+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Re: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3684324;
    I have no idea who she is, never saw her in anything and if I may have? I don't remember her. She is a complete unknown to me, I don't recall ever hearing her name before this moment.
    Me too.

I agree about the unfortunate promo photo. She was a makeup artist? Hope she is more talented than whoever did her makeup for the shoot. Maybe everyone involved with the photography was having a bad day...

Based on the interview, I might watch her even though she's dancing with Maks (for whom I still have zero respect).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I like her personality and enthusiasm quite a lot. Maybe Maks is beginning to get into my good graces again. The rehearsal footage was funny. They seem to have a good rappoire which could make all the difference, obviously.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was disappointed with Debi's dancing but I know she can do so much better. First night and first one to go jitters. She seems like she wants to do so well. Maks said to blame him if the routine to come out rough, which I thought was sweet.

Just heard that Debi has a torn neck muscle and has been put in a neck brace after last night's show. I'm sure they'll point it out tonight.

I really enjoy her and think she's the perfect match for Maks, a la Mel B. She frustrates the heck out of him but she also dishes a lot of it out intentionally.. like any good New Yorker would. He seems to be enjoying himself.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3709675;
    Just heard that Debi has a torn neck muscle and has been put in a neck brace after last night's show. I'm sure they'll point it out tonight.

I really enjoy her and think she's the perfect match for Maks, a la Mel B. She frustrates the heck out of him but she also dishes a lot of it out intentionally.. like any good New Yorker would. He seems to be enjoying himself.
    Yeah. That's too bad about her injury, but it's not supposed to be something that will stop her from dancing. Apparently, she tore muscles in her neck and chest. Here's a picture of her in her neck brace.

Sorry it's so small, but I wasn't sure how big it could be and still be uploadable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Debi, Kelly, and Natalie are my favorites for the ladies this season, and right now I'd love to see one of them win. They're paired with 3 of my favorite pros, who I'm so happy for, but are what I love about this show. They're not ringers, and they're not clunkers. They're learning to dance, will likely improve, have a lot of determination, and have so much potential. Debi's rehearsal package and backstage comments showed that she and Maks are going to be a lot of fun to watch, and I can't wait until she gets her nerves under control. Maks said this is the most fun he's had since Mel B. Debi looked so scared about being eliminated, then so happy and relieved. I don't know who was happier, her or Maks.

And I have to wonder if that "lift" during the foxtrot was on purpose. Maks and CA have a history of not getting along, and of course, even though she couldn't dock it, Sgt. Inaba of the Life Police Division had to point it out Tony said they were going to relax on the lifts. Apparently she didn't get the memo. It's gotten old and I'm sure they're all tired of hearing it. If she wants to take off for it, fine. She doesn't need to bring it up. It's not like anyone agrees with her.

*Sigh* Poor Debi. I think they had a lot riding on this samba and it fell flat. Debi needs a breakout dance, and soon, because she's running out of time. They both seemed shocked about being in the bottom 2 last week, but she doesn't have the fanbase to keep her in. And she's not the cute Louie Vito, the daughter of rock turned prim princess Kelly Osbourne, and didn't have Edyta to come in and show her how to rumba. Maks seemed much different last night. I don't know if he just knows there's no hope so he's going to have fun or what. Debi needs to get more confidence and get her nerves under control, especially when she messes up. And she needs to let that personality out there on the dance floor!

And since they're repeating songs from previous seasons, let me say I enjoyed John/Edyta's samba to Love Is In The Air from season 4 a little better.

Who is John Galt?

Debi is a character and I like her personality. She also has a basic ability, but she gets easily confused with the steps and over thinks everything. Plus, she is so nervous when she has to perform, her discomfort is obvious. Maks is probably not the best pro for her. Someone like Tony or Anna's husband (name?) would have been a better partner choice. Maks loses patience easily and now with his broken engagement with Karina, appears to be just calling it in and not as focused as he usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3722076;
    Debi is a character and I like her personality. She also has a basic ability, but she gets easily confused with the steps and over thinks everything. Plus, she is so nervous when she has to perform, her discomfort is obvious. Maks is probably not the best pro for her. Someone like Tony or Anna's husband (name?) would have been a better partner choice. Maks loses patience easily and now with his broken engagement with Karina, appears to be just calling it in and not as focused as he usually is.
    That's Jonathan you're thinking of Who I hope gets a partner that can at least get him past the first elimination next season.

Debi requested Maks, and from reading their interviews about their relationship, they seemed to have a great friendship. Maks calls Debi a godsend for being put in his life going through this break up with Karina. Debi seems to have a lot of respect for Maks teaching style and takes part of the blame. She said she gets bored doing the same steps over and over again, and I think, like Kelly, when she messes up she can't keep going. She wants to start where she messed up and take it from there, but she can't, so she stumbles. I think Debi had potential, and might have improved had she been able to last longer and gotten her nerves under control. She just didn't have the dance ability or fanbase to back her up.

I feel sorry that Maks seems to suddenly get the edit of being the bad guy who always makes his partners cry and won't listen to reason. He may need to soften his approach a little, but I think he's just doing what he's a natural at. It's his sport and he wants the absolute best.

Who is John Galt?

I didn't watch the results show last week, but from the comments I get the impression Debi was kicked off along with Tom (for his broken foot). If I'm correct in that assumption, I am sorry for Debi, but glad for Maks. I think he is probably happy to be away from Karina and not have to be so close to her every week. People had a blub this week that they had thought about getting back together, but Maks couldn't handle Karina's obvious flirtation with Aaron. He said he was "done".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast