+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypants;3708386;
    Did Donny kick some butt last night, or what?! I'm so excited for him - he makes you feel that way due to his sincerity and sense of humour.

I also loved the fact that he's a little bit shy of the close holds in ballroom dancing - that's kinda sweet, even in a man his age.

He'll do well though, I know it.

It was also very nice to see Jermaine sitting beside Marie (I thought the Osmonds and Jackson 5 were arch-rivals during the late 60's/early 70's?) LOL
    Donny did very well last night. He will continue to do well.

Jermaine Jackson sitting next to Marie, what a pleasant surprise!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I always thought the Osmonds and Jacksons were somewhat rivals, but not in a bad way. Donny and Michael were at least casual friends. They had pretty similar backgrounds with being part of large families with incredible musical talent.

I have to add that I did not think that was Marie next to Jermaine. Maybe I didn't get a good look, but she looked like she's aged quite a bit. She looked very drawn. Maybe it was the hairstyle.

One more thing to add: I just read that since they know sign language (due to their 2 oldest brothers' deafness), after his first dance, Marie signed to him that he did great, but he should smile more.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 09-22-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Go Donny/Kym! Screw you Len! Nothing seemed to please Mr. Cranky Pants last night. Where were all these harsh criticisms and low scores when Cloris and Susan were on? I thought they did great and I'm hoping these two go for the win. Kym is one of my favorite pros and I find her underrated. These two are going to be a fun pair to watch.

I thought Donny was great too! He was so excited, it was nice to see. He seemed sincerely thrilled to be part of this, and took the judge's comments in a positive way being the professional that he is. I could only get through on the phone once.

Who is John Galt?

I thought Donny was probably the best of the bunch overall, followed by Nick Carter and Mark Dascascos. I haven't seen the gals yet, so I'll reserve judgment on who might be in the finals. But those were the top three. I've always like Donny Osmond. He and his sister were kinda corny, but very cute. He seems like a charming, down to earth guy who really enjoys being on the show.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3709691;
    ...He seems like a charming, down to earth guy who really enjoys being on the show.
    and that's why i've adored him for 30+ years

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Jimmy Kimmell says he's placed a bet that Donny will win it all. He says he bet Gilles would win last year, and of course, he didn't (but should have). Donny really has no competition amongst the guys, except for Aaron and Mark. Louie and Chuck are very entertaining and have a great personality, but eventually their time will come. Donny has both bases covered. With the women I'll be curious how he'll stack up. But I'm not worried, he'll bring it, and he's got a great pro to work with. I look forward to watching him all season, and hope he takes the mirror ball in the end. Kym looked a little nervous tonight. She probably thought she and Donny would be called safe right off the bat, since it'd be obvious.

Kimmell, if he doesn't win, I'm blaming you!

FORT Fogey

I've not been an especially big fan of Donny's singing--but I loved his dancing work on Tuesday night and I especially loved his enthusiasm. It's great to see that in a show biz veteran who, having worked in entertainment most of his life, could be forgiven for NOT being enthusiastic.

That he is not jaded and is in fact excited about this new endeavor says a lot about him as a person IMO.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i can't stand adam corolla, but i loved "you're 51 years old! when are we going to start calling you DON?"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3710184;
    i can't stand adam corolla, but i loved "you're 51 years old! when are we going to start calling you DON?"
    Too funny! Thanks for sharing that!

I'll bet Donny is in heaven right now. He hasn't enjoyed this much adoration in probably 30 years. Good for him! I agree about his enthusiam being refreshing.

+ Reply to Thread