+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

I guess there's no time than a week after the finale to start this list

Already names are popping up, but hopefully this one is a big.fat.no. DWTS has snuck to new lows if they put Suge on there.

Suge Knight On Dancing With The Stars Next Season? | Rap Heat

So Suge Knight may be showing his dance steps next season of Dancing with the Stars ? That’s what is being reported on MediaTakeOut. The gossip site is reporting that the show’s producers are working to get the Death Row founder, somebody that once scared the hell out of the music industry, into a pair of dance shoes so he can cut the rug with some little white lady. Suge seems interested.

“They’re negotiating finances and perks, but it looks like it’s going to happen,” a source told the website.
    Isn't it suspected that this guy had something to do with the death of Tupac Shakur?

Other names that have put it out there that they want to do the show: Jessica Simpson, Brooke Hogan, Aubrey O'Day, Roselyn Sanchez, Emily Blunt, and the three ladies on the DWTS injured list, Jewel, Nancy, and Misty.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-24-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

I just can't believe that Suge Knight could ever be on the show. Unlike Lil Kim, who went to a country club prison for a short time for not telling the whole truth as a witness to someone else's crime, Knight is an actual gangster with an actual mob, and is not looking for a new start like Kim was. He is a crimelord.

If this is who the show wants to associate with, why don't they ask O.J. Simpson next? Or maybe grab the don of a drug cartel out of South America? Sheesh.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3466379;
    I just can't believe that Suge Knight could ever be on the show. Unlike Lil Kim, who went to a country club prison for a short time for not telling the whole truth as a witness to someone else's crime, Knight is an actual gangster with an actual mob, and is not looking for a new start like Kim was. He is a crimelord.

If this is who the show wants to associate with, why don't they ask O.J. Simpson next? Or maybe grab the don of a drug cartel out of South America? Sheesh.
    I do agree, if they pick Suge, who knows what other low they might sink to in casting. Lil Kim went to prison for lying, not for being a violent thug. She paid her dues and did something petty. Why not have an edition taking place directly in prison? Phil Spector, Scott Peterson, Charles Manson. If this happens, I would expect there to be some outcry, so hopefully this is just a bad publicity stunt. I pity whoever gets stuck with him and frankly would drop out if I was the pro. Master P was bad enough in the dance and attitude department, I can't even begin to imagine how bad Suge will be. He'll take this show to a new low, and it might not recover. People in the rap industry are scared of this guy, why would they put someone with such a violent past on the show? What worries me is that the rumor about Steve-O came out not long after last season ended, and ended up being true, so I worry this might happen. And what perks? Is he going to demand his own dressing room with water imported from Europe and ladies dressed in skimpy outfits to give him lap dances?

DWTS has snuck to new lows if they put Suge on there.
    I need to proof read my posts, that should be sunk, not snuck (though I think the producers are pretty sneaky sometimes).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3466439;
    What worries me is that the rumor about Steve-O came out not long after last season ended, and ended up being true, so I worry this might happen.
    What was the rumor about Steve-O?

Ugh, I hope this is just a rumor. That thug is the last person I want to see on my TV.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3466487;
    Yeah. I want to hear this Steve-O rumor too...
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I think it was just that he was going to be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3466487;
    Sorry, I should have clarified. Nothing juicy, just the rumor he was going to be on the show, and he ended up being cast. It may seem early to start thinking about DWTS9 but since the rumor about Steve-O being cast started right around the season finale of last year, and now this with Suge, it makes me worry there will be some truth to it. I hope the producers aren't that turned on by the drama, controversy, and water cooler talk he'll bring. I know there's that saying "no press is bad press" but this is an exception. How would they even announce this guy? 'Rapper gangsta convicted felon music mogel?'

Suge knight not only would his partner need a bullet proof vest but Carrie ann, Len , and Bruno also. lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here's a link that talked briefly about the DWTS finale, as well as a few other shows. One thing mentioned about next season's training hours by the producer:

'American Idol' and 4 more must-see season finales -- Newsday.com

WHAT THE PRODUCER SAYS: I talked with the affable boss of "DWTS," Conrad Green, who explained this season's rash of injuries thusly: "As years go by, [contestants] get more and more serious [and] launch themselves into this. What we've learned is that you can't always rely on people using their best judgment." He added, "You've got a lot of type-A personalities throwing themselves into this, and it's almost more dangerous if you're already fit because you think you're OK." As a result, there will be a new rule for the ninth season. Contestants will be limited to a maximum of five hours a day of rehearsal time, with a break every 2 1/2 hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast