Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Donny Osmond - Season 9

Donny Osmond

PROFESSION:
    Singer, actor, TV presenter

BACKGROUND:
    We all watched his sister Marie advance to third place in Season 5 of DWTS. Now it's big brother's turn to slip on the dance shoes.

Donny Osmond won the hearts of millions after racking up hits like "Puppy Love," "One Bad Apple" and "Soldier Of Love," as both a member of the Osmonds and as a solo artist. With his sister (and Dancing with the Stars alumna) Marie, they became the youngest co-hosts in prime time history on the iconic ABC variety series Donny & Marie.

Additionally, Osmond was the singing voice of Captain Li Shang in Disney's 1998 animated feature Mulan. He also starred opposite Martin Lawrence and Raven-Symone in the Disney comedy College Road Trip.

Donny and Marie are currently performing at the Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel through 2012. For nearly five decades, Donny Osmond has been a singer, musician, Broadway and film actor, talk show and game show host, best-selling author, and even a champion race car driver.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Keep the smelling salts handy! Donny, Donny, Donny! What can we say, we have seen it all we just need to know how far you can fake it, oops I mean make it on the dance floor! Surprise us! Big Donny Smile!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Someone brought up in another thread that Donny isn't all the tall, and he's paired with Kym (one of the tallest female pros on the show). Either way, I'm so thrilled for Kym and hope this is finally her season, because it may be awhile for her to get another worthy partner. I hope she's not up against Derek in the final 2 again, she doesn't have much luck beating the Houghs (though personally I think she and Warren should have won over Brooke). As long as they don't do the Donny overload, they're my favorites to win! But I don't think he's a lock just yet.

I love Donny Osmond. I liked Marie her season and I hope he does well this season.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My first love so I am absolutely giddy that he is going to be on here! And I like Kym too so this will be great!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Sorry, Donny fans, but I can't resist pointing out that the dude is totally wearing a rug! Not that I have anything against rugs, but it's nice when they're good ones.

He's probably cute bald, but I guess a bald Donny is more than a lot those who loved him when they were teeny boppers could deal with. After all, none of us like getting old.

Trust me, I know. It was my 40 year high school reunion this year. I didn't go, but I was amazed at how many people I didn't recognize in the pictures, and they were people I was really close to.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Regular

So happy for Kym

Rug or no rug, I still love Donny.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3670527;
    Sorry, Donny fans, but I can't resist pointing out that the dude is totally wearing a rug!
    Thanks, Miss_Griss; now when I see him all I can focus on is the rug on top of the five-head. He always did have a rather large noggin, didn't he? :-)

Noooooooooooooooo! No, no, no. I can't believe that there is someone dancing this season that I want to see less than I want to see Tom DeLay, but there is. Please, please, please let him be first out. Please. And more importantly, please don't let this be link two in an endless chain of Osmonds grinning their smarmy way across my favourite dance floor.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast