+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Hamilton - Season 9

Re: Ashley Hamilton - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3692356;
    I don't have high hopes for him unless he can really pull off the dancing and be like Gilles or even like Ty. Being a semi-bad dancer but lovable worked for him.
    I'm willing to lay down quite a larger wager that he won't be loveable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ashley's blog for People is hilarious ! I'm going to be reading it every week, that's for sure. All I ever knew about him before were his parents and his former wife (Shannen Doherty). The guy is intelligent and funny, and oh boy, does he ever look like his mother ! I'll be rooting for him !
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

"Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maybe Edyta needs to stop being so nice or hope she's around in the spring of 2011 when the 12th season of DWTS airs. That'll be 6 seasons since she finished 2nd with Jason, maybe she'll get lucky then. For a pro that's been on every season, and dealt with more duds than I think any female pro, can't they finally cut her a break? Was it really funny to them to pair her with George's son? I have to feel sorry for Ashley. I think, even with his bad dancing, he was expecting a different reaction than he got. I think these two are the first to go for the men's side

I was completely prepared to have a hate-on for Ashley (the dude married Shannon Doherty ), but as it turns out, I don't. And I am now hoping that he will win because I am truly annoyed by the excessively harsh critique given by those high-hatted termagants to a complete non-dancer on his first night out. A little compassion would not go amiss.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypants;3699460;
    Ashley's blog for People is hilarious ! I'm going to be reading it every week, that's for sure. All I ever knew about him before were his parents and his former wife (Shannen Doherty). The guy is intelligent and funny, and oh boy, does he ever look like his mother ! I'll be rooting for him !
    He may be a funny writer, I will have to check that out, but on the small screen he has the personality of a flat dried up pancake.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone know what caused him to be in a wheelchair for a year or so? I commend him for perservering, but I am not a fan of shows playing the sympathy card. Although this show seems to often play that one.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3708539;
    Does anyone know what caused him to be in a wheelchair for a year or so? I commend him for perservering, but I am not a fan of shows playing the sympathy card. Although this show seems to often play that one.
    I think he said it was a motorcycle accident. I'm guessing he wasn't wearing a helmet since he said it pushed some bone into his brain. I have no trouble giving sympathy and encouragement to someone who has overcome all that and is willing to try ballroom dancing in front of a national audience.

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but before he was married to Shannon Doherty, he was married to Angie Everhart.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3708555;
    I think he said it was a motorcycle accident. I'm guessing he wasn't wearing a helmet since he said it pushed some bone into his brain. I have no trouble giving sympathy and encouragement to someone who has overcome all that and is willing to try ballroom dancing in front of a national audience.

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but before he was married to Shannon Doherty, he was married to Angie Everhart.
    Neither do I, which is why I said "I commend him for perservering".

My point was about the show usually casting someone as the sympathy card.

And how many millions of others are there who have gone through the same/similar challenges, but don't have the resources or opportunities that he had/has? That is why I think that the sympathy card shouldn't be played on this entertainment show that has a cast of "stars" and pro dancers.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3708275;
    I was completely prepared to have a hate-on for Ashley (the dude married Shannon Doherty ), but as it turns out, I don't. And I am now hoping that he will win because I am truly annoyed by the excessively harsh critique given by those high-hatted termagants to a complete non-dancer on his first night out. A little compassion would not go amiss.
    I actually like Ashley. He can't dance at all, and probably never will, but he is trying. I give him a lot of credit for trying. He is tall, handsome, and pleasant. He doesn't have his dad's charm, nor ability to perform and height is a disadvantage in this arena. The taller dancers often seem gawky and awkward trying to move their bodies in the way dance requires, so I am not surprised that he is having problems. That, coupled with his injuries and resultant damage to muscles in his legs, would preclude him having much of a chance to greatly improve. I don't give a rats whatever who he was married to or slept with. That doesn't define him as a person or a dancer, but he just doesn't have it. He also does not have a fan base, so I think it is bye bye, Ashley.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think maybe it's a good sign they're not married anymore. Maybe it shows he has taste. Wasn't his marriage to Shannon extremely short lived? I remember way back reading about one of her marriage ending after 2 days or something.

I don't like when the judges do the comparisions to former contestants. Ashley isn't and won't ever be his dad. However, I do think they were trying to help him because his dad could cover the bad dancing with an entertaining performance that made up for it and made you want to see more. Ashley's foxtrot wasn't as bad in hingsight. His relay salsa was another story, but he was up against Donny, Chuck, and Louie, who had shown charisma and entertainment. I'm thinking it'll be him or Tom, but if I had to pick between the two, I'd say Ashley is gone.

And I don't mind the sympathy stories, it just depends on how they play them out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast