+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Regular

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3740263;
    I find Joanna to be attractive, and much like other men/women who look perfectly fine and beautiful, don't get why they start messing with their bodies like that. They become almost unrecognizable and like a wax figure. A hotel I used to work at had a guest staying with us, and she probably had a very beautiful face at one time. But you could tell she'd had surgeries, and I don't know what she had done with her mouth, but her lips were half puffy/half flat, and when she talked it really looked like her mouth wasn't moving.

As for Joanna's Playboy spread-from a female's perspective obviously I just think it's not the big deal it once was and that in her case is more for attention and to keep her name out there. But I don't think Joanna has ever done much modeling outside the lingerie Maxim type anyway. And this is probably a boost for votes, which is why I don't really agree with it being released before the finale. Not only that, but I'd be kind of feeling awkward backstage knowing everyone could have seen me in my birthday suit. But if it works for her, whatever. And I realize that's the entire point
    I also think Joanna would be more attractive without the lip augmentation, which is funny since I saw an interview online where she said she hated when women did that to themselves. She probably thinks hers is kept to a minimum, but it's still too much/too obvious, imo.

But I don't see the Playboy spread - which, btw, is not totally nude - doing much to get her votes. It comes too late in the season, it won't get her many votes from DWTS' core demographic, which is older females, and while men will surely ogle, I can't see many picking up the phone to vote, can you?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3740249;
    "Do you like those big bazooms on that girl over there?"
    "What girl over there?"
    Right??
    Ashton Kutcher said he loves to attend fashion shows and has learned to say, "Oh, I love the way the shoulder of that dress is cut!" as an excuse to study the model. He admitted he could care less about fashion. Of course now Demi is on to him.

FORT Fanatic

TV guide focussed on the controversial Mambo bob, and seeing it on this video is disturbing.

Top Moments: The Drapers Spar, Racers Cry, Dancers Get Dirty and More! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

It was disturbing enough during their pair dance and worse to see it again in the group dance. I'm hoping never to see it again by any dancers ever, anywhere. It should have gone the route of the fortunately axed wig plan.

ETA: There may be appropriate venues for such, but it's not what I expect to see on ABC, especially during primetime.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3740461;
    It was disturbing enough during their pair dance and worse to see it again in the group dance. I'm hoping never to see it again by any dancers ever, anywhere. It should have gone the route of the fortunately axed wig plan.

ETA: There may be appropriate venues for such, but it's not what I expect to see on ABC, especially during primetime.
    I personally found it the opposite of "sexy."

It just looked very painful for her and I started saying out loud--"Make it stop!"

Which I almost never do while watching Derek and any partner of his dance.

FORT Fanatic

To me it kind of fit her and her trashy look.

I had not ever heard of this woman until she was on that Superstar show. Wonder what ABC show she will pop up on next?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3740459;
    TV guide focussed on the controversial Mambo bob, and seeing it on this video is disturbing.

Top Moments: The Drapers Spar, Racers Cry, Dancers Get Dirty and More! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    I am not sure just how I missed that one, but I am glad that I did. There is sensual dancing which intimates and is beautiful, and then there is blatant which is lewd and often disgusting. That is a typical, off-putting move which I found in the online lambadas - moves which are too raw for my enjoyment and pleasure.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Ms Krupa appeared on the cover of Playboy in July, 2005. Here is a "safe" link to view that cover: Amazon.com: 2005 Joanna Krupa/Karina Lombard "L Word" Playboy magazine: Everything Else.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was actually shocked the judges gave the win to Derek/Joanna on that alone. Not only did it just look plain nasty but I would think it killed Joanna's neck and back. I've seen some of the entertainment shows mocking that, and how quick it looked that the judges gave them the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3740560;
    I personally found it the opposite of "sexy."

It just looked very painful for her
    and I started saying out loud--"Make it stop!"

Which I almost never do while watching Derek and any partner of his dance.
    Not only that, but I thought it was degrading (and that was before the time that Derek placed her head right in front of his crotch). I guess Joanna didn't think it was degrading, or she would have refused to perform that move even once, not 3 times.

Regardless of any suggestive or disrespectful content, I thought it looked like a ridiculous dance move.

At least we already know who will win at the Limbo, if it is added this season.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread