+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3755479;
    The stuff about Donny's managers is all true, however, that happened way back in the 80's after the Osmond craze and his heyday. He also married young, at 21, which never fares well with teenyboppers who will move on to the next teen star when the "fantasy" fades away.
    I also remember the stuff in the 80s. But the one thing I'd like to point out is that Donny refused to go along with the idea about getting caught with drugs. Wouldn't it be nice if more celebs would quit doing idiotic things just to get publicity?

I never seem to have enough time to add DWTS to my list of shows to watch, but I'm hoping to catch it tonight and tomorrow, and also to throw as many votes to Donny that I can. I'd love for him to be the winner!

I actually think there's a strong probability he could win the coveted mirror ball!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy;3755420;
    For whatever reason, I think the judges really are harder on Donny than they are on either of the two women. With Mya, I kind of understand. She actually is technically the best, if as interesting as watching paint dry. However, Kelly is not as good, technically, as Donny generally is, and it seems like they are grading them both on a Cinderella curve. (Now starring Donny as the Ugly Stepfather?)
    Donny is technically better than Kelly, but his fatal flaw is his age and fitness. He gets tired on nights where he has to do more than one dance, and the stuff being choreographed for him takes a lot of energy to make it all look smooth, and not like a tired middle-aged guy trying to boogie down.

(I'm not knocking him, I'd rather he win over Mya -- it's just an observation)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I agree with the previous sentiment posted that it will be Mya 1st, Donny 2nd and Kelly 3rd. I'll be surprised if Mya doesn't get solid 30s for everything she does. I would just love for Donny (and Kelly too, for that matter) to get at least one perfect 10 tonight (30 would be better!), just as a solid attaboy for the monumental effort he's made this season. I'm not counting him out entirely, but I think he's got some really imposing odds against him. All this from someone who never expected to be rooting for Donny Osmond to win anything, or even expected to enjoy his performance. I've thoroughly enjoyed him this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kym's strength is the freestyle, and I think Donny may stand a good chance there. Len is my only hope of Mya not making a clean sweep. Unlike Kristi and Brooke, he has at least been critical of her and not as in love as CA and Bruno. So he may keep some sense of sanity and score her where he thinks she should be in terms of ability. I can only hope, even for a pro like her, that maybe 4 dances will take its toll. I can also hope that, for suspense sake, the judges maybe try and make the scoring a little even. Tomorrow when they do the repeat dance solely for the judges scores will probably be telling as to where everyone stood with the audience vote and who they're aiming for (as if that's not already obvious).

It's the last hurrah, so I can hope Donny pulls it off. He's done his fans proud, and I have certainly enjoyed him and Kym all season. She doesn't get the credit she deserves, and she's overdue that MBT.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3755656;
    the stuff being choreographed for him takes a lot of energy to make it all look smooth, and not like a tired middle-aged guy trying to boogie down.

(I'm not knocking him, I'd rather he win over Mya -- it's just an observation)
    That's what the botox is for! Watched him on Larry King Live Friday night and I swear the muscles in his forehead and cheeks have less movement than his wax effigy at Madame Tussaud's.

Still, anybody but Mya: she has all the sincerity of a three-dollar bill.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3722042;
    Yeah, you are probably right - nobody's as big a Ham as Bruno (but his antics and what he says crack me up).
    Seeing Bruno in that rehearsal clip was quite a revelation. What a tidy sexy body he has.

I would love to see him dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3756332;
    Seeing Bruno in that rehearsal clip was quite a revelation. What a tidy sexy body he has.

I would love to see him dance.
    There are some videos of him dancing on youtube; most somewhat old, IIRC. One was an Elton John video.

But I know what you mean, it would be nice to see Bruno (and Len) dancing recently (not together, lol). Notice that I left a name out.

I love Bruno!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3756336;
    There are some videos of him dancing on youtube; most somewhat old, IIRC. One was an Elton John video.

But I know what you mean, it would be nice to see Bruno (and Len) dancing recently (not together, lol). Notice that I left a name out.

I love Bruno!
    I would enjoy seeing all of the judges dance.

Now, we have been pretty hard on Carrie Ann, but I finally got to see last night's show, and I was impressed with her "coaching" of Kelly. Although Kelly didn't word it as such, it was a revelatory moment for her when Carrie Ann both showed her how to look Louie in the eyes and then fired off that series of sensual questions that were intended to put Kelly in the sexual frame of mind that is necessary for that dance.

Personally, an experienced female dancer ( and obviously Carrie Ann had that particular experience) who can explain the necessary mindset and body position is what each female contestant on this show needs.

While I am at it, I was impressed with Louie's "acting" skills as well. Until someone told me earlier this season that Louis had a male life partner, I didn't realize that particular aspect about him, yet in that rehearsal he was so in full character that he was figuratively looking at Kelly like he could eat her up.

Back to Bruno....we always make fun of Bruno's flamboyant mannerisms while judging, but I felt like he was quite good with Donny as well. Immediately, Bruno said that he had little time which set the mood as serious and down to business.
    He further set the motivation when he told Donny in no uncertain terms that he wanted Donny to win it on his skills and not only on popularity. He then began to work on strengthening Donny's worst skills.
    Bruno came up in my estimation.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

YAY DOnny!!!!

+ Reply to Thread