+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Could James Wagner be Jack Wagner instead..he is Heather Locklear's boyfriend! Since she is rumored as a potential contestant?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ashley Hamilton (George's son) is gonna be on next season I just read.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3595556;
    Could James Wagner be Jack Wagner instead..he is Heather Locklear's boyfriend! Since she is rumored as a potential contestant?
    I thought of that, though Jack is on The Bold & the Beautiful, on a competing network, so I'd be surprised. I also thought maybe Lyle Wagner. Well, if James Wagner really does exist, he likely isn't going to have much, if any, of a fan base. At least some people heard of Gilles Marini and Josie Maran I'm willing to bet that list if 90% false. I'll believe Aaron Carter, and Lou Ferringo. But it left off some other rumored names, unless they aren't going to be on after all. I'm betting on Donny Osmond, possibly Mike Greenberg (or Erin Andrews) from ESPN.

I read on Wikipedia that Brooke Burke would return to guest Judge for the first 4 weeks.
    Seriously?! That's worse than Michael Flately SCD is sacking a long time favorite judge and replacing her with a former winner, but many aren't happy, including the pros. I'm not surprised DWTS is following suit, though why Brooke? Why not get someone with dance experience, and I don't trust Brooke not to be bias. Already I'm wishing this season was over, and it hasn't even started. At least CA will have another one on her team. Poor Len will fighting the standard ballroom battle alone while CA goes after lifts and she, Bruno, and Brooke just award whatever they liked, even if it's technically all wrong.

Conrad Green said that they'd never consider reality stars, as they want someone who's an actual star (D-lister or not), and not someone who's just famous for being a "real" person with a reality show. He said Melissa was the exception since they needed someone last minute. Which I guess should make be happy that Heidi/Spencer would never be considered.

Um, using that logic how can you explain Kim Kardashian?
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3600015;
    True. I think many of us are more familiar with reality "stars" than other types of stars. Like I've said before, Melissa and Lawrence Taylor from last season were the only two of the "stars" I was familiar with when the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3600015;
    Ask Conrad Green that one I'd guess Trista wouldn't count since that was the first season. And then there was Shanna Moakler, but she was also a former beauty queen so maybe she didn't quite count as a reality star. What else has Kim done besides her infamous sex tape that led to her reality show? I think I heard she had an in with someone, so maybe that was it. Or because she's not the typical reality star like TB(ette) contestants or those from The Real Housewives and shows like that.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3601684;
    Ask Conrad Green that one I'd guess Trista wouldn't count since that was the first season. And then there was Shanna Moakler, but she was also a former beauty queen so maybe she didn't quite count as a reality star. What else has Kim done besides her infamous sex tape that led to her reality show? I think I heard she had an in with someone, so maybe that was it. Or because she's not the typical reality star like TB(ette) contestants or those from The Real Housewives and shows like that.
    See I can understand using Trista and Melissa. They're "products" of ABC. It's synergy by using from your own "talent pool". Melissa also seemed to have a string of bad luck put her in her place...between her own misfortune and Nancy O'Dell's last minute pullout. I put Kim Kardashian in the same category as the group from "The Hills" and all that other BS. They're just tabloid fodder "celebrities". They're not STARS.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3603124;
    See I can understand using Trista and Melissa. They're "products" of ABC. It's synergy by using from your own "talent pool". Melissa also seemed to have a string of bad luck put her in her place...between her own misfortune and Nancy O'Dell's last minute pullout. I put Kim Kardashian in the same category as the group from "The Hills" and all that other BS. They're just tabloid fodder "celebrities". They're not STARS.
    In Trista's case, that was the first season, the guinea pig season. She was still the big it girl from reality TV. They also used Kelly Monaco, who's on an ABC soap (and that led to part of the controversy when she won). I doubt the producers would have ever thought that the show would have been as big, then or now, as it turned out. But since, they've used ABC stars, sure, but have yet to use another reality show castoff from one of their shows. Conrad said Melissa was an obvious exception because of the last minute placement. Kim does fall into that famous for nothing except for being infamous, so she's probably an exception, too. After the ruffles Speidi caused on "I'm A Celebrity..." this summer, I'm terrified ABC will think it's a good idea to cast them on here I'm not exactly sure where Holly fits in. I don't really even consider her the same tabloid fodder as the Kardashians, "The Hills", and the Hiltons.

As for two rumored contestants, Lou and Ashley-considering both are over 6" I'm guessing one of them will be Anna Demidova's partner, and the other will probably go to Kym or Edyta. Which somewhat disappoints me, because right now I don't expect either to do well. I want Kym and Edyta to get good partners next season, but they both said they're the tallest female pros so they get the ones that are on the taller side. I'll eat dirt if the final 5 has Mark, Derek, and Cheryl in it again.

I Just Read on Wikipedia that Parker Posey was approched by ABC Execs to be on this season.

There was recently a promo shoot for the upcoming season, which featured some of my favorite past pros who've been MIA for a few seasons (Alec Mazo, Fabian Sanchez, Nick Kosovich, Jesse DeSoto, Anna Trebunskyia). Current pros Lacey, Jonathan, Dmitry, Edyta, Kym, and Chelsie were also in the shoot. I'd love it if those were going to be the upcoming pros for the new seasons, as I've been missing Jesse, Nick, and Anna. All of the have gotten shafted the seasons they were on (same for Alec) so it'd be great to see them come back with great partners. It wouldn't pain me if Derek, Mark, and Cheryl took a break.

At any rate, I'm glad Nick, Anna, Jesse, and Fabian were at the shoot, because maybe there's hope they aren't out of the running to return, considering Nick hasn't been on since season 3 and that was Jesse's one and only season.

+ Reply to Thread