+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Carter - Season 9

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Aaron Carter - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3720244;
    How do we know this?

The mama bear-claws are coming out because I feel somewhat protective of Aaron. I've watched him grow up with my daughters. He's had a turbulent home life, that's for sure, and I know that a lot of his problems are his own doing.
    But I just don't get the vile attitudes against him.
    I know he's not an angel.
    You could list all of the stupid things he has done or said.
    But a similar list could be made of most of the celebrities participating.

I think he's doing great and I do hope he goes to the finals.
    If you mean how do I know that those pros/celebs don't care for him, they said so. They were especially ticked about his comments after the first week that he was going to win, no question. He may have been kidding, like he says he was, but apparently he isn't known as a jokester backstage so he turned people off there. Maks is known for being very outspoken and no one ever gives him the benefit of the doubt. You're right, they all pretty much have. But I've never seen one rubbed so many people the wrong way so quick, and not just the viewers. Aaron's not an angel, I don't think he wants to be known as an angel, and I still think he's very arrogant and overconfident. It doesn't help he has a partner with an equally large ego and love of the camera.

I dislike this kid to the point that I don't even know if I care to watch him anymore. I may skip the rehearsal package all together for next week; since I work Mondays anyway I can just look online and see if he comes off as being arrogant and cocky about being saved and if the judges fawn over his Lambada with Karina. That's what I'm predicting. I'm not even sure he should be given the "forbidden dance".

I guess the bright side is, since he is one of the better dancers (which isn't saying much considering his competition), as Bruno pointed out, it's harder to stay on top. People like Natalie, Kelly, Louie, and Mark, who have shown improvement and potential have no where to go but up.

And I'll say it, as much as Tom turned people off and while I think any political or religious figure shouldn't be on the show in the first place, Aaron/Karina are one of 3 couples I would have rather seen leave over Tom.

ETA: And I don't know that I bought his crying.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3720763;
    I dislike this kid to the point that I don't even know if I care to watch him anymore. I may skip the rehearsal package all together for next week; since I work Mondays anyway I can just look online and see if he comes off as being arrogant and cocky about being saved and if the judges fawn over his Lambada with Karina. That's what I'm predicting. I'm not even sure he should be given the "forbidden dance".

I guess the bright side is, since he is one of the better dancers (which isn't saying much considering his competition), as Bruno pointed out, it's harder to stay on top. People like Natalie, Kelly, Louie, and Mark, who have shown improvement and potential have no where to go but up.

And I'll say it, as much as Tom turned people off and while I think any political or religious figure shouldn't be on the show in the first place, Aaron/Karina are one of 3 couples I would have rather seen leave over Tom.

ETA: And I don't know that I bought his crying.
    Was he actually supposed to be crying - for real? Are you trickin' me? Surely you jest!
    Pardon me if I sound sexist; however, as the male he is the symbolic strength in that partnership. He just needs to man up.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3720827;
    Was he actually supposed to be crying - for real? Are you trickin' me? Surely you jest!
    Pardon me if I sound sexist; however, as the male he is the symbolic strength in that partnership. He just needs to man up.
    I thought he faked the crying, like some kind of lame joke.
    Please tell me the little fruitcake did not actually cry....I have very limited patience with him/her/it already.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3721087;
    I thought he faked the crying, like some kind of lame joke.
    Please tell me the little fruitcake did not actually cry....I have very limited patience with him/her/it already.
    I think he was fake crying, or trying to force himself. Even Karina didn't buy it. He cried because he got a 6? After he seemed to mock Len when he told him his arms looked like a bad karate chopper? Aaron can't honestly think his rumba was worth more than a 21. I think an 8 was generous. And Karina "it's only one 6". When he had his hands in his face, it looked like he was putting on a show. Then they showed his face red. At the end of Monday night, after those confessionals are taped, when they were all standing there, he and Karina looked as happy as clams. So I think it was bogus and he was trying to act emotional, or he was just pissed off that they didn't drool over his romantic rumba.

FORT Fanatic

Gee, I kinda thought it was real. I just figured the douche bag would do anything for a vote, no matter how awkward for his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3721249;
    Gee, I kinda thought it was real. I just figured the douche bag would do anything for a vote, no matter how awkward for his partner.
    I think that's what he was aiming for. I just hope he throws a big egotistical hissy fit next week and gets people even more turned off that they send him packing.

Who is John Galt?

Way over scored IMO. He exaggerated every movement and looked kind of effeminine while dancing. And, what was that dreadful outfit he was wearing. It looked like the shortie robe to a woman's teddy nightgown. Horrors! Of course, Karina likes to show off Karina so maybe it is good to have her paired with a young hammy guy who likes attention.

Karina has tweeted that though the Lambada was a hard dance to learn she thinks they got it. She says there's a lot of tricks in it, and they'll be dancing to Dr. Beat by Gloria Estefan (which Apolo/Julianne danced to for their mambo in season 4).

Aaron looked ready to hit something or go on a tirade that would force ABC to put up a technical difficulties sign because the censors couldn't keep up. I think this kid thinks he's loads better than the scores and criticism he's been receiving, and I think the judges are more or less calling him out on his overconfidence. I think his dancing has gotten worse overall, though he's still one of the better ones. But he seems more into overdoing it and thinking that whatever he does, no worries, they'll all be dropping to their knees because they loved it. I think Karina knows what all that crying and complaining will do, if it hasn't hurt him already. And I do think he was fully ready to cry when Samantha asked him if he was going to tonight (Samantha, really?)

And this was the same song used for Apolo/Julianne's mambo during season 4. It wasn't great then, but this band has gotten even worse.

+ Reply to Thread