+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

FORT Newbie

bad seasons of this show here

i think that the last seasons of this show have sucked big time this season is not any different why can they not get any better famous people to do the show then the ones that they do get what to you think about this.

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Re: *Official Season 9 Line-Up*

.. Chuck Liddell?

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell?

.. I have never watched an episode of DWTS in my life, but this will be far too hilarious to miss.

Come on, guys. Seriously, look up a picture of the man and then try to imagine him dancing. This is going to be awesome.

And they got Sabrina the Teenage Witch too, which is an added bonus.
    You've been Philiminated.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3665588;
    I can't believe she'll last past the first or second vote. Tom DeLay may be the only thing that saves her from being the first boot. And I agree, please, DWTS Gods, don't put her with Maks. I want her to get Derek or Mark. They need a challenge, especially Derek. He's had it easy with Kim, Brooke, Jennie, and Shannon. I'm just worried Alec or Louis will get her

I'm surprised I recognize more of this cast than any previous seasons. I only heard of Joanna from Superstars, but I recognized all the other ladies and didn't know 3 of the men. I do hope Kathy Ireland has a better chance than some of the other models. I'll eat paint if Joanna outlasts her. I wonder if she begged producers to be on the show or if ABC liked her whining, snotty attitude and thought she'd be good for ratings. Eh, I guess they always need filler people. I still think Tom was a last minute replacement. He beats some other politicians names that have gone through the rumor mill over the seasons.

According to Tom, these will be the new dances introduced this season: Bolero, the Charleston, the Two Step and the Lambada. I was hoping for the merengue myself.

Because of Mark and Kellie's British roots, I'm betting those two get paired together. Debi Mazar may be a Maks candidate, since she's tough and sassy and full of attitude. Mya and Melissa are on the shorter side, and Joanna is 5'7". Those could be Louis and Derek candidates. Since Derek just had Mya's buddy Lil Kim, I'm betting on him getting Melissa. Macy is 6' so I'm going to guess she goes to Dmitry or Jonathan. Jonathan is just 6' I've read so that may not work. Kathy and Natalie are 5'10", so they could go to Alec and Tony. I'm more worried who's going to get Joanna and Tom.
    I don't think Tom was a last minute replacement because on ABC news tonight, they said Tom's wife told them he had been working out and had lost 12 lbs to help him on the show. You can't lose 12 lbs overnight. There is no doubt that he is a tough politician though, but in his job he had to be. I was thrilled that he was going to be on DWTS and as soon as I heard it this morning, I called my husband at the office and he was floored and said "I would never have guessed that."
    Last edited by fluff; 08-18-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: no politics

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3665185;
    Isn't this the same actor who was in some kind of movie based on the Brazilian martial arts that has a lot of rhythm as part of it? I think he might be the dark horse for sure.
    Yep - the movie was called "Only the Strong", and the martial art was called capoeira. Great film, and he was so hot!

I am so happy to see Michael Irvin on this show! yeah. Donny Osmond, not so much. I had my fill of him when Marie was on the show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3665834;
    I don't think Tom was a last minute replacement because on ABC news tonight, they said Tom's wife told them he had been working out and had lost 12 lbs to help him on the show. You can't lose 12 lbs overnight. There is no doubt that he is a tough politician though, but in his job he had to be. I was thrilled that he was going to be on DWTS and as soon as I heard it this morning, I called my husband at the office and he was floored and said "I would never have guessed that."
    I actually liked Tom DeLay. But personally, Democrat, Republican, or Independent, I think they need to keep politicians and anyone that has any association to politics or scandals off the show. I feel like they're far too polarizing figures to be on here, and unfortuantely won't get a fair break even if they put Fred and Ginger to shame with their dancing skills. I didn't catch that about him losing weight. I guess he was the best kept secret of the season Tom wasn't kidding when he said there was bound to be surprises that weren't on any leaked lists. Tom got leaked by a source right before GMA started.

Kathy Ireland was on my wish list once upon a time, so if I can't have Cindy, Elle, or Heidi she's just as good. I really hope she does well. I think this is going to be an interesting season, based on not knowing much, if anything, about the cast, and some different personalities. That's why I hope Donny doesn't dominate his way to victory. Unless it's with Edyta, Karina, Kym, or Anna T.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the new dances I hope they don't get rid of the Argentine Tango. That is probably the best addition. With so many couples, I wonder if they'll have more weeks of new dances rather than week 6 everyone start with dances they haven't done yet. I wouldn't mind seeing them get rid of the rumba, as that's one dance that's overdone and bores me worse than the waltz. I also hope they get rid of the dance off and the team dances.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.

I'm going to guess...

Donny & Lacey
    Ashley & Anna D.
    Michael & Karina
    Mark & Chelsie
    Chuck & Kym
    Louie & Cheryl
    Aaron & Anna T.
    Tom & Edyta

Kathy & Tony
    Macy & Dmitry
    Melissa & Louis (please happen)
    Mya & Alec
    Kelly & Jonathan
    Debi & Mark
    Natalie & Maks
    Joanna & Derek
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 08-17-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3665982;
    I'm going to guess...

Donny & Lacey
    Ashley & Anna D.
    Michael & Karina
    Mark & Chelsie
    Chuck & Kym
    Louie & Cheryl
    Aaron & Anna T.
    Tom & Edyta

Kathy & Tony
    Macy & Dmitry
    Melissa & Louis (please happen)
    Mya & Alec
    Kelly & Jonathan
    Debi & Mark
    Natalie & Maks
    Joanna & Derek
    Don't say Tom and Edyta, please How tall is Dmitry exactly? Jonathan is just 6'0" but he had Marie as a partner, who was only 5'5". But they have enough short ladies for the shorter male pros to take up. I also hope Anna gets someone other than Aaron. I don't care for the kid, and am not sure he'll have the right mind set and respect to last long or appreciate his partner.

Ashley and Anna D. seem like a given based on height. I guess my thoughts on all the pairings (or what I'd like to see happen):

1) Ashley/Anna D.
    2) Michael/Karina
    3) Tom/Cheryl (she's due another early out even if the producers expected Cristian, Maurice, and Gilles to not do as well).
    4) Chuck/Kym (or Edyta)
    5) Aaron/Anna T. (possibly Lacey, Chelsie, or Cheryl)
    6) Louie/Chelsie (or Lacey)
    7) Donny/Lacey (since he mentioned he wanted her as a partner since he's friends with her brother)
    8) Mark/Edyta (or Kym and Karina)

9) Macy/Dmitry
    10) Natalie/Jonathan (or Alec)
    11) Kathy/Alec (or Jonathan/Tony)
    12) Joanna/I don't even want to think, hopefully Derek, but I'm going to say Louis, Alec, or Tony. Jonathan went first last season I think they'll cut him a break.
    13) Debi/Maks
    14) Mya/Louis
    15) Kellie/Mark
    16) Melissa/Derek

FORT Fogey

It better be Cheryl with Tom, or I will scream. Edyta does not deserve that, and why he is even on the show is luducrous.

I love Edyta also, but the way I see it, the girl celebs are stacked. I mean, look at the cast. I know the season hasn't started yet, and I really should wait to see them in action, but to me, it seems like the girls beat the guys in terms of popularity (aka name recognition) and potential. Donny will probably make it far, but I can't see him winning. A lot of people already dislike him. There could be a few Gilles-type guys in the group, but I don't know.

So stick Edyta with a dud this season. She got a dud 2 seasons ago, and she got a meh dancer last season. So if she gets a dud this season, then she'll for sure get an amazing partner in S10. If she doesn't, then I'm going to have to write a few of the execs over at ABC.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread