies. She is a Titan Poker representative.

She replied to someone asking if that was her on their Frederick's of Hollywood catalog that yes, it was her and she has worked for them for the past 5 years. She is very hard working.

In reply to your question: Shannon Elizabeth.

That futuristic Paso was so cool! I'm glad Derek got his credit as a choreographer, that really was quite genius. He's my favorite pro, and has been for quite a long time. And Joanna did great in the dance with him. They were very in sync with each other. I hope it's the encore dance tonight!

That is now one of my favorite dances of all the seasons. Thanks Derek!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3747048;
    That futuristic Paso was so cool! I'm glad Derek got his credit as a choreographer, that really was quite genius. He's my favorite pro, and has been for quite a long time. And Joanna did great in the dance with him. They were very in sync with each other. I hope it's the encore dance tonight!

That is now one of my favorite dances of all the seasons. Thanks Derek!
    It is the encore dance. Her manager tweeted it right after the show ended last night.

Joanna tweeted she felt sick and lightheaded and almost fainted before their Quickstep since she had been too busy to eat and has low blood pressure like her mother (which is generally a plus), but that it got too low. That could also be why she felt her legs were wobbly the morning of a few other performances. She needs to make sure to eat.

That Paso Doble was sheer brilliance, and I would love to see it again.

That so deserved a 30.

I just hate watching her dance with short skirts on. Her legs are terrible when she dances. They aren't graceful, for sure. However, her paso last night was terrific. Make-up did her no favors, but she killed that dance. So while I don't particularly like her, I do have to admit she performed well last night.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3747085;
    That so deserved a 30.
    I strongly disagree. I feel like the only reason the dance got the high score it did was because of Derek's choreography. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the judges be critiquing the STARS, not the PROS? Their comments were all about how brilliant Derek was and what a great interpretation of a future paso it was, etc...which Joanna had nothing to do with. They graded her based on the theatricality and flash of the dance itself. It was a fun dance, don't get me wrong, and I liked Derek's interpretation, but Joanna's execution of the routine wasn't as fantastic. Heck, there was one entire section in the beginning when the judges probably couldn't even see what she was doing, because the stage was dark! I thought that was unfair.

However, I won't mind seeing the dance again for the encore, because, like I said, it was a fun dance.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;3747142;
    Heck, there was one entire section in the beginning when the judges probably couldn't even see what she was doing, because the stage was dark! I thought that was unfair.
    I don't agree. Which seconds of this video do you think they couldn't see? Remember, the judges are a lot closer to the stage than the camera and if I could tell what she was doing, I think they could too, even better.

YouTube - Joanna Krupa & Derek Hough - "Futuristic" Paso Doble

+ Reply to Thread