+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Some more rumors for next season: Kelly Osbourne (mother Sharon is being rumored for SCD this season, though with her doing America's Got Talent until the end of Sept./Oct. I'm not sure if that would work). Would probably be the first time two people that were related competed at the same time on opposite versions.

Greg Vaughn, of General Hospital (at least whoever got him wouldn't have to do the coast to coast thing), and Tori Spelling has thrown her and her husbands names out there. I'm guessing they probably have the cast picked by now. Mark more or less confirmed he'd be back, which isn't a shock but please DWTS producers, take pity on those of us who don't like him and Derek and give them some stinkers for a change. I saw another blurb about Lou Ferrigno being on on E! News tonight. I'm going to guess he, Donny, Aaron Carter, and possibly Vera Wang will be part of the new cast. I hope that leaked list wasn't completely accurate.

Premium Member

Oh please NO Donny Osmond, hell I will be seeing his face on every Entertainment show again along with his tagalong Marie. Arggh.

Unless he's totally BSing or has something else in the works, Aaron Carter is our first confirmed celeb for season 9. He mentions to watch for his "big news" Aug. 17th on ABC, the day the cast is being revealed. Not a fan of his I must say.

I'm betting he gets Chelsie or Lacey, due to his age. Since he went through a rough patch and could be considered a ballroom rebel, they might give him to Lacey. But since she just had one of those, and Donny mentioned he wants her as a partner if he's cast, then Chelsie gets stuck with Aaron.

Two other possible confirmations:

Stargazing | Lou Ferrigno goes 'Dancing'; Kate Gosselin wigs out; Craig Ferguson sounds off - Kansas City Star

The Hulk waltzes?

Sources tell Life & Style magazine that former “Incredible Hulk” star Lou Ferrigno will dance on the upcoming season of “Dancing With the Stars.”

Ferrigno, who was training Michael Jackson for his comeback concerts, tried out for the show in 2007.

He told the magazine that he’s already training for the new season and that dancing isn’t one of his strong suits.

“I’ve never done that type of dancing before, so I know that I’ll have to train hard,” he says. “I’m a glutton for punishment, so I’ll give it my best shot.”
    Kurt Angle is considering appearing on Dancing with the Stars | The Sun |Sport|Wrestling

Kurt Angle: Dance Machine

Published: 31 Jul 2009

KURT ANGLE has been shortlisted for the new series of Dancing with the Stars — the US version of Strictly Come Dancing.
    The TNA champion was bitten by the dance bug when former WWE babe Stacy Keibler waltzed her way to third place in the competition in 2006.

For Angle, 40, this could be the ideal opportunity to break into the mainstream.

But the big question is...can he dance?

According to his agent, Dave Hawk, he can move and shake with the best of them.

The master of the ankle lock recently showcased some funky moves that would put fellow grappler Booker T and his spinarooni to shame.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, Hawk said: "Its pretty simple, Kurt enjoys dancing and believe it or not he has the talent to do it.

"Just as Kurt has lightning speed, smooth, controlled and brilliant moves in pro-wrestling, this man can also dance.

"I had my first real glimpse of his dancing talent at my son's wedding about a year ago. I was really surprised as Kurt can really move.

"All I can say is if Kurt takes that drive, determination and attitude of wanting to be the best at wherever he does, I believe with his athletic ability and charisma, he will be a very strong contender on this program."

Dancing with the Stars returns in the US for its ninth season on September 21. The cast will be unveiled on the Monday, August 17 edition of Good Morning America on ABC News.

Other top tips for the show include Puppy Love singer Donny Osmond and top fashion designer Vera Wang.

An ABC spokesperson declined to comment on casting.
    If it's true about Ashley Hamilton being cast, then I say Anna D. and Kym will get him and Lou. They are the two tallest female pros, and so far those 2 are the two tallest rumored male celebs. I'm not too sure I have high hopes for Lou or Kurt given the comments. I just want Karina, Edyta, Kym, Maks, Tony, and if they return Alec and Louis to get good partners this year.

Another interesting note-while the article I read probably had them mixed up, it said DWTS was interested in adding Paula Abdul as a guest judge. However, they mentioned DWTS produced by Nigel Lythgoe, and went on with a quote from Nigel saying he'd love to have Paula guest at his table anytime. So they probably meant SYTYCD, though I wouldn't be surprised if DWTS was interested in possibly having Paula. I think it'd make Carrie Ann's head explode And she'd be a million times better than Michael Flatley.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3606062;
    In Trista's case, that was the first season, the guinea pig season. She was still the big it girl from reality TV.
    Thanking goodness Jillian Harris can't dance!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Latest gossip:
    McDermott To Dance With The Stars?

7 August 2009 6:26 PM, PDT

Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott is in talks to don his dancing shoes for U.S. TV contest Dancing With The Stars.

The actor, who has his own reality show Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood with Spelling, admits he has been approached to show off his fancy footwork in the upcoming ninth season.

McDermott tells U.S. radio show Valentine in the Morning, "They have expressed an interest in me, and I haven't heard back from them yet so I don't know. We had talks. I met with them."

The latest series of the celebrity dance competition kicks off in September.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

While I loved last season even though I wasn't excited pre-show about the cast, I hope the majority of these rumors turn out to be false. Otherwise, just give Derek or Donny the trophy. I hope it's not another predictable season where the winner is concerned.

PLEASE no Paula Abdul on DWTS. I would think she would be FAR too over qualified as a contestant and waaaay too annoying as a judge.

There was an article from ET via Perez Hilton this morning that had some tidbits about this next season:

There will be 16 couples, and no new pros from SYTCYD. There may potentially be a couple newbies, but Anna is the only confirmed one. He also said that there will be some old pros returning, which explains the promo shoot where Alec, Anna, Jesse, and all those folks were there.

There will be three consecutive weeks of double-eliminations. It will be halfway through the season, and I think it's a great twist because it means that they need to step up every week.

Paula Abdul is indeed being considered, either as a contestant or as a guest judge.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3652992;
    There was an article from ET via Perez Hilton this morning that had some tidbits about this next season:

There will be 16 couples, and no new pros from SYTCYD. There may potentially be a couple newbies, but Anna is the only confirmed one. He also said that there will be some old pros returning, which explains the promo shoot where Alec, Anna, Jesse, and all those folks were there.

There will be three consecutive weeks of double-eliminations. It will be halfway through the season, and I think it's a great twist because it means that they need to step up every week.

Paula Abdul is indeed being considered, either as a contestant or as a guest judge.
    I like that news But will any pros be getting replaced I wonder? Right now, if they do 8 males and 8 females, they'd need two new male pros and one new female pro. I'm glad the double eliminations won't be every week, and I would be thrilled if some of my long time favorite pros return (assuming the show doesn't give them the bottom of the barrell).

If Paula's a contestant please don't give her to Derek

+ Reply to Thread