+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3731451;
    That is not going to happen. Maks will be very professional tonight and Joanna will be very appreciative of him.
    I agree, Peach.... I don't know whether Derek and Maks are particularly friends, but they are professional colleagues who work together. Even if he were petty enough to be so inclined to shaft Derek that way, Maks would have to face Derek and the other pro dancers as well as the producers and crew who would all know what he did and why. His action would also ripple out and reflect on his professional reputation in the world of ballroom dance.

If Joanna is going to get eliminated, it would behoove Maks for such an action to happen while Joanna is with her regular partner.

I believe that Maks will give it the best that he has tonight.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3731519;
    I was so impressed with Maks. He's a fanastic athlete, and he supported his partner wonderfully and vice versa.

Joanna showed a very poor attitude and zero sportsmanship. It's too bad she elected to do that show first and then this one. I think she might have had more support had folks not witnessed her awful behavior on Superstars.
    Even if I hadn't seen Joanna prior to this show, I would at the very least find her boring. Of course I think she's got no reason to cause drama and scream 'you call yourself a dancer?!' because she has Derek. I guess if she's with a winning teammate she can better keep her attitude and manners in check. I was really impressed with that climbing challenge, because Maks has made no secret he's scared of heights. He mentioned at the beginning of this season he didn't like the boys opening number because they had to come down from the ceiling.

I think Derek and Maks are pretty good friends. For the most part, I think all the pros get along and are friends, though some are closer than others.

Maks seems really excited about the Michael Jackson tribute tomorrow. He said he choreographed the middle half, and all the pros dance at the end to Thriller.

Premium Member

Maks, Joanna and Kelly before the show, compliments of Chelsie

Last edited by paridy; 10-19-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3731519;
    Joanna showed a very poor attitude and zero sportsmanship. It's too bad she elected to do that show first and then this one. I think she might have had more support had folks not witnessed her awful behavior on Superstars.
    You must have missed my beginning of the season post with info from inside ABC NY about that show. Not all was as it appeared to be, according to the person I talked to. I short, I was told that Joanna played the role and character that ABC hoped for, given that they knew, but she did not, that TO was never going to stay for the entire show taping.

In any event, that has nothing at all to do with how I view her dance performance on DWTS. I give Kelly O. the same consideration, given that I intend to strongly support her mother's deportation if she is charged with and convicted of assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3731619;
    You must have missed my beginning of the season post with info from inside ABC NY about that show. Not all was as it appeared to be, according to the person I talked to. I short, I was told that Joanna played the role and character that ABC hoped for, given that they knew, but she did not, that TO was never going to stay for the entire show taping.

In any event, that has nothing at all to do with how I view her dance performance on DWTS. I give Kelly O. the same consideration, given that I intend to strongly support her mother's deportation if she is charged with and convicted of assault.
    Oh, I remember your post. I just didn't appreciate her spewing of "F" bombs and her behavior. If that is what ABC wanted then they are to blame for her lack of support, which of course has nothing to do with her dance ability.

I discovered quickly that this show really is about popularity, so having her act out the "b*tch" role on Superstars did her no favors on this show if that was in fact acting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3731627;
    Oh, I remember your post. I just didn't appreciate her spewing of "F" bombs and her behavior. If that is what ABC wanted then they are to blame for her lack of support, which of course has nothing to do with her dance ability.

I discovered quickly that this show really is about popularity, so having her act out the "b*tch" role on Superstars did her no favors on this show if that was in fact acting.
    She showed enough of her attitude in interviews, which have nothing to do with editing on reality shows. She seemed proud of being the diva until she got cast on this show (which, as you pointed, has to do with popularity). And lucky for her she got the most popular pro with the judges. I'm not sure she'd be having the same luck with someone else, which may bring her foul mouthed little temper out.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3731627;
    Oh, I remember your post. ...
    My apologies. My comment should have been to you via PM, since I didn't intend to open a public dialogue.

Premium Member

Oops seems my picture isn't working here it is again.

FORT Fogey

I am dumbfounded how these two are still here. She is wooden and has the personality of a piece of wood. Derek is so annoying, I guess I am the only one that thinks this lol. He constantly mugs for the camera, and I thought he was literally going to push Maks off the set the other day when Samantha was talking to him and Joanna after their dance. These two just seem too full of themselves for my liking. A real shame they outlasted Natalie and Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3733685;
    I am dumbfounded how these two are still here. She is wooden and has the personality of a piece of wood. Derek is so annoying, I guess I am the only one that thinks this lol. He constantly mugs for the camera, and I thought he was literally going to push Maks off the set the other day when Samantha was talking to him and Joanna after their dance. These two just seem too full of themselves for my liking. A real shame they outlasted Natalie and Alec.
    I'm not sure what you know about ballroom dancing, but in my opinion as one with a few decades background, Joanna appears to be proving rather competent and a quick study. Her routines have consistently been above 50% in level of difficulty and generally very well executed. While I lament Natalie's departure, Johanna and Dererk are no where near the bottom in either performance or pair potential, imo.
    Last edited by Peacheater; 10-22-2009 at 09:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread