+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

I don't think Donny is egotistical at all, he's very down to earth, loves to have fun and seems to be easy going. Don't think he has a big head either (size).

While performing, he does seem to ham it up just a little too much. Comes from being on Broadway?
    Last edited by graycat11; 10-06-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3719885;
    I stand corrected. Based upon his egregious display of showboating last night, he is quite fully as repugnant as Marie.
    I think you just don't like DO.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3719947;
    I think you just don't like DO.
    I would think that my description of him (and his revolting sister) as "repugnant" should make that clear .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3719962;
    I would think that my description of him (and his revolting sister) as "repugnant" should make that clear .
    I noticed, lol. Marie is a little harder to like but Donny's okay.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hamming it up was probably an understatment. Even Derek said it was flashbacks to Cloris, who also never knew when it was too much. I'm not really sure if Derek has room to talk about someone else being hammy, but I believe it was a very awkward moment for all. Tom looked at a loss for words. Poor Kym looked so confused.

I still like Donny/Kym (mainly Kym), but hopefully he can keep the theatrics short. I wish there was a rule about the judges table: no using it for the dances, and no running up to give kisses, high fives, sit in laps, put your leg on the table, or give hugs.

Premium Member

Donny is annoying, but I think Aaron and Joanna take the cake as the most annoying this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3720219;
    Donny is annoying, but I think Aaron and Joanna take the cake as the most annoying this season.
    Joanna is almost too boring to be annoying, but she does grate just because I couldn't stand her pre-show, and I'm bored with Derek and the judges loving on him. But yes, Aaron would definitely take the crown in every unflattering category.

Donny's just a performer. I think he thinks that everyone loves it and expects that from him and wants him to be fun. I think he can do without pretending to kiss Bruno. That was just beyond bizarre.

FORT Fanatic

Was it only pretend???

Donny's just a performer. I think he thinks that everyone loves it and expects that from him and wants him to be fun. I think he can do without pretending to kiss Bruno. That was just beyond bizarre.[/QUOTE]

It's always uncomfortable when people do not seem to know boundaries of behavior and make everyone else feel embarrassed for them. The only one NOT embarrassed is the one doing the embarrassing thing. I have seen this time and time again. People don't like it, don't want to be around it and why do people do it? I had this happen in a golf tournament this week. Dude didn't know when to put a lid on it and was all over everyone, everywhere. Ruined the whole fun day....something to do with insatiable need for attention at any cost. These people are not usually interested in having friends, just an audience for their antics. What is up with that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3720826;
    Donny's just a performer. I think he thinks that everyone loves it and expects that from him and wants him to be fun. I think he can do without pretending to kiss Bruno. That was just beyond bizarre.

It's always uncomfortable when people do not seem to know boundaries of behavior and make everyone else feel embarrassed for them. The only one NOT embarrassed is the one doing the embarrassing thing. I have seen this time and time again. People don't like it, don't want to be around it and why do people do it? I had this happen in a golf tournament this week. Dude didn't know when to put a lid on it and was all over everyone, everywhere. Ruined the whole fun day....something to do with insatiable need for attention at any cost. These people are not usually interested in having friends, just an audience for their antics. What is up with that?[/QUOTE]

There's not a comedian, per se, in the lineup this season. As a variety type performer, Donnie may be the closest thing to it and may have been encouraged by the producers to spice things up a little here and there. However, he took that gag too far. It would have been funny (given Bruno's remark) with the first pass only. Now, we have people not only criticising Donny for being obnoxious but questioning his sexuality as well.
    (I certainly can't say for sure as I have never followed Donny, but I think he still has his original wife, and if he is like his brothers and sister, he has a bunch of kids as well. If there has ever been any question about Donny's orientation previously, I've never seen it on AOL. ).
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread