+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

FORT Fanatic

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3670728;
    It really would be nice if we could vote on the dancing and the performance skills rather than what someone does off the dance floor. I hate how this always turns into a high school too cool for school competition.

Am I the only one who watches for the dancing? I wouldn't care if it was a one eyed flying purple people eater in the competition if it could do an Awesome Argentine Tango.
    MsDiva - I'm with you. I watch for (1) the dancing, then (2) the Pros. I don't really care which celebrity is on there, except that if there's a popular one, then my fave pros will last longer on the show.

Premium Member

Via Derek's twitter and news source Derek is paired with Joanna Krupa.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3671341;
    Poor, poor Derek. That woman was just awful on Superstars. Hey, does anyone know if Derek is still with Shannon Elizabeth?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Best news I've heard all season! Now, hopefully they can be one of the first boots. Derek deserves someone nasty like her. He's been really lucky. And I want to see Joanna explode, because I'm sure she's thrilled and thinks she has a shot with Derek. So that probably means Louis has MJH and Mark has Kellie Osbourne.

Poor, poor Derek. That woman was just awful on Superstars. Hey, does anyone know if Derek is still with Shannon Elizabeth?
    They recently broke up. I posted a link to an article in the media thread.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-20-2009 at 05:50 PM.

I see they went with the usual assortment of athletes, models and minor starlets. But Tom DeLay? Ugh. They really scraped the bottom of the slime bucket with that one. Another freakin' Osmond, WTF? This one could probably come in a full body cast and he'll still make the top 3. He better not do any sort of doll dance because I don't think this show could survive it. Other than that, my gut reaction favorite is Natalie Coughlin; I hope she can dance though.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3671359;

They recently broke up. I posted a link to an article in the media thread.
    Thanks...I'll go there and take a look.

FORT Fogey

If Joanna is with Derek-then who is Maks really paired with?

*looks around in confusion*

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3671389;
    If Joanna is with Derek-then who is Maks really paired with?

*looks around in confusion*
    I'm sure it was posted earlier, but Maks is with Debi Mazar.

YEEESSSS!!! I am sooooo happy. I wonder if Joanna will treat Derek like she did T.O. on Superstars. I tell ya, if you saw that, there is no way in hey that you would ever vote for her, no matter how good of a dancer she is.

Has anyone confirmed whether Tony is coming back or not? Maybe someone could twitter MelissaRycroft2 and ask her. I will be so disappointed if he is not there this season. Melissa twittered someone that she would probably be in the audience of DWTS a couple of times this season.

I am appalled that Cheryl got stuck with DeLay although I wouldn't wish him on anyone. Although I base my vote solely on dance as much as possible, but there are a few people I simply would not vote for. So, even though I thnk Cheryl is marvelous, I guess she'll be out early this year.

I really don't understand the complaints that Cheryl always gets great partners. It's her talent that helps them get so much better; e.g., Drew Lacey and Emmett Smith. Both started out just okay, both grew into deserving winners. She should have won with Gilles last year and Christian de la Fuente was another good partner.

On the other hand, she had Ian Ziering, whom I like, but was never more than a so-so dancer, Maruice Green who was average at best, and Wayne Newton, who was terrrible.

So, two wins and 1 shoud have won and 1 other finalist = 4. Never had a chance = 3. Pretty evenly divided to my mind.
    Last edited by Florimel; 08-20-2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread