+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Liddell - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chuck Liddell - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3709748;
    I don't know quite what to say about this guy. He seems so out of place among the other guys. I have never seen him before, as I don't watch ultimate fighting or whatever it is he does. He looks like the Incredible Hulk dancing with a red-haired fairy. What I think is so cute about him is that he seems to be terrified of Anna and is so concerned about pleasing her. He isn't obnoxious or coarse in his behavior. In fact, he is rather like a big gentle dog that just looks ferocious. Anna is a little firecracker and not afraid to say what she thinks about anything. Her and her husband are perfect opposites. He is quiet and easy going and she is talkative and feisty - good match. I find her partnering with Chuck to be rather an odd pairing, but if anybody can turn him into a dancer it is Anna.
    I forgot to add, that was my favorite bit of the first week. When Tom said something like "I know Anna, she scares me" Jerry Rice apparently refers to her as the drill sergeant. I find Anna one of the best pros on this show, and I so wish she was given a partner with potential and enough of a fan base to get her through so she can show it. Albert Reed was probably the closest to a good dancing partner she had in terms of being a good dancer, but they were eliminated second. Of course she finished 2nd in season 2 with Jerry Rice, but that was before DWTS seemed to hit its peak.

I saw a glimpse of Chuck on the TruTV show Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock (or whatever it's called). A security guard had gotten a head injury and Chuck was telling him he really needed to go get it checked out. The guard said "If Chuck says I need to go get it checked out, then I need it checked out". Always take the advice of someone whose probably had a few head injuries in his day on that one

Who is John Galt?

The tango was better than the first dance, but he still looks like a Frankenstein monster dancing with a doll. The haircut just furthers that image and the facial contortions or lack of them. However, he seems like a sweet guy. But will he get much better - doubt it? (I don't think I want to see him doing the Rhumba - yikes!)

After seeing Mickey Rourke in the audience to cheer on and support his friend, Chuck, I wondered if anybody knew if Chuck gave Mickey lessons for his movie, The Wrestler?
    I know that Mickey, himself, has been in the ring as a fighter, but don't think he's done any wrestling prior to the movie. And, he sure was authentic in it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm still thrilled Anna is back and she really seems to be enjoying herself. Considering some male celebs take issue with some of the feminine aspects of the dances, kudos to Chuck who's probably in the most macho sport one can be in, but still goes out there in ruffles, dressed as a cowboy, and looks like he's enjoying every minute of it. He and Anna had some great lifts last night in their routine, which was probably the highlight. I hope Anna returns again, and this time with a partner that has better dancing ability. But I'm just glad she's made it almost to the halfway point. There's quite a few couples I'd rather see go home before these guys.

Though I still can't believe they got the encore last week

FORT Fogey

Good-bye, Chuck You were fun to watch and a good sport; however, I have to agree with you that ruffles were not your best look.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I loved Chuck's ruffles! It's not every male DWTS contestants that will wear the ruffles. Some don't like the shimmy or the spray tan.

I also loved seeing his kids in last night's package, especially his daughters line "Our dad can beat up your dad". I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see them go. They both looked disappointed and I think Chuck was just having such a fun experience that he didn't want it to end. It's always a treat seeing Anna T., who seemed to really enjoy herself this season. Too bad we're stuck with the other Anna, who I don't dislike, but between the two, I'd have rather the red head stuck around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123