+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

To the Point

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3717739;
    Thank you for the spelling correction - not sure how I missed that.
    As for the ego, I appreciate the information. We never really know these people, do we?
    But before I decide that Donny is a fake, and what we see is an act, I would need to know more about the source. He seems pretty real to me.
    Let me preface this by saying...I really haven't watched this season and have just skimmed the forums, but this discussion just caught my eye. My comments really are not specific to Donny, just people in general.

Quite honestly, unless there are numerous reports of EGO from numerous sources, I suggest they always be taken with a shaker of salt. It's easy to sit at home and judge someone based on a report from somebody the person in question worked with, however, I am sure that everyone has at least one or two people in their lives with whom they have dealt that would give a negative report when it comes to having a good working relationship. Not all personalities mix. I think we way too often forget this.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 10-07-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3720213;
    Hamming it up was probably an understatment. Even Derek said it was flashbacks to Cloris, who also never knew when it was too much. I'm not really sure if Derek has room to talk about someone else being hammy, but I believe it was a very awkward moment for all. Tom looked at a loss for words. Poor Kym looked so confused.

I still like Donny/Kym (mainly Kym), but hopefully he can keep the theatrics short. I wish there was a rule about the judges table: no using it for the dances, and no running up to give kisses, high fives, sit in laps, put your leg on the table, or give hugs.
    Derek should talk, he's another ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3720275;
    Was it only pretend???
    I think he did kiss Bruno but was it on the lips or cheek? Whatever, it was done in fun. I didn't find it embarrassing at all, not one bit but it was surprising.

Questioning DO's sexuality, not me.........I don't question it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3720872;
    I think he did kiss Bruno but was it on the lips or cheek? Whatever, it was done in fun. I didn't find it embarrassing at all, not one bit but it was surprising.

Questioning DO's sexuality, not me.........I don't question it at all.
    None of it bothered me, either. Nor do I question Donny's sexuality. He's been married to the same woman for more than 30 years and has five children.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Donny is a man comfortable in his own skin. He had to over come social anxiety disorder, which plagued him while he was starring in Joseph and the Amazing coat on Broadway. He's overcome anxiety attacks about being on stage in front of a crowd, so for him to even be on this show is an amazing thing in and of itself.

He doesn't take himself too seriously, and he's having fun. I love how he stands at judges table and takes in the good and bad criticism and tries to do better. I think he's representing us baby boomers pretty darn well.

I had no problem with Donny's antics. This show so often goes over the top as it is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It's not about his sexuality. Ihe Donny/Bruno thing wasn’t all that funny and it went on too long. Another Osmond desperate for all the screen time they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3719885;
    I stand corrected. Based upon his egregious display of showboating last night, he is quite fully as repugnant as Marie.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3720910;
    None of it bothered me, either. Nor do I question Donny's sexuality. He's been married to the same woman for more than 30 years and has five children.
    Yes...he and Debbie have been married for 31 years. She's been there every week, though I didn't spot her this week.
    They've got five sons and a two grandkids, too.

And to my recollection, Donny has not regularly performed in Branson with his brothers. Maybe a guest appearance here and there....but I could be wrong.

I guess some people get the Osmonds.....and some don't.
    I feel sorry for those that don't. I find them entertaining and refreshing amongst most of Hollywood's trash.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3721098;
    It's not about his sexuality. Ihe Donny/Bruno thing wasn’t all that funny and it went on too long. Another Osmond desperate for all the screen time they can get.

99% of the stars that go on DWTS are either trying to revive their careers, get some publicity, promote their cds or something. This includes the guest stars on elimination night.

Who is John Galt?

There was nothing "sexual" about Donny's over-the-top antics with Bruno. Donny is a ham and I guess he thought that was funny. I think it embarrassed Bruno and didn't do Donny any favors with the voters. All that being said, though, I like Donny and always have. Their is an earnestness about him that I find refreshing. He has been in show business nearly all his life and I guess the saying "life is a stage" is true in his case. I do find him to be one of the better dancers but he has a way to go. I'd love to see Kym win this, but don't know if Donny is the ticket to the mirror ball trophy.

+ Reply to Thread