+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3709635;
    I thought Donny was great too! He was so excited, it was nice to see. He seemed sincerely thrilled to be part of this, and took the judge's comments in a positive way being the professional that he is. I could only get through on the phone once.
    I voted on the website - worked great! Go Donny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3710170;
    I've not been an especially big fan of Donny's singing--but I loved his dancing work on Tuesday night and I especially loved his enthusiasm. It's great to see that in a show biz veteran who, having worked in entertainment most of his life, could be forgiven for NOT being enthusiastic.
    I was never a fan of his singing either growing up and I am his same age and from Utah. But, several years ago I saw him in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and I was totally blown away by his singing. The song "Close Every Door" right before intermission was spine-tingling (in a good way). I did not know he could sing that well. I can see why when he auditioned for Joseph, that Andrew Lloyd Webber asked him where he had been hiding that voice. Seeing Donny in that production totally changed my opinion of his singing. Unfortunately, the pop songs (and probably his Vegas act) do not showcase his voice like this Joseph musical did.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3709794;
    and that's why i've adored him for 30+ years
    Me too!!!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I always thought he had a beautiful voice. (sigh) It always made me melt. Me and countless others!

I sort of dropped out of Osmond-mania in the late 70s. About 5 years ago, I decided to get a "Best of" CD of theirs. I never really appreciated what an incredible voice Merrill had. They always had such great harmonies. I wish they could have taken their 50th anniversary tour in the US (besides Las Vegas).

Quote Originally Posted by idol2fan;3710313;
    I was never a fan of his singing either growing up and I am his same age and from Utah. But, several years ago I saw him in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and I was totally blown away by his singing. The song "Close Every Door" right before intermission was spine-tingling (in a good way). I did not know he could sing that well. I can see why when he auditioned for Joseph, that Andrew Lloyd Webber asked him where he had been hiding that voice. Seeing Donny in that production totally changed my opinion of his singing. Unfortunately, the pop songs (and probably his Vegas act) do not showcase his voice like this Joseph musical did.
    I've been a fan since I was 5...and I went to see him in Joseph, but he was out for about a month with laryngitis and Sam something (??) filled in for him. I was devastated to not see him.

But I finally got to see him in concert when he did the "This is the Moment" CD. (One of my all-time fave CDs.)

OMG.....he held a note while singing the title track for what seemed like eons and I melted into a giant puddle of goo.
    About a year later he toured again for his "Somewhere in Time" CD and I got to see him again. After the show, you could stand in line for an autograph. DH had to hold me up my legs were jelly.
    It was April of 02 and he was so gorgeous in a black turtleneck and jeans.

He's just such a good, decent guy, even though he's a major cornball.
    Love him to pieces.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

you've seen him twice?? i'm so JEALOUS!!! i have yet to see him even once!

FORT Fanatic

Moving to this thread:

I'm not sure Donny is going to win this at all. Today a douche-bag move Access Hollywood says he's been working with a Ballroom coach for a year for his Vegas act. Is Donny just an Osmond, or is he above the rules of the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3711101;
    Moving to this thread:

I'm not sure Donny is going to win this at all. Today a douche-bag move Access Hollywood says he's been working with a Ballroom coach for a year for his Vegas act. Is Donny just an Osmond, or is he above the rules of the show?
    He's not a shoe in to win, no one is. Several of the women were better than Donny but he's still very good.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3711101;
    ...Today a douche-bag move Access Hollywood says he's been working with a Ballroom coach for a year for his Vegas act. Is Donny just an Osmond, or is he above the rules of the show?
    i saw that and wondered how is that against the rules?

Well I don't know if it's a rule with any consequences attached to it, but supposedly, the premise of the show is that while the celebrities may have other kinds of dance experience, they are supposed to not have any ballroom experience. But I would bet a lot of celebrities panic and seek out a ballroom instructor in the weeks before rehearsals start. I know I would do it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread