+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3552339;
    I don't have it.....he's on my wish list. I think he would be FABULOUS!!!! He's energetic, no stranger to choreography or sequins. Hey, if Cloris could do it....so can Richard!
    Richard would be a blast! I'd vote for him like crazy. That is, if he didn't end up being obnoxious and annoying like Cloris or the creepy apply guy. I wouldn't want him to make it the whole season but he'd probably be fun to watch for half of the season.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The new cast will be revealed August 17th on GMA, with the 3 night premiere starting Monday, September 21st. The bad news? Wikipedia is reporting there might possibly be 16 couples this season, with two eliminations each week up until the finale. Since SCD does around that many I figured it was only a matter of time. The positive I can see with that is at least they'll have more material to fill 2 hours with. Hopefully that'll also make things a little less biased with more couples to pick from. I also hope that would mean the return of former pros Anna T., Alec, Louis, Fabian, and Inna. Maybe even some of the pros from the contest last season will join. I just hope it doesn't mean more cast offs from SYTYCD or other dance shows.

Vera Wang was more or less confirmed by E! as joining, Donny Osmond has once again confirmed himself, actor Lou Ferrangio mentioned he wanted to be on and was in talks, then race car driver PJ Chesson, singer/actor/fame whore Aaron Carter and wrestler Kurt Angle were in negotiations to join. I could get behind 16 couples even if I think it's too many. I just hope they don't go overboard being all flashy and using this as an excuse to cast more people like the Woz. I shudder to think Corky might return.

Here's an alleged list of who's competing next season:

Da Brat
    Alicia Sacramone (she's mentioned before she wanted to do it, long before Shawn; I just hope if her casting is true that they don't pair her with Derek or Mark)
    Heather Locklear
    Jewel (I could really care less if Jewel came back, but I hope they give Nancy a second shot as well. I wonder if they'll still pair her with Dmitry if this is true)
    Aubrey O'Day
    Christie Brinkley (at least this is a model most people have heard of-for better or worse)
    Melissa Joan Hart (I'll be curious if, after all these seasons of trying to get on, getting bumped for Heather Mills, and calling a boycott, if she'd agree to it and if they'd finally bring her on)
    Aaron Carter
    Tony Danza (talk about a ringer! I just hope anyone other than Cheryl or Lacey gets him. Spread the wealth and give him to Edyta, Kym, or Karina)
    James Wagner
    Johnny Weir
    Brian McKnight (wasn't this the guy who was on Celebrity Apprentice last season that barely had any footage because he was so dull?)
    Lou Ferrigno (been rumored for this season already)
    Mike Greenberg (has made several mentions he wants to do this show)

Considering it seems pretty even matched and it doesn't look like they're automatically stacking the deck to get a male/female winner, and that this is a pretty recognizable cast, I'd call BS on it. I don't know if they'd have two Gold medal well known gymnasts back to back or two rappers who've had their share of legal troubles back to back. Plus, no Vera, Donny, or Debi, who are also out there in the mix.

Tony said in an interview that the producers were mixing things up this season. He said there would be more pairings, new dances, and a relax with the lift rule.

Who is James Wagner?

FORT Fogey

Great another cast with at least half a dozen people I have never heard of. I too do not know who James Wagner is nor Johnny Wire either. I wish they would change the format a little bit so that more higher end celebrities could be on it. I think they should have maybe four couples a week dance pick a winner from those four and than after a few weeks have the winners compete for a couple weeks to choose an overall winner. Kind of like they are doing Top Chef Masters right now. That would be less of a commitment for the celebrities which means possibly getting some better chocies other than past athletes, news anchors I could care less about, and F list reality and has been actors.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3584961;
    Great another cast with at least half a dozen people I have never heard of. I too do not know who James Wagner is nor Johnny Wire either. I wish they would change the format a little bit so that more higher end celebrities could be on it. I think they should have maybe four couples a week dance pick a winner from those four and than after a few weeks have the winners compete for a couple weeks to choose an overall winner. Kind of like they are doing Top Chef Masters right now. That would be less of a commitment for the celebrities which means possibly getting some better chocies other than past athletes, news anchors I could care less about, and F list reality and has been actors.
    James Wagner is an actor. I went to IMDB to look him up, but the two I found under actors don't exactly have a lot of credits to their name, assuming one of them is him. Never heard of the guy, either, and google wasn't much help. Johnny Weir is a figure skater, but as another sight pointed out, he's mentioned about competing in the 2010 Olympics, so I'd highly doubt he'd either have time or risk injury for DWTS with the Olympics a few months after the show ends. Another site also mentioned Donny/Marie have cancelled all their shows for the fall, from September through December, so it's probably a good bet he's on. I'm iffy with Donny. I really hope he doesn't get paired with Lacey like he asked, because she's not exactly my favorite pro, and he's a sure bet for the finals, if not the win, and I'm sure he'll be producers pet. I want him to go to one of the vets (not Cheryl). The only ones I'd believe on that list are Aaron, Lou, and Mike, all because they've been rumored for this season already.

Melissa Joan Hart?!?!?!?! Could it be, the one person who I've been hoping to be on this show for seasons after seasons is finally getting a chance to dance? Alright!

Alicia Sacramone should wait one more season. Shawn just won last season, and I think people will be against her just because they don't want another Shawn-like win. But I like her. I felt bad for her when she fell on the bar during the team competition, and all of the blame fell upon her for losing to the Chinese girls. When in reality, even if she didn't fall, they still would have lost.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

[QUOTE=karalott;3579735;]Here's an alleged list of who's competing next season:

Da Brat
    Alicia Sacramone (she's mentioned before she wanted to do it, long before Shawn; I just hope if her casting is true that they don't pair her with Derek or Mark)
    Heather Locklear
    Jewel (I could really care less if Jewel came back, but I hope they give Nancy a second shot as well. I wonder if they'll still pair her with Dmitry if this is true)
    Aubrey O'Day
    Christie Brinkley (at least this is a model most people have heard of-for better or worse)
    Melissa Joan Hart (I'll be curious if, after all these seasons of trying to get on, getting bumped for Heather Mills, and calling a boycott, if she'd agree to it and if they'd finally bring her on)
    Aaron Carter
    Tony Danza (talk about a ringer! I just hope anyone other than Cheryl or Lacey gets him. Spread the wealth and give him to Edyta, Kym, or Karina)
    James Wagner
    Johnny Weir
    Brian McKnight (wasn't this the guy who was on Celebrity Apprentice last season that barely had any footage because he was so dull?)
    Lou Ferrigno (been rumored for this season already)
    Mike Greenberg (has made several mentions he wants to do this show)

Considering it seems pretty even matched and it doesn't look like they're automatically stacking the deck to get a male/female winner, and that this is a pretty recognizable cast, I'd call BS on it. I don't know if they'd have two Gold medal well known gymnasts back to back or two rappers who've had their share of legal troubles back to back. Plus, no Vera, Donny, or Debi, who are also out there in the mix.

Tony said in an interview that the producers were mixing things up this season. He said there would be more pairings, new dances, and a relax with the lift rule.[/QUOTE]

Could you tell me where we could see or read this interview with Tony?

I don't like that list at all.

Da Brat? Seriously?

I read on Wikipedia that Brooke Burke would return to guest Judge for the first 4 weeks.

+ Reply to Thread