+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Osmond - Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Donny Osmond - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3712134;
    I don't know how Tom would handle any reminders or criticism; however, I distinctly remember that when faced with the flood of criticism against Melissa's childhood ballet lessons and her Dallas Cowboys' cheerleading experience, Tom emphatically, bluntly, and unmistakeningly answered in a way which plainly said, "We...don't...care."

I personally think it is fruitless to bark up that tree again.

It's not the same tree, it's BALLROOM dancing, not cheering or other such dancing. Not fruitless, it just goes to show how LOW an Osmond will sink. Especially because he's a liar first, and then he comes clean.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think Donny had to do anything to get the audience to love him, he's the most well known of the cast. People were either going to love him or hate him and not wait to see what he did on the dance floor. I'm glad he did some razzledazzle because if these contestants just danced and stuck to the finer points, I'd be falling asleep. Anyone who can bring personality and theatrics (without getting too much into gimmicks) along with a good sense of rhythm is what I'm looking for. But I think I'm looking for one of the women to win this year, so while I'm rooting for Donny/Kym, they aren't my first choice to win. I'm surprised this thing about his ballroom experience hasn't blown up. I don't think the producers would be red faced and put him above the rules. To me, dance training is dance training, and it's obvious who's been dancing and performing for eons and who hasn't. Anyone like Donny, Mya, and Aaron are going to have an advantage over the rest.

Where exactly do they draw the line for previous experience? It seems from the way the show is acting that anything short of having been a contestant in a professional ballroom competition is a-okay. Now they have this Marie Osmond 2.0 getting away with not just intensive pre-show ballroom coaching but the same ridiculous tactics that got his sister all the way to the F3. This show is to dancing what The National Enquirer is to journalism.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3712220;
    Where exactly do they draw the line for previous experience? It seems from the way the show is acting that anything short of having been a contestant in a professional ballroom competition is a-okay. Now they have this Marie Osmond 2.0 getting away with not just intensive pre-show ballroom coaching but the same ridiculous tactics that got his sister all the way to the F3. This show is to dancing what The National Enquirer is to journalism.

They draw the line at previous Ballroom dance experience, enough so that someone gets PAID to do it on stage, not take a few lessons because they've never danced before.
    Last edited by Andiemywestie; 09-27-2009 at 07:04 PM.

All I know is that I won't be voting for him. I have never liked any of the Osmond's and I still don't. So... someone else will be getting my votes. I vote off favorite, techique, and entertainment... a combonation of the three. Donny didn't wow me and I don't like him...so no votes.

I love Donny, but if he sucks he's not getting votes. I vote for the best dancers. Period.

I was pleasantly surprised he did well last week. I think he, Mark and Aaron have a great chance of going far.

Believe it or not, I have something positive to say about Donny . He's less repugnant than Marie.

That is all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Who is John Galt?

I like Donny and think he is a pretty good dancer. I don't think he is good enough to look as though he has had much previous training in ballroom, but he is fairly agile, has rhythm and can "sell" it. Do I think he'll win - probably not. But I enjoy his performance and I like Kym very much and it is nice to see that she has a decent partner for a change (she usually gets the old guys, or those with two left feet).

If they've been actively seeking him to participate, who cares if he has prior dancing training. He's 51, and I don't believe that he will win. I also don't believe that this is strickly a dancing competition. It's a dancing/popularity competition, much like Survivor isn't about who could last longest out in the wild, but who can outwit/outlast/outlie (okay, that's not it but it's appropriate!) by not getting voted off.

I'm all about being entertained by watching these celebrities sign up and compete.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Donny Osmond has been dancing all his life, since he's been part of the Osmond Brothers, their singing group. I think he just has natural rhythm. Don't think he will win.

+ Reply to Thread