+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Joanna Krupa - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3730543;
    You can say that again!

Joanna was originally just rehearsing with Maks because Derek has the flu, but now he'll be performing with her on Monday night. I don't know if Derek is 100% yet, but its probably easier than him coming in a few days before the live show and having to learn the group dance (hey, I wonder if we'll get to see Maks hustle!), the dance off dance, and their AT routine. As the pro, and being Derek, he could probably pull it off. If he had to he could likely make steps up as he went along and just lifted Joanna in the air with some fancy lifts.
    I can understand where as a professional Derek might want to jump back in as quickly as he possibly can, but it is highly possible to suffer from a relapse from the flu, especially with a high temp like he was sporting.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3730579;
    I can understand where as a professional Derek might want to jump back in as quickly as he possibly can, but it is highly possible to suffer from a relapse from the flu, especially with a high temp like he was sporting.
    Given the fact that they've lost celebrities due to injuries in the past, I don't think the producers would want to risk Derek infecting the rest of the cast and having a week where everyone needs a break. Although it'd be an interesting way to determine the winner. Last one not bed ridden wins.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3730617;=
    Last one not bed ridden wins.

OMG thank you for the laugh! Haven't laughed in over 10 days or so (amazing what a 4 day stay in the hospital and thisclose to a stroke/heart attack will do to one's sense of humor....)

I am looking forward to tonight's show - just for Maks! This hasn't been my favorite season and I almost didn't watch because there was no one I liked as a celebrity enough to want to. But watched anyway due to lack of anything else on. And after all, looking at Maks IS entertainment (and fantasy and ....)

I don't like Joanna at all - and that opinion is formed without never had knowing anything about her at all beforehand. (who the heck IS she anyway?) Dereck annoys me mostly - although I do think he can choreograph and dance quite well.

Maks is a legend all unto himself and when he's really on - it's such a treat watching him dance. The boy has got moves (not to mention looks and a body to go with it). If I met him in person though, I'd probably want to flail him within minutes.

Will be interesting tonight.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Well, rehearsal footage should be interesting. Maks is Maks. Either you love him or you don't, but he is what he is. I for one adore him and will be happy to see him dance.

I do wish a speedy recovery for Derek, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3731236;
    OMG thank you for the laugh! Haven't laughed in over 10 days or so (amazing what a 4 day stay in the hospital and thisclose to a stroke/heart attack will do to one's sense of humor....)

I am looking forward to tonight's show - just for Maks! This hasn't been my favorite season and I almost didn't watch because there was no one I liked as a celebrity enough to want to. But watched anyway due to lack of anything else on. And after all, looking at Maks IS entertainment (and fantasy and ....)

I don't like Joanna at all - and that opinion is formed without never had knowing anything about her at all beforehand. (who the heck IS she anyway?) Dereck annoys me mostly - although I do think he can choreograph and dance quite well.

Maks is a legend all unto himself and when he's really on - it's such a treat watching him dance. The boy has got moves (not to mention looks and a body to go with it). If I met him in person though, I'd probably want to flail him within minutes.

Will be interesting tonight.
    A speedy recovery to you.

That's the thing about Maks. He can be the bad boy. Lots of people like "the bad boy", but that doesn't float my boat at all. However, when Maks is "on", he is the total package - a fantastic, good-looking dancer who oozes presence and charisma. Regardless of who his partner is - if she has any ability - they have chemistry.

It will be interesting to see what he does tonight with Joanna. I will be surprised if he lets Derek down.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I stopped watching this show a couple of weeks ago, round about the time Maks was eliminated because it's just so boring this season and the judging is more biased than normal.

But reading in an online gossip mag that Derek is out temporarily and Maks is back to dance with Joanna? Has me coming back to watch this one episode just to see if Maks finally puts this woman in her place. I'm hoping for extreme fireworks and then she's voted out. That would make my whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3731442;
    I stopped watching this show a couple of weeks ago, round about the time Maks was eliminated because it's just so boring this season and the judging is more biased than normal.

But reading in an online gossip mag that Derek is out temporarily and Maks is back to dance with Joanna? Has me coming back to watch this one episode just to see if Maks finally puts this woman in her place. I'm hoping for extreme fireworks and then she's voted out. That would make my whole day.
    That is not going to happen. Maks will be very professional tonight and Joanna will be very appreciative of him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3731442;

I have to agree it is a boring and biased season, but since DWTS has always been my must see Monday, its hard to tune out. Besides, I'm getting some joy in rooting against Aaron and hoping for his downfall this week. My dream would be for Maks/Joanna to score better for their tango and Aaron to get booted. I do think that there won't be fireworks, sadly, simply because Maks is Derek's friend and this isn't technically his partner. But maybe the show asked Maks to fill in for that reason. After all, she said she was cast for the drama and so far is just another boring personality blending in. Of course, Joanna did say she was glad she didn't get Maks as a partner. Add that to Aaron's comments about the set having better energy with Maks being gone, and Louie's dig at Aaron last week, maybe it'll be an interesting episode.

Get well soon!

I was one of those who wasn't thrilled with what I saw of Maks' attitude in earlier seasons. That changed by 180 degrees when I watched him on Superstars. He was competitive enough to win it with his pro, but he was unfailingly charming, showed good sportsmanship throughout, never complained, and openly allowed the viewers to see his fear of heights and how he worked to overcome it on the climbing event.

In other words, the complete opposite of Joanna on that show. But, at least he knows exactly what he's getting with her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3731502;
    I was one of those who wasn't thrilled with what I saw of Maks' attitude in earlier seasons. That changed by 180 degrees when I watched him on Superstars. He was competitive enough to win it with his pro, but he was unfailingly charming, showed good sportsmanship throughout, never complained, and openly allowed the viewers to see his fear of heights and how he worked to overcome it on the climbing event.

In other words, the complete opposite of Joanna on that show. But, at least he knows exactly what he's getting with her.
    I was so impressed with Maks. He's a fanastic athlete, and he supported his partner wonderfully and vice versa.

Joanna showed a very poor attitude and zero sportsmanship. It's too bad she elected to do that show first and then this one. I think she might have had more support had folks not witnessed her awful behavior on Superstars.

+ Reply to Thread