+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3668850;
    Just watched Aaron and Karina on pop tv. They just came out of practice and are paired.
    I have to say I'm kind of bummed about that one. I don't know if Aaron will last long, and I was kind of hoping Karina would get a contender. Karina didn't seem as excited on her twitter as some of the others have.

I'm happy for the Dmitry/Mya and not surprised though I have to say, I was really, really hoping Louis would get Mya. So that leaves MJH, Joanna, and Kellie for him. So Macy must go to Jonathan or whoever the other male pro is.

I'm bummed if there will be no Tony. I really started to like him last season when he was paired with Melissa. This week's TV guide gives a little background on each of the contestants. Dimitry and Fabian should do well if these pairings are accurate. Both Mya and Debi seem to have strong dance background. Derek if paired with Melissa may have a shot at another trophy. Melissa danced when she was young before she took up acting. TV guide calls Donny a front runner.
    Tony had said he planned on coming back so I wonder if he changed his mind or wasn't asked (that I'd find hard to believe). I know he got a part in a movie so that could be the reason he's taking a season off. Once upon a time he was a pro I almost wished would take a season off but I've grown to really like him more than I already did, and talk about having a rough time last season. I won't be missing Julianne, however. I don't really know, aside from Donny, who else will be the front runner, which is why this season is exciting. I honestly hope Derek does not win. No one outside of that inner circle has won since season 4. And Cheryl won back to back the two seasons before. Spread the wealth, and no offense to Fabian, Chelsie, Dmitry, Anna D., and Lacey, but I hope a long time veteran wins this season. Kym will probably get another dud next season, and Cheryl will probably go the distance, and if Julianne comes back she'll probably get the ringer, and Tony will likely get the old woman again who can't move. I am hoping Derek gets Joanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3664882;
    Since showboarders have to be so flexible I'll be interested to see if this offers any advantage in dance.
    My son is a snowboard instructor, and is a great snowboarder....but dancing?? Not so much!

I am fine with this season's cast. I have no favorites at all, and I like going in that way. But I do admit I have a soft spot for Chelsea. Did I miss who she was with? I saw Aaron listed, but that is obviously not correct.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Awesome job Karalott in keeping all the pairings straight. This looks like an interesting line up and I am happy to say I don't have any favorites going into this season! I am going to see who dazzles me! This could be a season full of surprises!

Wait, now I'm confused. So Karina didn't get The Chairman? Who got Mark then? If it's Cheryl? I'm going to throw something because she shouldn't get somebody who I'm fairly sure is going to do well. Give the guy who stands a chance to somebody who's never had anybody good (or potentially good).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3670666;
    Wait, now I'm confused. So Karina didn't get The Chairman? Who got Mark then? If it's Cheryl? I'm going to throw something because she shouldn't get somebody who I'm fairly sure is going to do well. Give the guy who stands a chance to somebody who's never had anybody good (or potentially good).
    That list was fairly inaccurate, and I figured it would be with a few (5'7" Louis with 6'+ Macy?) These are the confirmed pairings, via twitter, facebook, and the media:

Tom/Cheryl (Cheryl's facebook status said she was in Dallas and reportedly there are photos of them practicing)
    Donny/Kym (via Donny's son's twitter)
    Debi/Maks (via both their twitter accounts)
    Mya/Dmitry (news source)
    Ashley/Edyta (a variety of news sources)
    Aaron/Karina (via a paps video)
    Natalie/Alec (via her twitter)
    Chuck/Anna T. (via photos of the two of them posted on another site)

Michael, Mark, and Louie's partners are unknown for the men. Anna D. will likely get Michael, as I'm assuming he's taller than Mark and she's the tallest female pro. A lot of people are speculating Louie and Chelsie will be paired up so that will probably leave Mark/Lacey. But no idea or confirmation, as well as no concrete confirmation on Joanna (who many think has Derek), MJH, Kellie, Macy, or Kathy. I don't even know if Jonathan is coming back, or if it's true Fabian is and Tony isn't. Height wise, they would have to have Macy and Kathy. Kathy says she has met her partner but can't reveal it until Monday, when ABC officially releases the pairs. Derek and Joanna have reportedly met their partners as well. Kellie, MJH, and Louis all said they'd meet there's later in the week.

I'm in complete agreement about Cheryl. She'll probably go back to getting someone really good next season, intentionally or unintentionally. If she was telling the truth, Julianne will be back next year and no doubt get the cream of the crop as well. Why I'm willing to root for Donny is I feel this is Kym's one shot to finally win. I hope Edyta and Karina get contenders next year. I'm not sure about Ashley so I'll hold off judgement on him, but I don't have high hopes for Aaron. The pro dancer competition is coming back this year, too, so I wonder if someone else is hitting the road next season to make a space. I'm thrilled Anna T. is back, but wish they'd finally give her another contender, or at least one with a fan base. I'm really stumped going into this season how well popularity is going to play in. Maybe dancing finally will win the prize.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-20-2009 at 08:23 AM.

I think Aaron will do really well. I've seen him in concert a couple of times....once when he was really young when he opened for the Backstreet Boys, and he's got skills. It won't take him long to pick up on the new routines. He's got a long lankey body that is perfect for these dances.
    I wish he had a different partner (like Chelsie). Karinna seems more bitchy than others.

And I wish Donny had Edyta, but she may be too tall for him. I loved when she danced with Cameron. They were HOT together.

I also think Tom will do better than expected. He sounded very excited about this experience when he was on Sean Hannity's radio show yesterday.

My gut feeling is that the clunkers will be Macy, Joanna, Kellie, Chuck and Louie.
    I'm probably (usually) wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670699;
    I think Aaron will do really well. I've seen him in concert a couple of times....once when he was really young when he opened for the Backstreet Boys, and he's got skills. It won't take him long to pick up on the new routines. He's got a long lankey body that is perfect for these dances.
    I wish he had a different partner (like Chelsie). Karinna seems more bitchy than others.

And I wish Donny had Edyta, but she may be too tall for him. I loved when she danced with Cameron. They were HOT together.

I also think Tom will do better than expected. He sounded very excited about this experience when he was on Sean Hannity's radio show yesterday.

My gut feeling is that the clunkers will be Macy, Joanna, Kellie, Chuck and Louie.
    I'm probably (usually) wrong tho.
    I don't know accurate heights, I just know from reading interviews Edyta mentioned she and Kym usually get the tallest male pros because they are the tallest female dancers. I almost think Kym is taller than Edyta, but I may be wrong. Ashley is 6'4" I've read, so this will be like Jason Taylor height for her. 9 seasons on this show I wish she could finally win. Tom may be better than people expect however I think his politics will be what does him in. People are against him for that reason alone. Obviously, are Gilles and Ty are in the mix somewhere Based on popularity and attitude, I expect Joanna to be at a disadvantage. Given comments I've read from Louie I don't expect much from him. I'm normally wrong, too, but it's always fun to speculate. I hope Kathy and Natalie do well, mainly because I like Kathy, want a model other than Joanna to do well, and want Alec to have a strong season. I actually expected Aaron to get Lacey or Chelsie, based on age and personality. I don't care much for Aaron, so hopefully Karina is a challenge for him. Maks said in a paparazzi video, when asked how Debi's dancing was coming along, that they were working on it. I hope that's not a bad sign She's had dance training, so hopefully it's just working on her ballroom skills.

Tom may be better than people expect however I think his politics will be what does him in. People are against him for that reason alone.
    And a lot of people will vote for him for just that reason

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670725;
    And a lot of people will vote for him for just that reason
    It really would be nice if we could vote on the dancing and the performance skills rather than what someone does off the dance floor. I hate how this always turns into a high school too cool for school competition.

Am I the only one who watches for the dancing? I wouldn't care if it was a one eyed flying purple people eater in the competition if it could do an Awesome Argentine Tango.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3664693;
    The only pro who can handle Joanna Krupa would probably be Maks, even though I personally do not want him to get her. Mark or Derek should get her. She acted like a complete b**ch on The Superstars. She treated T.O. like crap.
    I wholeheartedly agree about Joanna. I was putoff by her rude, unsportsmenlike behavior to her team. There is such a comraderie with the DWTS cast, that I hope she doesn't dampen the spirit of the show. I hope she makes a quick exit.

That being said, fortunately she is not paired with Maks. Maks is paried with Debi. Also, according to ET Edyta is paired with Ashley Hamilton (same parter dear ol' dad had) and Donny is paired with Kym.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

+ Reply to Thread