Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Hamilton - Season 9

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Ashley Hamilton - Season 9

Ashley Hamilton

PROFESSION:
    Actor, Songwriter and Comedian

BACKGROUND:
    This fall we get to watch Ashley Hamilton follow in the footsteps of his famous father, George Hamilton, who was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars during Season 2.

A multi-talented multi-hyphenate, Ashley has tackled the worlds of film, music, stand-up comedy and television. He's written tunes for such top pop artists as Meredith Brooks, Sugar Ray, Robbie Williams and Hillary Duff.

Ashley has also made numerous television and film appearances as an actor, including a starring role in the soap Sunset Beach and guest appearances on Meet the Family and Oz. Once chosen as one the 50 most beautiful men in the world by People Magazine, he most recently has been performing stand-up comedy at The Laugh Factory, The Hollywood Improv, The Comedy Store, and Room 5 in Los Angeles.

ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Stars
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Ashley Hamilton - Season 9

Um.....wow....those eyes. Yeah, my eye candy this season. I hope he dances better than his dad.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope there aren't a lot of comparisions to his dad. George wasn't the best dancer but definitely brought the funny. Of course I think the show is trying to be funny and pair Edyta with Hamilton: the next generation. I have no idea how he'll do, but for Edyta's sake, I hope he does well.

I really liked George so I will be pulling for Ashley to do well (but he's paired with Edyta who isn't very good at choreographing and can't ever catch a break with partners so that means he can't dance....sighs....poor Edyta).

Didn't he used to be married to Shannon Doherty? I'm afraid that I have some reservations about anyone whoever has ever thought that Ms. Doherty was worth a second date, never mind a marriage, no matter how short-lived.

ETA: He has his dad's colouring, but he looks more like his mom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ohmygoodness, just how tall is this guy? Isn't Edyta pretty tall? In the ABC Medianet site they have a bunch of practice photos up and he TOWERS over poor Edyta. It looks really bad, height wise. In heels, she barely comes to his shoulders. Hopefully it's just more of the really bad work by whomever they are using as a photographer and the height difference isn't that extreme.

Won't this be the 1st season where a child of a previous contestant (George Hamilton - Ashley Hamilton) and the sibling of a previous contestant (Marie Osmond - Donny Osmond) are competing?

I don't care that Ashley is doing the show to further his career as a comedian, he will be great "man-candy" to look at every week. I hope he's a good dancer and will be on the show for a while!

I just like the fact that he isn't overly tanned like Daddy
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Sigh.

Why does this show screw with Edyta EVERY single time?

They don't deserve her loyalty.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3683745;
    Sigh.

Why does this show screw with Edyta EVERY single time?

They don't deserve her loyalty.
    I'm guessing because she's the only pro to have been on the show the longest, thus making her the oldest, plus she's not young and fresh like Lacey and Chelsie and doesn't seem to get the fan fare of Julianne and Cheryl. But you're right, they don't deserve her loyalty. 9 seasons and they could have given her the cream of the crop at every turn. She's had Jason Taylor, and that's about the best partner she's ever gotten. I'm waiting to see when some of these pros, either by age or how long they've been on the show, slowly start getting weeded out.

I hate this picture of Ashley, but he does look pretty good in other videos/pics I've seen. Like most of the celebs this season, I do think he's out to put his name out there solely for career purposes. I don't have high hopes for him unless he can really pull off the dancing and be like Gilles or even like Ty. Being a semi-bad dancer but lovable worked for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast