+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Debi Mazar - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3676476;
    I certainly hope she has some rhythm and can dance! It's almost a guarantee she's got more than Denise Richards, so hopefully Maks is happy (and we all want Maks happy! )
    Maks seems very happy in his twitter posts. It doesn't seem like the fake happy he had with Denise. And hey, not only do we want a happy Maks, we want happy Maks fans If I have to go another season with him getting an early exit, I may drive to ABC studios myself and tar and feather whoever's in charge of putting these pairs together until the promise he'll get the contender to end all contenders next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3670736;
    wouldn't know her if i feel across her in the street.
    You never saw "Goodfellas"?

Also The Doors, Malcolm X, a few Woody Allen films, etc. She's never the star, but she's a REALLY successful character actress (admittedly always playing the SAME character, but hey... it gets her work).

One thing that's very distinctive about her is she's got these laser beam blue eyes which are very unmistakable. A lot of people who might not recall her name will recall her face because of that.

I wonder if she will have fanbase issues?
    ANYONE from Goodfellas isn't gonna have a zero fanbase.

And if that doesn't work, in addition to the big list of films, she's also on a slightly known show named "Entourage"... That might help. Or years ago, she was on "L.A. Law".

Heck, a certain set of people might even "know her" primarily from the Grand Theft Auto games.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3683710;
    You never saw "Goodfellas"?

Also The Doors, Malcolm X, a few Woody Allen films, etc. She's never the star, but she's a REALLY successful character actress (admittedly always playing the SAME character, but hey... it gets her work).

One thing that's very distinctive about her is she's got these laser beam blue eyes which are very unmistakable. A lot of people who might not recall her name will recall her face because of that.

ANYONE from Goodfellas isn't gonna have a zero fanbase.

And if that doesn't work, in addition to the big list of films, she's also on a slightly known show named "Entourage"... That might help. Or years ago, she was on "L.A. Law".

Heck, a certain set of people might even "know her" primarily from the Grand Theft Auto games.
    Not to mention, the older Madonna fans in the audience will know her right away. She's appeared in her videos as recently as 2000's "Music".

(Are there any young Madonna fans out there? Maybe the Justin Tiumberlake fans who now like her because he worked on her last album. Never mind that it was a gawdawful mess...)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3684040;
    Not to mention, the older Madonna fans in the audience will know her right away. She's appeared in her videos as recently as 2000's "Music".

(Are there any young Madonna fans out there? Maybe the Justin Tiumberlake fans who now like her because he worked on her last album. Never mind that it was a gawdawful mess...)
    Hey, I remember she was in Music! I forgot until you brought it up, but I've seen tons of Madonna videos, old and new, so I probably saw her in them but just didn't recognize her. Most of the time they're on as background noise anyway (and I'm a young Madge fan but I love her older stuff vs her new). I have her 'Girlie Show' tour on tape, and it's hard for me to ever look at CA any other way than that

I also remember her from Batman Forever after reading her bio again. If I recall her role was very very small. It's interesting they didn't bring up Beethoven's 2nd. I know it's not a blockbuster like Goodfellas but she had one of the main roles in the movie. I still remember that evil villian music as she made her entrance. I really can't wait to see her and Maks. Neither one is known for holding back on what they're thinking

I have no idea who she is, never saw her in anything and if I may have? I don't remember her. She is a complete unknown to me, I don't recall ever hearing her name before this moment.

However, she is with a hugely popular pro and that should keep her safe till about the middle of the season which is more than enough time for her to build a DWTS fanbase if she can dance and/or has a personality that the audience latches on to. She lucked out in the partner sweepstakes in that he bought her some time to get out there and build a following.

Wow.

She's selling her house.

The Real Estalker: Debi Mazar Lists Los Angeles Casa

Got a few shoes there too...

She's been on quite a few of the Law & Order's, as well.

Most recently, she played the mother of a girl who taunts one of the girl's friends on the Internet by pretending to be a young male. It was taken from the headlines of that Mom ( in real life ) who logged into her daughter's myspa*e account and proceeded to play with the affections of a young girl who allegedly committed suicide because the Mom pretended to be a boy online, and "he" broke up with the girl. Debi was great in that role and it was a departure from her usual roles.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The commercials on ABC are referring to her as "the A-list star".

There's no way she's that, of course. What she IS would be a well known and regarded character actress who regularly appears in A-list material. There's a difference.

You can't really quantify someone in her position with a letter grade for their fame, I think. She'll likely never be a leading lady, but she'll also likely never be out of work (and probably will continue to work in very high profile projects, even if never above 5th or 6th billing).

Unless she goes the Kyra Sedgwick route, and someone offers her a cable series lead, which unexpectedly becomes a hit. The combination of Entourage and DWTS could put her in that position (especially if she lasts at least to the halfway point and gets some press off that).
    Last edited by Krom; 08-30-2009 at 11:01 PM.

I just read that she'll be joining "Castle" in Season 2 as his literary agent, first appearing sometime in October. I think she'll fit well with that cast.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3686791;
    I just read that she'll be joining "Castle" in Season 2 as his literary agent, first appearing sometime in October. I think she'll fit well with that cast.
    Oh, thanks for that info, Florimel.
    Another good reason to watch Castle. I wonder if that's part of the reason she's doing it this season?

She was also on a CBS series several years ago - it was set in NY - and Ellen Burstyn and Paul Sorvino played a mother and father. I think their daughter's name was Lydia? It was a good show, but it did not last too long. Debi was in the cast playing her usual smart talking East Coast character!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast