+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3757886;
    I think that a lot of people who were Donny fans when he was a "teen heart throb" now have an entirely different--and much more adult appreciation of him after seeing that tango he did with Kym.
    Hee...I've had that appreciation of him for a long time!!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Kym has come up in favor with me since she was paired with Joey. I thought she let Joey get too full of himself, and I believe that cost them the win. I also feel like both Karina and Mario got too full of themselves costing them the win. America is not so tolerant of overzealous egos on these types of shows. Just ask Adam Lambert.

Anyway, since being paired with Joey, Kym has proven herself to be humble and patient. Poor woman had both Billy Ray Cyrus and Jerry Springer. Only thing that would have tested her patience more would have been Master P. I really have become a fan of hers, and I'm thrilled for her.

I'm also thrilled for Donny. He is a class act who always keeps his ego in check. He works hard and was never smug or ego maniacal. I respect him even more now. This is by far my favorite winning pair ever on this show.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;3758238;
    Kym has come up in favor with me since she was paired with Joey. I thought she let Joey get too full of himself, and I believe that cost them the win. I also feel like both Karina and Mario got too full of themselves costing them the win. America is not so tolerant of overzealous egos on these types of shows. Just ask Adam Lambert.

Anyway, since being paired with Joey, Kym has proven herself to be humble and patient. Poor woman had both Billy Ray Cyrus and Jerry Springer. Only thing that would have tested her patience more would have been Master P. I really have become a fan of hers, and I'm thrilled for her.

I'm also thrilled for Donny. He is a class act who always keeps his ego in check. He works hard and was never smug or ego maniacal. I respect him even more now. This is by far my favorite winning pair ever on this show.
    Ummmmm...didn't Karina have Billy Ray Cyrus?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Karina did have Billy Ray. Kym has had Jerry Springer (bad dancer, begged to be voted off, but a decent placement), Joey Fatone, Mark Cuban, Penn Jillette (1st ones eliminated), Warren Sapp (should have won), and DAG (big baby and she had to stand there and listen to his tantrums to the press). But through it all, Kym's always kept that smile on her face and even with the worst partner with 2 left feet, managed to try and choreograph something to their strengths while hiding their weaknesses and try and make it entertaining for both the judges an crowd. Kym has a cute picture on her twitter (her account is kym_johnson) where she says 'finally getting some rest' and the picture is her sleeping next to her trophy

What a great opportunity, too, for her to get to go to Broadway. She and Maks start tonight!
    Last edited by karalott; 11-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3758283;
    Karina did have Billy Ray. Kym has had Jerry Springer (bad dancer, begged to be voted off, but a decent placement), Joey Fatone, Mark Cuban, Penn Jillette (1st ones eliminated), Warren Sapp (should have won), and DAG (big baby and she had to stand there and listen to his tantrums to the press). But through it all, Kym's always kept that smile on her face and even with the worst partner with 2 left feet, managed to try and choreograph something to their strengths while hiding their weaknesses and try and make it entertaining for both the judges an crowd. Kym has a cute picture on her twitter (her account is kym_johnson) where she says 'finally getting some rest' and the picture is her sleeping next to her trophy

What a great opportunity, too, for her to get to go to Broadway. She and Maks start tonight!
    One reason I adore Kym is her graciousness with whatever partner she's given. (As well as her ability to choreograph to their strengths.) I remember how witchy Karina acted with Billy Ray. (Who admittedly, didn't appear to give it his all.) Even with DAG, one of the least likeable contestants for me on the show, she never showed attitude. She was the perfect partner for Donny, who in my opinion, showed equal class.

When the rumors were circulating that Donny was going to follow Marie and do DWTS's, I cringed. I swore I wouldn't watch it. Then I found out Kelly was going to be on the same show, so I caved. Sure glad I did. While Donny never became my 'favorite', I gained respect for the guy. At the end, I was rooting for him to win over Mya. He did work is tail off and he really seemed to enjoy himself while doing it. He always treated Kym with respect and kept his wife in mind when doing racier dances. I guess I'm saying, I grew to like him.

As many posters have said, him and Kym handled their win with maturity and grace. It didn't seem like they were rubbing it in anyone's faces. Refreshing! And Kym....you know she was thrilled and excited, but she let Donny have the moment. And Donny didn't ignore her. Classy...the best word to describe the pair of them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3758302;
    When the rumors were circulating that Donny was going to follow Marie and do DWTS's, I cringed. I swore I wouldn't watch it. Then I found out Kelly was going to be on the same show, so I caved. Sure glad I did. While Donny never became my 'favorite', I gained respect for the guy. At the end, I was rooting for him to win over Mya. He did work is tail off and he really seemed to enjoy himself while doing it. He always treated Kym with respect and kept his wife in mind when doing racier dances. I guess I'm saying, I grew to like him.

As many posters have said, him and Kym handled their win with maturity and grace. It didn't seem like they were rubbing it in anyone's faces. Refreshing! And Kym....you know she was thrilled and excited, but she let Donny have the moment. And Donny didn't ignore her. Classy...the best word to describe the pair of them.

He worked more than his tail off. In seeing the photos and video being run from the beginning of the season--wow--even his face is leaner. He lost weight all over and is now a leaner and "meaner" dancin' machine.

What a great role model for "older men."

(If anyone does happen to see any info on how much weight he lost--could you post it here? I'd like to present it to some men I know who seem to be full of "excuses" for why they look the way they do and who need a kick in the ole glutes.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3758407;

(If anyone does happen to see any info on how much weight he lost--could you post it here? I'd like to present it to some men I know who seem to be full of "excuses" for why they look the way they do and who need a kick in the ole glutes.....)
    I read somewhere (can't recall) that he lost 20 lbs. I have a hard time believing it was only 20, but, he may have firmed up and you know what they say about muscle weighing more than flab.

Happy Birthday, Donny!!

52 and still teriffic!

That's right, it is today. I remembered it was in December but had forgotten the date.

+ Reply to Thread