+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Carter - Season 9

sdl

Re: Aaron Carter - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3726309;
    Aaron looked ready to hit something or go on a tirade that would force ABC to put up a technical difficulties sign because the censors couldn't keep up. I think this kid thinks he's loads better than the scores and criticism he's been receiving, and I think the judges are more or less calling him out on his overconfidence. I think his dancing has gotten worse overall, though he's still one of the better ones. But he seems more into overdoing it and thinking that whatever he does, no worries, they'll all be dropping to their knees because they loved it. I think Karina knows what all that crying and complaining will do, if it hasn't hurt him already. And I do think he was fully ready to cry when Samantha asked him if he was going to tonight (Samantha, really?)
    I'll guarantee the little weenie cried as soon as they got the camera off him. And I'm betting Michael Irvin wasn't so cool about it this time.
    Aaron is the only person on the show I'd really like to punch out. Well, sometimes I'd like to KO Carrie Ann too, but I am a gentleman.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726329;
    I'll guarantee the little weenie cried as soon as they got the camera off him. And I'm betting Michael Irvin wasn't so cool about it this time.
    Aaron is the only person on the show I'd really like to punch out. Well, sometimes I'd like to KO Carrie Ann too, but I am a gentleman.
    Jimmy Kimmel used to ask the eliminated contestants which judge they'd most love to punch in the face if they could. CA was a popular choice, and even dear Susan Lucci picked her

I think Michael probably felt sorry for him and he looked like he couldn't believe his eyes. Karina couldn't believe it. I thought it was pretty funny that she said to him last week 'it's one 6' and this week he gets 3. I guess Aaron's peak is over. Either he continues to go downhill, or maybe gets so upset drops out and claims something screwy went on, or he makes some stupid fake comeback next week in the judges eyes. But the viewers votes still count, so he may have no turning back there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3726329;
    You know big, tough, powerhouse Michael was thinking "Kid you are such a wussie! It's DWTS's....not the Olympic trials!"

I wish we could vote for who we wanted to leave, not who we want to stay. The votes would be more concentrated and maybe we could boot him...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3726338;
    Jimmy Kimmel used to ask the eliminated contestants which judge they'd most love to punch in the face if they could. CA was a popular choice, and even dear Susan Lucci picked her

I think Michael probably felt sorry for him and he looked like he couldn't believe his eyes. Karina couldn't believe it. I thought it was pretty funny that she said to him last week 'it's one 6' and this week he gets 3. I guess Aaron's peak is over. Either he continues to go downhill, or maybe gets so upset drops out and claims something screwy went on, or he makes some stupid fake comeback next week in the judges eyes. But the viewers votes still count, so he may have no turning back there.
    I was astonished! I was surprised last week and thought someone was surely jesting with me, but crying over getting a 6 on the shoulder of a professional football player who got a 4 himself yet was a man about it?
    Aaron is 21, not 9 or 10 years old. Something is not right here.

That said, I am sorry but I don't think that dance was really as bad as the scores indicated. I think he has now made a name for himself, so to speak, with the judges - set the pace or whatever trite but true cliche I can come up with to accurately describe what is happening in the dynamic between Aaron and the judges. I think they now see him through a certain colored lenses, and although he may try very hard, and they may try to be objective, they will still see him in a certain way.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3726357;
    You know big, tough, powerhouse Michael was thinking "Kid you are such a wussie! It's DWTS's....not the Olympic trials!"

I wish we could vote for who we wanted to leave, not who we want to stay. The votes would be more concentrated and maybe we could boot him...
    What a GREAT idea! Of course, I think Aaron would be gone already were that the case.

I'm not a big fan of Karina's, but I have no problem with Aaron.
    Carrie Ann's comments, to me, were just overly harsh and mean.
    And, Bruno's were pretty appalling, as wll. Comparing a 21 yr old Teen idol to a man like Gilles was just stupid.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3726560;
    I'm not a big fan of Karina's, but I have no problem with Aaron.
    Carrie Ann's comments, to me, were just overly harsh and mean.
    And, Bruno's were pretty appalling, as wll. Comparing a 21 yr old Teen idol to a man like Gilles was just stupid.
    Ditto.

Maybe he does have some personality issues...or flaws as some would suggest...and he is overcompensating by overdoing it on the dance floor. He's simply trying too hard to win people and the judges over.
    Not many people that have had success at an early age with a rotten home life have come through unscathed with their heads on straight at the age of 21.
    The world is full of people getting and asking for second chances.

French,
    Thanks for some of the back story on him. I confess I don't know that much about him, but I do feel they're skewering him way too harshly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I don't care for Aaron at all but the judges were more than a little harsh with the kid last night. With a score of 18, he may be in jeopardy of going home tonight. I'm not sure if he is as popular as the athletes that scored below him.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aaron suddenly had to quit because of some questionable injury (like hurt feelings).

+ Reply to Thread