+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Official Season 9 Line-Up*

16 couples this season, and it's even with 8 men and 8 women:

Men
    Donny Osmond (Entertainer)
    Ashley Hamilton (Actor-son of season 2 contestant George Hamilton)
    Michael Irvin (Former Cowboys Wide Receiver and NFL Hall of Famer)
    Mark DaCascos (TV Chef)
    Chuck Liddell (Ultimate Fighting Champion)
    Louis Vito (Professional Snowboarder)
    Aaron Carter (Singer/Reality Star)
    Tom DeLay (Umm...okay Former House Majority Leader)

Women
    Kathy Ireland (Model)
    Macy Gray (Singer/Actress)
    Melissa Joan Hart (Actress)
    Mya (Singer)
    Kellie Osbourne (Reality Star/Singer)
    Debi Mazar (Actress)
    Natalie Coughlin (Olympic swimmer)
    Joanna Krupa (Model-ugh)

And the confirmed pros that have said to be returning: Anna Demidova (last year's winner from the pick a pro contest), Cheryl, Lacey, Edyta, Karina, Louis (yay Louis!), Maks, Alec, Derek, and Mark. I'm betting Kym, Tony, Dmitry, and Chelsie will be back, and rumors are going around Jonathan and Anna T. are returning.

Pretty happy with this cast so far Kathy Ireland is a pleasant surprise, but I'm very happy. Melissa must have given up her boycott after finally being cast Please, give Donny to Kym, Edyta, or Karina. Donny, Kellie, Macy, Melissa, Debi, Joanna, Aaron, and the last minute spoiler of Tom proved accurate. Okay, so I take it back, I liked the first 8 better than the last 8. Give it to Donny, he's got it. Please let Joanna go first, and let anyone but Maks, Alec, Louis, and Tony get her. No Vera Wang who was originally rumored, or Lou Ferrigno. And no returnees from the injured list. I didn't like last season pre-show based on the cast but loved it after it started, so hopefully this season turns out like last season. I wonder if Tom was Kurt Angle's replacement. I'm guessing he's first out. Debi hasn't aged well. Based on fan bases and popularity, I think Donny wins that contest by a landslide, followed by Macy, Mya, Melissa, Aaron, and Kellie.

Some other tidbits: halfway through the season, they're going to do double eliminations and eliminate 2 couples per week. New dances this season, and a 3 night premiere.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-17-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

any idea the match pros
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by missdrspark;3664634;
    any idea the match pros
    If I had to guess, I'm going to say it could be something like this (just based on height, age, personality, and what pros have gotten in the past). Derek said he meets his partner Wednesday, so that's probably when we'll find out the official pairings. For now, some of my guesses:

Ashley and Anna D. (he's the tallest male pro, and she's now the tallest female pro; both are over 6'). Only other choices for him would probably be Edyta or Kym.
    Aaron and Lacey/Chelsie (basing on age and the whole "rebel" angle as I know Aaron's had a bit of a partying lifestyle lately)
    Louie and Lacey/Chelsie (basing on age)
    Michael and Karina (I'll say this only because she's the only long time female pro not to have an NFL player yet)
    Tom and probably Edyta or Kym, because he's likely a first boot, and the producers will just want to tick me off It's possible he could get Cheryl.

Macy and Dmitry, based on height.
    Kathy and Dmitry/Maks/Tony/Alec (based on height; she seems like a Dmitry or Tony type)
    Melissa and Derek/Mark
    Kellie and Derek/Mark
    Natalie and Tony/Maks/Alec

Louis has to have someone short. I'm going to guess Debi for him, or Joanna. She's 5'7" I believe. Poor Louis

Aside from Donny, at least this season no one looks like a shoo-in to win, and there's bound to be pleasant surprises.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm soooo excited that Donny is on this season!!!! My first love
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

Donny is the early favorite for me, and Melissa Joan Hart. She's a cutie.

I like Donny and want to keep it that way so I hope I'm still a fan after this season. I'm cautious, however, because I fear the show will make him the male Kristi Yamaguchi in terms of hype. Gilles turned out to be a huge front runner and favorite, so I'm looking for my Gilles. Besides, others have to get voted through and make a fan base. Donny's so likeable it's hard not to root for him, and I predict he'll out-dance his sister. Definitely the front runner on all counts going into the season. My other pre-show favorites are MJH, Kathy Ireland, and Mya. When it comes to the guys, I've either never heard of them am neutral, or have utter dislike and hope they go early.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-17-2009 at 09:29 AM.

i just to see ANNA HOPE SHE WINS
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

The shocker for me is Tom "The Hammer" DeLay. I happen to love the guy and those coming in with a media biased picture of him are going to be surprised. He is a very nice man and he and his wife have been foster parents for 25-30 years. I believe they have helped raise more than 2 dozen foster children and I think adopted a couple of them. As an adopted parent myself, I admire that. As far as dancing, I have no idea if he has any skills.

I think Kathy Ireland is a sweetheart and would be perfect for Tony. The only pro who can handle Joanna Krupa would probably be Maks, even though I personally do not want him to get her. Mark or Derek should get her. She acted like a complete b**ch on The Superstars. She treated T.O. like crap.

Overall, it looks like a pretty good cast. I don't know a lot of them, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3664657;
    Donny is the early favorite for me, and Melissa Joan Hart. She's a cutie.
    I'm glad that Melissa Joan Hart made it on the show. Wasn't she the actress that has been trying so hard to get back in their good graces and get on the show? Also, Natalie C., the Olympic swimmer has a reputation for being a REALLY nice girl in swimming circles (my niece knows her and likes her), I look forward to seeing her. Oh, I also agree that Kathy Ireland should be fun to watch.
    The beginning of every new season always seems like a bit of a circus to me and it always takes me a couple of weeks to get into the season. THIS season it should be a real zoo considering that there are 18 instead of 12 participants. yikes!

I do think having two eliminations for a few weeks does take the sting of being eliminated out a bit. I used to hate to see that poor first person being eliminated in the early seasons.

It will be interesting to see if they pair Joanna Krupa with Maks. He may be the only one who could handle her. I base this on her performance on Superstars.

I've always liked kathy Ireland and will be pulling for her in the early going. After I see them dance I will of course be pulling for the best dancer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast